Chiefs at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-19-23

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
half.

Ingram making a strong case to be RB2.

Big Mo is making this roster. Bad false start but they run behind him a lot, he sets the front of the pocket best of the 2nd unit, and he finds work. 2 pancakes in the half and he has a solid feel for combo blocks.

Tune looks good.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm liking what I see from Tune. He could be a steal in the draft.
Unfortunately I had to watch the telecast with the KC announcers. Rarely did they mention a cardinal player by name. When Tune began avoid the pass rush and make plays with his scrambling they took notice. They seemed impressed and spoke of him quite a bit. Tune was a good find. He will get better with experience. I like his height and movement in the pocket. Seems fearless a rare trait.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Christian Matthew looked really bad last night and he was playing against their backups

He was missing tackles, out of position and got beat badly in the endzone, fortunately the pass was too long

We need to find some more quality CB depth

They have him listed as a #2 and he should be a #3 or cut
Exactly why you put him out there in a meaningless preseason game to find out if the kid can play. This team will look drastically different by next season.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to watch the telecast with the KC announcers. Rarely did they mention a cardinal player by name. When Tune began avoid the pass rush and make plays with his scrambling they took notice. They seemed impressed and spoke of him quite a bit. Tune was a good find. He will get better with experience. I like his height and movement in the pocket. Seems fearless a rare trait.
I had to watch the KC feed as well. Other than Tune they didn’t talk about the Cardinals at all. Trent Green was impressed with Tune and his mobility. They bitched about calls and I honestly believe Cardinals got screwed more than the Chiefs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, Tune has the whole package inside and out. Accuracy will tell the tale. He has nice size.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, Tune has the whole package inside and out. Accuracy will tell the tale. He is has nice size.
I do remember the knock on buffalo Allen, couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Tune will need to work on his touch but it will take more reps. I say sit McCoy and let the rookie take his knocks early.

I believe this staff didn’t select Tune haphazardly. I don’t believe they selected him to be a long term backup QB. like you said, I see the whole package here. Get him the top receiver in next year’s draft and a stud TE and we can walk away from Kyler.

People keep talking about drafting Celeb. My friend in California is a USC alumni. He called me recently saying Celeb would refuse to play for us If we drafted him. I just laughed and said we don’t need another height limited player. He was insulted…

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do remember the knock on buffalo Allen, couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. Tune will need to work on his touch but it will take more reps. I say sit McCoy and let the rookie take his knocks early.

I believe this staff didn’t select Tune haphazardly. I don’t believe they selected him to be a long term backup QB. like you said, I see the whole package here. Get him the top receiver in next year’s draft and a stud TE and we can walk away from Kyler.

People keep talking about drafting Celeb. My friend in California is a USC alumni. He called me recently saying Celeb would refuse to play for us If we drafted him. I just laughed and said we don’t need another height limited player. He was insulted…

Terry Bradshaw didn't have any touch on the ball when he came into the NFL either.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terry Bradshaw didn't have any touch on the ball when he came into the NFL either.
Well, considering his lifetime completion percentage under 52% I don’t think he ever really developed any touch… lol… different game back then for sure… He would be cut today if in his prime.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's that they say about stats?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

So Tune is the guy to lead us to a Super bowl Championship?

You ready to go ahead and say that Tune will have a better career than Murray?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic about the offensive line. It's still early but:

Frodholt is exceeding expectations at C,

Peanut Butter and Jelly looks comfortable at RT. Doesn't look like a rookie.

Hernandez has much quicker feet than I remember, he moves good for a big guy.

The Captain looks pretty dominating at LT.

Depth is still a question, but if this group stays healthy... then maybe, just maybe we're not a hopeless cause on offense this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Had to stop mid 4th q.

Don’t know why the Cards wouldn’t keep 10 OL due to the talent on the rest of the roster. Just better players.

Still haven’t seen Thomas or Sanders or Ojulari so I am guessing they didn’t play.

DL and CB seem like spots where we will see waiver moves because there just isn’t much talent.

Tune had a decent game. I like what I have seen from him so far.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, considering his lifetime completion percentage under 52% I don’t think he ever really developed any touch… lol… different game back then for sure… He would be cut today if in his prime.

Given the clutching, grabbing, and mugging of wideouts back then, you can add 10% to anyone from back then playing today's game. IMO.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole package, without accuracy, is an empty box.
I think Tune will be just fine. But, he’s not ready to be playing on Sundays just yet. He’s been a high completion % guy his entire college career, so I’m not sold that accuracy is the issue. He’s just not ready yet. I did notice that KC blitzed the hell out of him on that last TD drive of the 1st half & I thought he did pretty well. He needs to stop throwing to our Smurf receivers on the sideline routes also. I love Dortch, but he needs to stay in the middle of the field.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Tune is the guy to lead us to a Super bowl Championship?

You ready to go ahead and say that Tune will have a better career than Murray?
No is the answer to both questions. I am saying Murray will not take us to the Super Bowl. I am saying Tune is in the mold of a prototypical QB the current staff values.

Do you think Kyler will ever be an under center pocket passer?

Maybe he can do this but I remember a study on drew Brees. They actually showed the views downfield he had from his level. Without his incredible timing and knowing where his receiver‘s routes he doesn’t have the career he had.

The other liability with Kyler that bothers me is he does not throw his receivers open. He seems to throw directly at them. I’m not even claiming to be right or wrong here. It really doesn’t matter what I think about Kyler, it’s just my opinion based on my observations.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think Tune will ever be on Murray's level, like ever

But I think Tune is already on McCoy's level and might even be better