Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread 1-11-2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally a well played game and entertaining to watch.

Bol did well, blocked a few shots. He's coming along,,,,just need him to JUMP to get more blocks. They should make him

use a trampoline in practice hours to get him use to springer UP off of his feet. I'd like to see him get 20 minute per game.

Why jump if you don't have to? ;)

I'm glad not to see Bol Bol bite on all those pump fakes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mad respect for Lebron as a person and a basketball player (other than the incessant whining). But Jordan still #1.
Hands down Jordan is still #1. I didn't hate Lebron like I did Jordan either while they played. I hated Jordan. Maybe it's because I am older but I was able to appreciate Lebron more in real time.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
What Lebron is doing at his age is truly special. I agree, appreciate him whie he's around, there will never be a player like him ever again.

On the W, great win. But how many times are we going to get that sort of shooting from Beal and Book in the same game?

I do like the increased 3 pointers, this is important. We are 7th in the leage in true shooting percentage. If we take good shots and don't turn the ball over too much, we can be a quality team on offense. We're only 26th in the league on 3 point attempts, but 11th on percentage. If we can step up and take more three pointers (good looks, not heat checks with all the star power we have) our offense will only improve as a team.

I like our team much more when we have some length/athleticism with Bol, Okogie in the rotation. The big question is are those guys going to contribute to be worthy of top 8 minutes.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
He's also 10x the person that Jordan is, yet King Jordan is beyond reproach to many hoops fans.
You mean the only player ever that was sooooooo good he retired - because nobody could touch him - then came back and whooped everyone's ass again just because he could? with a Scotty Pippen and a bunch of average players playing out of their minds because Jordan commanded them to? Are we talking about the same Michael Jordan? Has LeBron ever banished another hof player from his team just to prove he could do it on his own? Like Kobe did?

LeBron is a Magic Johnson 3.0

But he aint no Jordan or Kobe

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the only player ever that was sooooooo good he retired - because nobody could touch him - then came back and whooped everyone's ass again just because he could? with a Scotty Pippen and a bunch of average players playing out of their minds because Jordan commanded them to? Are we talking about the same Michael Jordan? Has LeBron ever banished another hof player from his team just to prove he could do it on his own? Like Kobe did?

I don't put Kobe anywhere near Jordan. To me, the GOAT argument is between MJ, Lebron, Wilt and Kareem (and probably in that order). The next group consists of Hakeem, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Magic Johnson, Bill Russell and Oscar Robertson followed by a group headed by Larry Bird and Kobe. Bird and Magic both enter the GOAT argument had it not been for HIV and a bad back.

The GOAT argument is one that really needs some definition before it can take shape. Are we talking greatest career, are we talking greatest when at his peak, or are we talking about most successful or do we consider all three? I lean towards the last version which makes it a tough call between Michael and Lebron. Lebron has had the greatest career, Wilt was the single greatest player when at his best, Bill Russell was the greatest winner but MJ comes in near the top on all of them and narrowly edges out Lebron.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Ha, ok.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously I'm not a Lakers fan but I have prime time Kareem and Magic near the top.

Sadly, Magic's career was cut short.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I grew up a MJ fan. For me he is the goat.

Due to the location of where I grew up in az our cable provider had WGN. I’m not sure of everyone had this. But I watched a lot of bulls games growing up in the 80’s and 90’s.

I cannot stand Lebron. I watch his antics, crying, flopping, and I think to myself MJ would never have done that. He would have flushed that and got back on defense for the next play.

And I don’t like his player politics, he meddles with people’s lives and careers too much. And I don’t enjoy the self promotion. Lately I’ve been annoyed on him promoting Bronny. It’s things like that which in addition to the on court stuff that I don’t enjoy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't put Kobe anywhere near Jordan. To me, the GOAT argument is between MJ, Lebron, Wilt and Kareem (and probably in that order). The next group consists of Hakeem, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Magic Johnson, Bill Russell and Oscar Robertson followed by a group headed by Larry Bird and Kobe. Bird and Magic both enter the GOAT argument had it not been for HIV and a bad back.

The GOAT argument is one that really needs some definition before it can take shape. Are we talking greatest career, are we talking greatest when at his peak, or are we talking about most successful or do we consider all three? I lean towards the last version which makes it a tough call between Michael and Lebron. Lebron has had the greatest career, Wilt was the single greatest player when at his best, Bill Russell was the greatest winner but MJ comes in near the top on all of them and narrowly edges out Lebron.

Bird and Magic had the greatest basketball rivalry of all time, arguably in all sports. I wouldn't say professional since they went at it in college also. Really makes you wonder, in good health, who would have been better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He certainly wasn't elite on defense with the Wiz, but he was a plus defender still. Also, in his first year with the Wizards he took what was the worst defense in the league the year prior to playing top 10 defense prior to his knee injury right before the all star break.
Lebron has a lot more mileage on him than Jordan did, more than 14,000 extra minutes. To put that in perspective, the difference alone is more total minutes than Kobe played in his first 6 seasons combined.

Lebron definitely mails it in on defense most of the time. He still excels when he wants to but he puts most of his effort into offense but even there, he coasts at times.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lebron has a lot more mileage on him than Jordan did, more than 14,000 extra minutes. To put that in perspective, the difference alone is more total minutes than Kobe played in his first 6 seasons combined.

Lebron definitely mails it in on defense most of the time. He still excels when he wants to but he puts most of his effort into offense but even there, he coasts at times.
Regardless of mileage MJ was playing on two bad knees with the Wiz and still played good defense while carrying a huge load on offense. LeBron has been spending time off on defense for a long time, not just in his late 30s.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson