Grizzlies @ Suns Sunday game thread 1-7-2024

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I stopped watching at the end of the 3rd quarter.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
* Big Three all play at least 35 minutes each
* Nurkic goes for 18 and 19
* Only 12 turnovers
* Still lose at home to one of the worst teams in the league

Time to pull the plug. This team is going nowhere and it's only downhill from here.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe a lot will disagree and it’s a small sample size, but we appear to play better without Gordon. And we play better with Book and Beal while KD is out.

A KD for Pascal would be welcomed for me. We need a PF to tie the roster together.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To tie all my posts together tonight to create a coherent point:

The Suns have the two most accurate 3pt shooters in the NBA this season.

1. Kevin Durant - 47.7%
2. Grayson Allen - 47.3%

3pt attempts per game:
Kevin Durant - 4.6
Grayson Allen - 5.5

Grayson Allen is outside of the top 50 in 3pt attempts per game. Kevin Durant is outside of the top 100 in 3pt attempts per game.

There are 18 players in the NBA averaging more than 8 3pt attempts per game.

Suns as a team are 9th in the NBA in 3pt% and 25th in the NBA in 3pt attempts.

Is this smart offense?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8/28 from three isn't going to cut it. They desperately need someone other than Grayson to be a knocking down shots at even an average clip.

Eric Gordon was out and Damion Lee should be back but the Suns are not going to win anything counting on their offense to win games consistently.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Eric Gordon was out and Damion Lee should be back but the Suns are not going to win anything counting on their offense to win games consistently.
Perhaps, but I think it's going to be a taller task to get this team much better than where they are defensively. They're middle of the pack, which is higher than I expected tbh. Those missed 3s lead to a lot of long rebounds and secondary breaks for the other team, and it just kills our defense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s a baaaaaad loss.

Woof.

My poor brother is probably a bigger fan than me, I took him to this disaster tonight and the Boston game last year when we were down by 200 in the 3rd.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I think it's going to be a taller task to get this team much better than where they are defensively. They're middle of the pack, which is higher than I expected tbh. Those missed 3s lead to a lot of long rebounds and secondary breaks for the other team, and it just kills our defense.

The Suns are terrible on defense. I was responding to your post about the Suns shooting 8/28 from three.

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
While other team's long misses turn into second, third, and 4th opportunities to score.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team isn’t even close to contention. No depth, no defense, no leadership…horrendous in the clutch.

Dumping the coach is really the only thing they can try to fix it, but I think it’s a roster problem.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The offense is simply too simplistic, we depend on big-3 hitting hero shots too much. And defense, outside Okogie's court time our rotations are not good and gave up too many open shots. Nurk is too slow for JJJ who scored everytime in closing min., no proper double team, and Nurk pulled too late. Beal seems a step slow in this game.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This team can't stay focused - doesn't matter who's on the court it's the same story - doesn't matter who we're playing against - we'll look like a playoff team for a few minutes and then idk wtf it is but we'll just full on suck - we go ice cold - get out hustled - forget how to make simple passes - then we get into some muscle memory type mental mindset where we now expect to miss every shot and for everything to go wrong - 4th freakin quarters man that's when the disfunction really gets exposed

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This team isn’t even close to contention. No depth, no defense, no leadership…?horrendous in the clutch.

Dumping the coach is really the only thing they can try to fix it, but I think it’s a roster problem.

Vogel isn’t the right guy for this team but Kevin Young isn’t fixing anything. A first time HC won’t hold these guys accountable or instill any grit.

KD isn’t a leader. He wants to go thru the motions and just hoop. Booker isn’t a rah rah guy and I think is more of an isolated type player. Beal has only played in a handful of meaningful games. The KD trade haters were right it’s just a poorly constructed roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vogel isn’t the right guy for this team but Kevin Young isn’t fixing anything. A first time HC won’t hold these guys accountable or instill any grit.

KD isn’t a leader. He wants to go thru the motions and just hoop. Booker isn’t a rah rah guy and I think is more of an isolated type player. Beal has only played in a handful of meaningful games. The KD trade haters were right it’s just a poorly constructed roster.

Maybe in the next decade, the Suns figure it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel says Booker's ankle is fine, uncertain about the ribs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team doesn't have the athleticism to be great defensively. It's not putting up enough 3's to optimize offensive efficiency. Can't do much about the defense, but I'd like to see what the offense looks like under a D'antoni-esque coach.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
THEY LOST with the big 3?! Nah i cant tske this team seriously now

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson