Los Angeles Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals Preseason Week 1 Gameday Thread. 8/8/19

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
boy

both lines just got worked in the first quarter

how bad was it:

with the Cards D: "finally, stuffed the run" Gain of 5 yards.

with the Cards O: "finally, some running room for DJ" gain of 4 yards

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Just got a chance to watch the highlights. I know it’s only preseason but the kid looked good.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK looks like I was wrong....very surprised
I too overthought the situation and caved into watching the ABC West Coast feed (DirecTV 397 I think). Problem with that strategy is that I'd be stuck with non-Cardinal player coverage by the Chargers anncrs.

in NYC viewing area, NFL Network blacked out Gints vs. Jets because. game was also telecast on WNBC Channel 4. But, just to be sure, I peeked at NFL Net and, voila! Game on.

I bring this up because this is the type of BS we out of town Card fans routinely have to deal with in preseason.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two things that I want to mention. One good, one bad. First the bad:
*From the first day of TC I noticed that Hakeem Butler drops some easy passes. And while he can make the tough catch, and he'll probably make the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive every week.

*One thing that I was impressed with (and there were others) was that we weren't called for a lot of penalties. And for a first game and a rookie HC, I have to give kudos to KK and his staff.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope we keep him on the active roster as our 4th RB.

He adds size and toughness to our running game.

You bet, we need one banger and there is none on the roster other than DJ... Strickland has some 'umph' but he does not have that compact punch and balance like Hills who would be great for short yardage

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree. There is a role for T.J. on this team. He can flat out fly. He can turn a little dump off into a long td especially in the 4th quarter when the defense is a little gassed.

Last year's staff was very bad at everything despite this there is no proof TJ can do anything when it counts.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I likes what i saw from that murray kid...but he stares down his receivers like any other rookie...he just gets the ball out quicker.
We will see lots of zones early on..kid needs to shred them and force the defenses into man.
Would like to see some deeper routes so we can see the kid go through progressions...but k2 is focused on protecting his psyche right now

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I likes what i saw from that murray kid...but he stares down his receivers like any other rookie...he just gets the ball out quicker.
We will see lots of zones early on..kid needs to shred them and force the defenses into man.
Would like to see some deeper routes so we can see the kid go through progressions...but k2 is focused on protecting his psyche right now

NFLN recapped his throws and in at least one of them I saw Kyler go to his third read and complete the pass, it all happened in about 2 seconds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson