Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 1-7-24

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
QB's could go 1-3. Bears or Trade, Pats, and Commanders or Trade. Then you have the usual suspects that could go #3... the #1 DT/Edge, the #1 LT, the #1 CB.

MHJ could be there for us at 4.
On top of this, you have that the Pats could part from Belichick and Rivera is expected to be gone from Commanders.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We’ll it’s a blessing we lost and it’s simultaneously disappointing that we lost.

I thought Kyler played well, especially considering the dropped passes and false starts that put them repeatedly in 3rd and long situations.

Hopefully the coaching staff learns from this one. As coach Herm would say, you play to win the game. I hated the conservative drive when we were trying to milk the clock with 7 minutes left when only up by a TD. There was zero effort to try and score a TD on that drive. Then on the final drive the only goal again was to get into FG range rather than the end zone.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wanted to see us win (hey, winning one divisional matchup this season would have been nice) and if you only looked at the stat. sheet you’d assume we’d have won easily. But…like many I’m happy for the better draft position and glad Prater didn’t have this bad day at a time when we’d need him (i.e., in a meaningful game), which I suspect we will in the very near future.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I hated the conservative drive when we were trying to milk the clock with 7 minutes left when only up by a TD. There was zero effort to try and score a TD on that drive. Then on the final drive the only goal again was to get into FG range rather than the end zone.
totally agree

i would add: the only goal at the end was to get to a long FG try. They got to the 30 and acted like it was the 10 yard line

coaches that settle for long FG tries get burned

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Excellent game by Kyler, really seems to be settling into the new offense. I expect a major leap next year from him especially with a little more talent around him. Numbers don't lie and Defenses had to respect his ability to pass and that's why our Run O was the best in the NFL since he came back from injury.

Like the way the ball is coming out of his hand the last two games. Accuracy is getting back to where it needs to be.

If he can start throwing the deep like he did in 20 and 21, the comeback will be complete. Need someone to catch the deep throws too. ;)

Here was his line from today:

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
22/302628.7101-2110.7

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This defense has 1 sack since November 26, and that was when Fields ran out of bounds behind the LOS. I can't remember a worse pass rushing Cardinal defense.
Ojulari needs to have a night and day turnaround, because he's fracking invisible and not very good right now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The reason they lost is that I wanted them to win. Now I am glad they didn't.

Also, why didn't they call roughing the passer or roughness on the hit on Kyler?
Yeah, awful no call, and then the refs not flagging Bush for unsportsmanlike for his idiocy. There's a reason that bum got run out of Pittsburgh on a rail.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like the way the ball is coming out of his hand the last two games. Accuracy is getting back to where it needs to be.

If he can start throwing the deep like he did in 20 and 21, the comeback will be complete. Need someone to catch the deep throws too. ;)

Here was his line from today:

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
22/302628.7101-2110.7
I think that one sack is when he ran out of bounds there towards the end? (We were at the 30, closing in for a winning field goal, I thought).