Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 1-7-24

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really need Chicago to trade Fields to have a shot at MHJ.
That the trigger point in my opinion.

He's going into his 4th season at $6 million next year. The 5th year option is $25 million. They could decline it and take a gamble with him. If they trade him, do the trigger the 5th year or does that team trade for him in the final year of his deal? It might be hard to get value for him in that situation. I think they've seen enough growth to let him play next year and franchise him after if he gets to the next level. If not, he walks and they use draft capital to draft Shedeur Sanders.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what happened when Seattle had zero timeouts and they had a player injured on the field? It sounded like they were charged an extra timeout as a penalty? Is that a lost timeout if the game goes into OT or what? There should be something more substantial like a penalty called and some yardage or an automatic first down for the other team (us in this case).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what happened when Seattle had zero timeouts and they had a player injured on the field? It sounded like they were charged an extra timeout as a penalty? Is that a lost timeout if the game goes into OT or what? There should be something more substantial like a penalty called and some yardage or an automatic first down for the other team (us in this case).
I was wondering the same thing couldn’t really hear the stadium what they said

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
listening to the JG post game presser right now, a question was asked why so many opposing receivers are wide open at times. he said "when you're in zone coverage and the QB extends plays, that's what's going to happen" I'm wondering if this is a hint to his offseason goals in bringing in some legit pass rushers. hopefully so.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I know it was for the best that Prater missed those two kicks (the important part was the offense under Kyler putting together two, (what should have been) game clinching drives. But, it still really sucked to endure asshat Seattle fans acting like they won the Super Bowl.

My only big complaint was the defensive play calls at time, but especially on the two point conversion. That is a situation where I miss a guy like Bowles or even Buddy Ryan. BRING THE HOUSE! Blitz both A gaps and off both edges, and if he completes the pass, so what? Playing zone and trying to cover for 8 seconds isn't going to work. Try to TAKE the game, rather than hoping they choke it. Call "Jailbreak, meet at the QB!"

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well, I know it was for the best that Prater missed those two kicks (the important part was the offense under Kyler putting together two, what should have been, two game clinching. But, it still really sucked to endure asshat Seattle fans acting like they won the Super Bowl.

My only big complaint was the defensive play calls at time, but especially on the two point conversion. That is a situation where I miss a guy like Bowles or even Buddy Ryan. BRING THE HOUSE! Blitz both A gaps and off both edges, and if he completes the pass, so what? Playing zone and trying to cover for 8 seconds isn't going to work. Try to TAKE the game, rather than hoping they choke it. Call "Jailbreak, meet at the QB!"

Loved those B. Ryan all out blitzing teams. Every play looking like a jail break. Opposing O-lineman saucer-eyed and frothing at the mouth in fear. Good stuff! :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. They could trade out of the top 3 for a big haul and we could still have a chance. Our only shot is for QB’s to go 1-3
Again, not necessarily. There is a lot of time, and a lot of things can happen.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory?
Prader instructed to miss FG so Cards would not drop further in the next draft, should they would have won the game?

Doubtful....

Clean out the lockers

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Or get a package that's huge, which is kind of likely.
Maybe. The issue becomes is the value you receive from trading down with the Giants or Falcons or Broncos greater than the value of trading down 1 or 2 spots and getting MHJ? At some point, it stops being about future picks and starts being about players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Or get a package that's huge, which is kind of likely.
Is it? Doesn't it seem like the team most likely to make an unhinged offer for a QB prospect just did the deal with them last year?

What team feels like it's a quarterback away from the playoffs right now? Atlanta? Maybe Vegas?

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Is it? Doesn't it seem like the team most likely to make an unhinged offer for a QB prospect just did the deal with them last year?

What team feels like it's a quarterback away from the playoffs right now? Atlanta? Maybe Vegas?
Minny?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Those teams are drafting 11th and 12th overall, respectively. Hard to imagine them putting together a compelling trade package to get up to #1, especially when they can potentially get a good prospect like Penix or Bo Nix by standing pat.

I'm not sure Sean Payton is interested in working with a rookie QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Those teams are drafting 11th and 12th overall, respectively. Hard to imagine them putting together a compelling trade package to get up to #1, especially when they can potentially get a good prospect like Penix or Bo Nix by standing pat.

I'm not sure Sean Payton is interested in working with a rookie QB.
Haha you said Bo Nix.

I think Denver will be gun shy about trading a huge package of picks for QB prospects. Would Minnesota? Maybe. O'Connell might feel like his seat is going to get hot quickly if he doesn't make a major move.

Atlanta is a great spot to trade. They have enough pieces to have success immediately for a Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, or Jayden Daniels.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Haha you said Bo Nix.

I think Denver will be gun shy about trading a huge package of picks for QB prospects. Would Minnesota? Maybe. O'Connell might feel like his seat is going to get hot quickly if he doesn't make a major move.

Atlanta is a great spot to trade. They have enough pieces to have success immediately for a Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, or Jayden Daniels.
Atlanta is the most compelling answer. They ideally have all the other pieces in place pending their HC hire, including a craptastic division that would allow for immediate results.

If they can make that trade up to three and keep their second to use on the defense (similar comp for what the Cards ended up with moving from three to six last year), it would be a coup.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Atlanta is the most compelling answer. They ideally have all the other pieces in place pending their HC hire, including a craptastic division that would allow for immediate results.

If they can make that trade up to three and keep their second to use on the defense (similar comp for what the Cards ended up with moving from three to six last year), it would be a coup.
They could literally set the stage to dominate in the NFC South for the next several years if they traded up and got a CJ Stroud like performance from their young QB.

On a side note, maybe the Cardinals can scoop up Ryan Ramczyk in the Saints tear down that might be coming. I'd offer one of the third rounders for him, but the Saints will take a ghastly cap hit for trading him.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory?
Prader instructed to miss FG so Cards would not drop further in the next draft, should they would have won the game?

Doubtful....

Clean out the lockers
If Prater could miss that kick, barely, with intention to do so, he's better than I thought.
I'll admit when the kick went wide right I was disappointed, but come April it will be completely forgotten.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could literally set the stage to dominate in the NFC South for the next several years if they traded up and got a CJ Stroud like performance from their young QB.

On a side note, maybe the Cardinals can scoop up Ryan Ramczyk in the Saints tear down that might be coming. I'd offer one of the third rounders for him, but the Saints will take a ghastly cap hit for trading him.

Shoot - the Cards would have been in contention for the NFC South this year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson