Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 6-1-2021 - Game 5

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the Lakers starters, two were scoreless (KCP and Schroder), Morris only had 4 and Drummond 7 points.

Lebron (24) had no running mates.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I remember when Kuzma was a real gem. Laker fans were crowing when they kept him out of the AD trade. Now they hate him.

LeBron doesn't make his teammates better.

Kuzma, Harrell, and Morris are all trash now despite being contributors previously.

Kuzma was Tyler Herro before Herro was Herro.

LeBron cannot make these trash cans better. Pelinka is an awful GM.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same. Even though we’ve handled Portland this season, Dame is still terrifying. Murray-less Denver doesn’t scare me as much.

Although Denver might have the best all around player in the NBA in Nikola Jokic. He is phenomenal and carries that Nuggets team.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
What a game! Crowd was Nutz. Its been soo freakin long since i've seen that kind of energy in the arena.

I agree! ... Atmosphere and noise was thru the roof! I think the fact that its L.A. adds a little more.

It was especially awesome to have witnessed that Booker and Pain show in the 1st Half.

If we can shoot it like we did, no way we lose...even if AD comes back. Go Suns!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
True, but he could certainly come out with more energy and a more aggressive mindset in hopes that his teammates would follow suit.

Instead he came out being passive and happy to take threes instead of attacking the basket.

Booker on the other hand came out super aggressive and set the tone for all the other players and they all followed suit.

He tried it a couple times and we just had the paint all locked up. DA actually hit him on a drive and he didn’t get the call.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lakers starting guards scored zero points.

LeBron with a -24, worst on his team.

AD would have not made the difference in this game.

I would be curious to know how many games, let alone playoff games, that a starting backcourt didn’t score. I’m guessing close to zero.

Beating them by 30 absolutely killed the narrative that “they just needed AD”.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Idk who I prefer. Portland is atrocious defensively. Atrocious. They don’t even try.

I prefer Portland. Jokic could kill us if he gets DA in foul trouble. Denver is much better defensively. They have a better HCA.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love how it was a blowout and wasn't stressed out the whole game!

It was loud in the arena. Of course the LA fans where talking all kinds of crap until the 1st ended. That shut them up pretty quickly! :lmao:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. If Paul doesn’t go flying due to pain it’s likely not a foul.

Yep, shouldn't have even been a foul even with Paul going down. To me it looked like a perfect box out.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Only 4 turnovers by the team. This is by far the most encouraging stat on the night. The 3's are nice but limiting runouts by LA is huge.

Wow, awesome stat!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LBJ did sit the entire 4th, but we held the fort the last 7 minutes of the third.

I thought of how the Lakers clowned around when they got the big lead in game 3. I was very proud of our guys for not doing that. They just kept sticking the knife in deeper saving private Ryan style

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I fully expect us to score 110+ tomorrow. We need to play fast, and let Paul and Booker and Payne attack Gasol/Drummond/Harrell on pick and roll. We are due to make some open 3s. Mikal should have an easier time finding easy 2s without Davis out there.

Called it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Harrell has been completely ignored this series. Last year with the Clips, Harrell was fantastic in the regular season but completely MIA in the post season, so maybe too easy to scheme for? And Gasol is a better outside shooter and a little taller. That's all I can think of.
I'd love to pick him up in the offseason.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I thought of how the Lakers clowned around when they got the big lead in game 3. I was very proud of our guys for not doing that. They just kept sticking the knife in deeper saving private Ryan style
Good point. Monty Williams is a classy dude and so are our players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard