Los Angeles Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals Preseason Week 1 Gameday Thread. 8/8/19

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
USA Today football writer had some rather not-so-nice things to say about the Cardinals.

Time for Cards to knock that chip off.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
USA Today football writer had some rather not-so-nice things to say about the Cardinals.

Time for Cards to knock that chip off.

Most sportswriters have the Cards as having a top 5 pick in next years draft, meaning we will be one of the worst teams yet again. Only time will tell if they are right but I certainly don't expect the preseason to answer any of those questions---didn't last years team have a ridiculous amount of forced turnovers in the preseason? That obviously didn't make a difference.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most sportswriters have the Cards as having a top 5 pick in next years draft, meaning we will be one of the worst teams yet again. Only time will tell if they are right but I certainly don't expect the preseason to answer any of those questions---didn't last years team have a ridiculous amount of forced turnovers in the preseason? That obviously didn't make a difference.
Call me an eternal optimist, but I chalk up last season to the combination of injuries and really abysmal coaching.

As forvthis year, the writers be damned.

I'm not sure how or whether this will translate to improved W & L, but I think (a) our roster is better and (b) coaching should be improved. I'm not saying we're going to do it, but I think this squad is, with a few breaks, capable of reaching or surpassing .500.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m really excited to see Keesean Johnson. Heard some interesting things about him while listening to the Cards underground podcast. He worked out with fellow Fresno St. alum Davante Adams of the Packers who incidentally played under Cards WR coach David Raih. They said that may be why he’s getting more reps in practice. He seems like a good kid.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
It's fake football, but I'm just happy to see the logo and uniforms back on the playing field after a loooong offseason.

For the first few plays I might even allow myself to ignore that little voice in my head constantly reminding me that none of this means anything.

It's here!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited about the game but I'm going to miss it because I will not have access to media most of Thursday and Friday.

Will it be replayed on television later in the weekend?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be listening to gm at work sooooo excited to see how Murray does i know limited snaps and also young wrs butler and cb Murphy also see how the saftey Thompson does he has talent.

Go Cards!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meaningless football, but still really want to see our rookies and vanilla scheme against another opponent.

Hopefully Murray, in this meaningless game, rips them a new hole.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel like
Meaningless football, but still really want to see our rookies and vanilla scheme against another opponent.

Hopefully Murray, in this meaningless game, rips them a new hole.

I’m mainly going to be looking at our wr’s, our safeties DL Allen our 3 rd and 4 th rb’s. I will also be interested in watching the movement of our olinemen. Will they be plowing straight ahead ? Will they be pulling, trapping? Plenty to watch.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be our first glimpse at a lot of new stuff about the Cardinals. Should answer a few questions.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like Daniel Jones has just locked up MVP of preseason game 1 award.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson