Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-6-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a seven game road grind, the Suns return home for two games.

They play the Bucks on Tuesday and the Jazz on Thursday.

Suns are now 29-21. They conclude their road trip with a 4-3 record.

The Bucks are 33-16 and finish a five game road trip at Phoenix. They play at Utah later on Sunday.

When: Tuesday, 2-6-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8:00 PM Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gooooo suns hopin for another good gm we shall see fingers and bong crossed

Want to see another good gm by beal!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is where the Suns are in the standings. It's a tough road to 4th place in the West.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant is going to have to guard Giannis. I honestly would start Okogie and put him on Dame

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
The Bucks fall to the Jazz tonight, 123-108.
Great. A pissed off Bucks team. Just what we needed. Super tough games coming up. Hope we can channel Beal of yesterday.

It’s really nice having Bol Bol back. Changes the whole defensive look. And the added bonus is that he is a good shooter. I think a great coach would see all of Bol Bol’s potential. Sadly, I’m not sure we will see that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great. A pissed off Bucks team. Just what we needed. Super tough games coming up. Hope we can channel Beal of yesterday.

It’s really nice having Bol Bol back. Changes the whole defensive look. And the added bonus is that he is a good shooter. I think a great coach would see all of Bol Bol’s potential. Sadly, I’m not sure we will see that.

I think the Bucks were missing Khris Middleton and Brook Lopez. We will find out their status when the injury report comes out later today.

Bol Bol is a welcome addition because he gives the Suns a different look at FC. The fact that Vogel is willing to play him (when healthy) is a good indicator that the Suns will use him at least in a specialty role.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bucks were missing Khris Middleton and Brook Lopez. We will find out their status when the injury report comes out later today.

Bol Bol is a welcome addition because he gives the Suns a different look at FC. The fact that Vogel is willing to play him (when healthy) is a good indicator that the Suns will use him at least in a specialty role.
Not that Bol Bol is going to light it up but he has shows flashes after being basically a useless acquisition to start the season. If we can make a small move, Okogie and Bol Bol start being more consistent, we might be OK. I know that's a big IF but it's something.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that Bol Bol is going to light it up but he has shows flashes after being basically a useless acquisition to start the season. If we can make a small move, Okogie and Bol Bol start being more consistent, we might be OK. I know that's a big IF but it's something.

I think the Suns need a defensive FC or a bigger wing that can play defense. If the Suns could get a backup point guard thrown into a trade, so much the better.

The addition of any rotation player would strengthen the team, as the bench has been a weakness.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think the Suns need a defensive FC or a bigger wing that can play defense. If the Suns could get a backup point guard thrown into a trade, so much the better.

The addition of any rotation player would strengthen the team, as the bench has been a weakness.
I don't disagree with any of this, but given our assets, I don't think it's realistic Phoenix gets multiple rotation upgrades. One would be great, any more would be a borderline miracle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with any of this, but given our assets, I don't think it's realistic Phoenix gets multiple rotation upgrades. One would be great, any more would be a borderline miracle.

The Suns will have to be creative. They have a couple of trade exceptions (Payne, Saric) to work with as well.

I'm looking for at least one rotation player.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
That's a pretty great defensive lineup when you add Nurk & KD.
Is it my imagination or is Okogie hitting some shots?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damion Lee is the only player listed on the Suns injury report.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Bucks injury report.

Damian Lillard and Brook Lopez are questionable.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they play because it's the Suns. Seems like everybody is gunning for us. I want to see teams at full strength.
I think that point is lost on some, the media everyone makes such a big deal about our big 3. So basically we are getting everyone’s best shot every night, teams are letting threes rain down and just attacking us relentlessly as they have nothing to lose. I mean it’s a good thing as it will force us to get it together to compete and grow and get better.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
I think that point is lost on some, the media everyone makes such a big deal about our big 3. So basically we are getting everyone’s best shot every night, teams are letting threes rain down and just attacking us relentlessly as they have nothing to lose. I mean it’s a good thing as it will force us to get it together to compete and grow and get better.
so true.
I mean, when Trae Young is swishing 3s from 5 feet behind the 3 point line one after the other, things are definitely getting crazy.
When did he turn into Curry? And why can't we burn the height-challenged Trae on the other end of the court?

The way you beat Suns is to drive to the hoop, rebound well and hit your 3s at some ungodly rate.
That's why it's so nice to get Bol Bol back. Now you can play straight up defense and hopefully cover outside shots better.
I hope we don't give up Bol Bol or Okogie in a trade unless we get a clear cut win in the trade. A trade that does not result in us losing the new player over the Summer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this point is beyond overblown by others here. Players get up their best to beat the best. That ain’t us and there’s any number of teams with multiple major stars on them that are ALSO title contenders that teams are getting “their best” up for.

It ain’t a 6 seed who’s been a joke for portions of the season.

The reason teams bomb away from 3 against us is most of the season we’ve been terrible on defense on the perimeter, giving up wide open 3s.