Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread 1-11-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix has two more games remaining on their three game road trip

They play at the Lakers on Thursday and Portland on Sunday.

The Suns are now 19-18 after losing to the Clippers 138-111.

Lakers are 18-19 and play the Raptors at home on Tuesday. The Lakers recently beat the Clippers.

When: Thursday, 1-11-2024

Television: TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8:00 PM Arizona time

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eventually they have to be embarrassed and actually show out right? Thought Miami game might have gotten their head straight a little then boom just sucked against Griz. The Clippers are just flat out hot and better than us right now but tonight was a joke… they literally quit and you could see it just didn’t give two *****!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eventually they have to be embarrassed and actually show out right? Thought Miami game might have gotten their head straight a little then boom just sucked against Griz. The Clippers are just flat out hot and better than us right now but tonight was a joke… they literally quit and you could see it just didn’t give two *****!

How many more time do they need to be embarrassed? I can count a half dozen times, easily, without issue. San Antonio twice, Washington, Portland, steamrolled by the Knicks, and Christmas day vs Dallas. But this next time will bring change, maybe? Come on. This team is a joke. It's not a contender, it's a failed experiment. It's a worse version of the Super Lakers with Nash, Kobe, Dwight, and Pau or the Nets with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Garnett, and Brook Lopez. It's a very expensive disaster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many more time do they need to be embarrassed? I can count a half dozen times, easily, without issue. San Antonio twice, Washington, Portland, steamrolled by the Knicks, and Christmas day vs Dallas. But this next time will bring change, maybe? Come on. This team is a joke. It's not a contender, it's a failed experiment. It's a worse version of the Super Lakers with Nash, Kobe, Dwight, and Pau or the Nets with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Garnett, and Brook Lopez. It's a very expensive disaster.

Maybe it's time for fans to realize this team is not very good as constructed. Worse yet, the Suns have few assets to reconstruct the roster without blowing it up.

I'd try a coaching change first and see if that could be part of the problem. Also, the GM needs to go. It all starts there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it's time for fans to realize this team is not very good as constructed. Worse yet, the Suns have few assets to reconstruct the roster without blowing it up.

I'd try a coaching change first and see if that could be part of the problem. Also, the GM needs to go. It all starts there.

Vogel should be canned and JJ given clear instructions of fix this or you're out at the end of the season. A title saves him, which won't happen, so he can pack his bags at years end. There's no need to replace a GM midseason unless his successor is ready in house and I dont think that's the case. He shouldn't be allowed to make an decisions beyond this season though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vogel should be canned and JJ given clear instructions of fix this or you're out at the end of the season. A title saves him, which won't happen, so he can pack his bags at years end. There's no need to replace a GM midseason unless his successor is ready in house and I dont think that's the case. He shouldn't be allowed to make an decisions beyond this season though.

I agree. Frank Vogel needs to go, but I don't want James Jones making any more big decisions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing we aren't in position to make big moves, right? Oh lord, this season sucks.

I wonder what Durant's trade value is now? The Suns FO just had to have him at the trade deadline.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

How much responsibility do we think JJ actually has within this franchise? He’s a respected ex-player that helps image wise but Josh Bartlestein probably has more of Ishbia’s ear than JJ. He seems like the perfect GM for an owner who wants to make the moves himself without any pushback. I don’t think Jones speaks publicly anymore.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How much responsibility do we think JJ actually has within this franchise? He’s a respected ex-player that helps image wise but Josh Bartlestein probably has more of Ishbia’s ear than JJ. He seems like the perfect GM for an owner who wants to make the moves himself without any pushback. I don’t think Jones speaks publicly anymore.
This is all purely speculation. Don't we have enough wrong with us that we don't have to throw out conspiracy theories?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Frank Vogel needs to go, but I don't want James Jones making any more big decisions.
So, I am assuming you want to move on from JJ as well? His job literally is to make big decisions. You just don't want him making any more if he is possibly on the way out correct?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The deficiencies on the roster under JJ have been consistent throughout his tenure. No starting PG and no PF's to start, come off the bench, or cheerlead. He's regularly undersold our assets and disregards the draft as a means to build a team. He was saved by CP3 wanting to come here. This team has the same problems post CP3 as it did pre-CP3 so I'm not sure who to blame for that other than the GM.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The deficiencies on the roster under JJ have been consistent throughout his tenure. No starting PG and no PF's to start, come off the bench, or cheerlead. He's regularly undersold our assets and disregards the draft as a means to build a team. He was saved by CP3 wanting to come here. This team has the same problems post CP3 as it did pre-CP3 so I'm not sure who to blame for that other than the GM.

I believe he was a legitimate GM during Sarver’s tenure but he loved Cam Payne and would never have chosen Bol over him. He loved Mikal and Cam and wouldn’t have made that trade had he full autonomy. Things significantly changed when Ishbia took over IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I am assuming you want to move on from JJ as well? His job literally is to make big decisions. You just don't want him making any more if he is possibly on the way out correct?

The wheels started to wobble after the 2020 draft and came off with the Durant trade.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheels started to wobble after the 2020 draft and came off with the Durant trade.
Not sure I am there yet but I might be by the end of the season with JJ. However, Ishbia doesn't seem like a patient guy so it might be his last season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he was a legitimate GM during Sarver’s tenure but he loved Cam Payne and would never have chosen Bol over him. He loved Mikal and Cam and wouldn’t have made that trade had he full autonomy. Things significantly changed when Ishbia took over IMO.

We need Toto to pull back the curtain.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe so too, I think he wanted to turn us around steadily, but the finals year accelerated everything. It was such a quick turnaround. After the finals, moves were under a microscope, and i think he had a solid level field of players and assets. Enter Ishbia, blows the whole thing up and now we are stuck with this mess of no assets and a bad roster. The players and coaches are just a mix/mash of different entities with no cohesion.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welpers not expectin w vs dreaded james lakers prob a bout l...

Ill be holding my breath for a good gm just gettin frusturated with this team inj awful loses etc

Always a fan though go suns....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bit out there, but coaches have been traded. Maybe this is something that should be considered.

Frank Vogel for Steve Kerr or Monty Williams anyone?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I think Ishbia is more responsible for the KD trade than Jones. I mean it's pretty obvious. Rumored all season long and then it happens hours after Ishbia takes over. But still, not taking Haliburton is probably on Jones. Jones has done good and bad. If we were to let him go, I'd just really hope whoever we get is better because it could be worse.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson