Suns @ Lakers Tuesday game thread, 12-5-2023 - West Quarterfinal, In-Season Tournament

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh tad disapointing loss .....

Hate losing to la sigh

Hope suns get revenge in poffs with beal back

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It would at least be nice to see the NBA hold their mother bleeping refs accountable when they make such blatant and egregious "mistakes." At a minimum, fine them or suspend them. I personally think stuff like this should be grounds for losing their jobs. I can't fathom any reason why NBA refs are above some minimal level of responsibility for incompetency (unless, it's by design, of course).

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Those weren't mistakes - mistakes happen - mistakes are part of the game - we are all familiar with mistakes

Those weren't bad calls either

They were game defining calls - Laker benefiting calls - plain as day

I can totally see this game being featured on ESPN's E:60 someday - because something wasn't right tonight - and it wasn't just the last few minutes - it was consistent and methodical throughout and from the start

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So...

Take this statement on the cards board and a game thread and see how it flies. Even if we are all wrong coming in here and calling everyone on this board out on a game thread as whiners is out of line.

Now that just basic decorum is out of the way...

You can't even admit that a game tying incorrect call is pivotal. Why. Why can't you just admit it?
I literally said that the timeout seemed to be pivotal. In the post you quoted. Literally said it.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Is it me or does Booker struggle in big games. The below stats are prior to last nights game.

Booker 14.0 points 5.0 assists 2.3 rebounds in 3 elimination games.

Lebron 33.7 points 10.7 rebounds 7.5 assists in 26 elimination games

I know the officiating was crap but the team looked horrible.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team freaking pisses me off to no end.
I'm right there with you.

I am still absolutely fuming. Turnovers, giving up offensive rebounds, stupid offense.

I cannot call any team that loses to the Lakers 3 straight times good. They are playing stupid and they are not good. That is absolutely inexcusable with two top 10 players.

This season is quickly beginning to circle the drain.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does Booker struggle in big games. The below stats are prior to last nights game.

Booker 14.0 points 5.0 assists 2.3 rebounds in 3 elimination games.

Lebron 33.7 points 10.7 rebounds 7.5 assists in 26 elimination games

I know the officiating was crap but the team looked horrible.

Booker’s elimination game play has definitely been rough.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker’s elimination game play has definitely been rough.
I think Booker struggles in games where he gets abused physically. Both Book and KD had 5 fouls and in danger of getting kicked out. Lakers smacking on them all freaking night long it wasn’t a bad call that lost this game! It was a collective effort to absolutely let the Lakers do whatever they wanted ALL NIGHT and not get penalized for it! Book getting hit in head multiple times not even reviewed lol, they should put an extensive tape together and turn into the league entitled “HOW TO MAKE YOUR LEAGUE A JOKE”

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As aggressive as the Lakers hacked all night only LBJ and reddish had more than 2 fouls lol total freaking joke! Reaves runs around slapping everything but yeah he’s not fouling total disgrace this game was! Yes we turned the ball over but some of that was all the freaking slapping and fouling going on and frustrating events not being called!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's bullsheet. The ball was clearly rolling across the floor when James signaled for the TO. The NBA is a joke.

I guess I missed the rule change when the player involved need not call the timeout. Of course, Lebron called it.

Justification for the call can always be found later.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The NBA can neither acknowledge nor admit the refs purposefully and intentionally decided the outcome of last night's game - especially if the NBA was in on it

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Playing the Lakers..... the refs screwed the suns in as many was as possible???? #DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA can neither acknowledge nor admit the refs purposefully and intentionally decided the outcome of last night's game - especially if the NBA was in on it
I think we got hosed pretty much all night. The refs allowed the Lakers to routinely beat us up while calling lesser contact against our guys. But we play soft and every now and then you run into refs who call the game 80's style which plays right into the Lakers. And that's all that happened IMO. I don't believe for a second there was a conspiracy to keep us out or a conspiracy to put the Lakers in.

Honestly I didn't think it was much different from the reffing we typically see when we face Lebron at his place and we had more than enough chances to overcome the referee style. And if we get everyone healthy and start thinking about winning it all, we're going to face that same situation many times.