Cardinals at Vikings PS gameday thread 8-26-23

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Difficult to assess anything player wise but I've been impressed with how the team is run. Everything looks smooth and organised. Play calls seem to be appropriate and on time. Players seem to know their role and no mixups on personnel. Penalties are minimal, especially pre snap.

Looks far more professional.
That will not be enough for some despite this point in time.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Things that drove me nuts last year: 1) pre-snap penalties, 2) taking time outs because play is late getting to QB, 3) disorganization on sideline. Things that please me this year: 1) fewer pre-snap penalties 2) plays getting to QB on time, 3) sideline is organized and operates efficiently.
Don’t know if team and coaches continue to operate efficiently, but I can tolerate a loss a lot better if the team plays intelligently and hard instead of inefficiently and sloppily.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Things that drove me nuts last year: 1) pre-snap penalties, 2) taking time outs because play is late getting to QB, 3) disorganization on sideline. Things that please me this year: 1) fewer pre-snap penalties 2) plays getting to QB on time, 3) sideline is organized and operates efficiently.
Don’t know if team and coaches continue to operate efficiently, but I can tolerate a loss a lot better if the team plays intelligently and hard instead of inefficiently and sloppily.
100%. This team may lack talent, but the product is much more watchable. When I see a team that plays smart, that is a direct reflection of the coaching staff. I like the direction this is moving from the coaching point of view. Still too early to tell on the GM and front office as far as assembling talent for the coaches.

I came away from the game thinking, this team may look a LOT different in two weeks. The moves made this week, I just have the gut feeling they are not the last.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'm pretty bullish on Cam Thomas. I think he's going to be a good NFL player and will be a key player on the next Cardinals playoff team (hopefully).

Cam is going to be a better version of Zach Allen.

Already much better than Allen after first season in NFL.

Also why Allen was expendable.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is going to be a better version of Zach Allen.

Already much better than Allen after first season in NFL.

Also why Allen was expendable.
Allen was not expendable and Thomas may become a better player but isn’t right now. Keim didn’t extend Allen when he should have in my opinion. I believe Allen was leaving before the new regime was put in place.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard