Chiefs at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-19-23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Tune will ever be on Murray's level, like ever

But I think Tune is already on McCoy's level and might even be better
Physically, yes, Tune is already better than McCoy. But, that’s not what will give us a chance to win early on this season. Defenses like WA, NY, and even Dallas will fool him far more easily than McCoy. But, if by chance Murray has a setback, then yes, after 5-6 weeks, I would prefer Tune play than McCoy.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No is the answer to both questions. I am saying Murray will not take us to the Super Bowl. I am saying Tune is in the mold of a prototypical QB the current staff values.

Do you think Kyler will ever be an under center pocket passer?

Maybe he can do this but I remember a study on drew Brees. They actually showed the views downfield he had from his level. Without his incredible timing and knowing where his receiver‘s routes he doesn’t have the career he had.

The other liability with Kyler that bothers me is he does not throw his receivers open. He seems to throw directly at them. I’m not even claiming to be right or wrong here. It really doesn’t matter what I think about Kyler, it’s just my opinion based on my observations.

Okay, I'm not going to say that the above is unreasonable (especially after last year).

I will say this --- In 2021, murray posted a pure QB rating of 100.6. 69.2% completions. 24 TDs to 10 ints. 400+ yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs.

CardNots I think that is generally a sufficient level of play from your QB to allow a team to win a championship. I know there are a whole bunch of other intangible factors that go into the championship equation. Clutch-ness, durability, leadership, etc. But just from a pure production standpoint, K1 was good enough in 2021.

What version of Kyler do we get for 2023 (and beyond)? Who knows? It's possible the Cardinals have broken Murray, and that he'll never recover from last year.

But if he comes back and plays up to his potential (like he did in 2021, and personally I think he will) then I think that we can win a championship with him. But we'll have to put more talent around him than there is now, and we'll need to better on defense too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to watch the KC feed as well. Other than Tune they didn’t talk about the Cardinals at all. Trent Green was impressed with Tune and his mobility. They bitched about calls and I honestly believe Cardinals got screwed more than the Chiefs.

I saw a bunch of missed holding calls on the Cards just in the highlights

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was at the game and was shocked that they overturned it. Didn’t see any clear evidence when I rewatched it at home to say that it should be overturned.
I will say this. The revenue to the league from merchandise sales is huge. When I walk through our local stores KC gear is front and center. I have never seen this before. I would venture a guess the NFL wants excitement for the top merchandise sellers. Need I say more?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones, Gaines, then I guess Dailey.. that's eight considering the starters.. I wonder if we keep nine o-lineman? Maybe my homebody Hayes makes the roster then?
I’m thinking that our OL is now the strength of this team. It’s looking like 2023 will be a season where we will heavily lean on our OL and running game to keep us remotely competitive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Front 7 bad. Collins was terrible.

Simmons was terrible.

Mathew’s was terrible.

Ingram showed some fight.

Tune looks like he’s got the mentality and mental clock and good pocket awareness. But it won’t matter if he can’t get more accurate. Nice two minute drive.

Not a lot else to say of this game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he had two amazing WRs who bailed him out. Without those two we wouldn’t be talking about Terry:)

John Stallworth and Lynn Swan were amazing. Still, it took a quarterback to throw them the ball.

Terry Bradshaw had a rocket for an arm.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m thinking that our OL is now the strength of this team. It’s looking like 2023 will be a season where we will heavily lean on our OL and running game to keep us remotely competitive.
Until Murray returns. Then the offense will open up.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jones, Gaines, then I guess Dailey.. that's eight considering the starters.. I wonder if we keep nine o-lineman? Maybe my homebody Hayes makes the roster then?
By playing Hayes at both RG and LG, they must see something they like. And imo, the question is whether he's playing himself on or off the team. He is being given every chance to make the team.