Suns @ Clippers Monday game thread 1-8-2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant fouled on the 3-point shot. I guess not per referees.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are getting beaten up and trail 111-96 in the 4th quarter. It's a familiar story.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team stinks! Three possessions in a row with a turnover. Durant is such a bad passer at times, then Beal and Booker both dribble the ball forever into a steal. Until this team plays any sort of sustained defense each night this season is over right now. They will probably make the playoffs but not a true contender. This team seems to have the mindset we will out score everyone because of who we have. Well that’s not the case boys. This ship has no rudder right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Theo Maledon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers are toying with the Suns in the 4th quarter like a cat with a mouse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a layup drill for Clippers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team stinks! Three possessions in a row with a turnover. Durant is such a bad passer at times, then Beal and Booker both dribble the ball forever into a steal. Until this team plays any sort of sustained defense each night this season is over right now. They will probably make the playoffs but not a true contender. This team seems to have the mindset we will out score everyone because of who we have. Well that’s not the case boys. This ship has no rudder right now.
We are not a contender but I have zero confidence in this team making the postseason. Not that I'd rule it out, we've played well enough at times to expect it. And losing tonight to a clearly better team doesn't concern me much but our bad losses sure do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theis allowed to lay the ball in the basket. He was wide open.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now the Clippers bring in Mason Plumlee. This roster is loaded.

Bones Hyland and PJ Tucker are still on the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are not a contender but I have zero confidence in this team making the postseason. Not that I'd rule it out, we've played well enough at times to expect it. And losing tonight to a clearly better team doesn't concern me much but our bad losses sure do.

Yeah… playoffs may not even happen. As bad as injuries have been, we still haven’t even gotten side-swiped by the inevitable month long KD injury.

This team stinks on ice. I’ve got free NBA League Pass and can barely get myself to even watch a couple minutes, much less a full game.

What a disaster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the rhythm Eddie. It's the coaching and the roster.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how Booker kept his professionalism through so many years of 15-67, but now it's like he couldn't care less whether this team wins or loses. I think he's seeing Durant for who he is and the disillusionment is crushing his spirit.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
I've learned to turn the game off after 3 quarters. Helps me feel less annoyed and frustrated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how Booker kept his professionalism through so many years of 15-67, but now it's like he couldn't care less whether this team wins or loses. I think he's seeing Durant for who he is and the disillusionment is crushing his spirit.
This team just freaking sucks

Lazy - book used to play defense. Now he’s lazy on that end. And point book just sucks.

Biggest disappointment I’ve ever seen in any Arizona team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is making me dislike Booker. And loathe KD.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've learned to turn the game off after 3 quarters. Helps me feel less annoyed and frustrated.

That was my plan, but it seems I have to watch, even knowing the results would be disastrous.