Suns @ Lakers Thursday game thread 1-11-2024

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see Beal go off. Hopefully this will build some momentum, but I really don't know what to expect any more. I wouldn't die from shock if they go back to laying an egg the next game.

That's exactly where I am. I'm not optimistic but less pessimistic than I was. This team is so bi-polar. I'd like to be hopeful but I'm not and won't be until we see them play like that for a few weeks and maintain that level of play against true contenders.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, but since he has absolutely no idea what's going on in the NBA, it doesn't mean anything.

It wasn't Reggie, or at least wasn't just Reggie. Chris Haynes started it when he was on talking about what the Lakers and Suns were looking to do around the trade deadline.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but since he has absolutely no idea what's going on in the NBA, it doesn't mean anything.
I don't think that was the case here. He indicated this was coming from inside the organization and others have said the same thing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that was the case here. He indicated this was coming from inside the organization and others have said the same thing.
Plus it makes a lot of sense. We need a starring caliber PG but there's no way to get one. And we already have two combo guards that can cover that position decently as long as they are both healthy. But I don't know how they plan on landing a two way wing that's better than the pretend "wings" we've been using.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus it makes a lot of sense. We need a starring caliber PG but there's no way to get one. And we already have two combo guards that can cover that position decently as long as they are both healthy. But I don't know how they plan on landing a two way wing that's better than the pretend "wings" we've been using.
Not unless they are willing to move someone like Allen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not unless they are willing to move someone like Allen.
I think they would be for a good 2 way wing but I don't think we'll find one for that price. What we'll get is another Okogie or Allen, a player that can cover that position on offense or defense but not both. So I think we're better off keeping our guys and signing the best available backup PG we can find, one that will likely only see the court in garbage time or as an injury fill-in.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think they would be for a good 2 way wing but I don't think we'll find one for that price. What we'll get is another Okogie or Allen, a player that can cover that position on offense or defense but not both. So I think we're better off keeping our guys and signing the best available backup PG we can find, one that will likely only see the court in garbage time or as an injury fill-in.
I think what we'll get is someone who exactly duplicates Watanabe - no defense, no rebounding, and occasionally but not consistently hits a few shots in a row.

I bet James Jones already has his eye on someone like that on the end of the Wizards/Hornets/Jazz bench that he can trade Bol plus a future second round pick for.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what we'll get is someone who exactly duplicates Watanabe - no defense, no rebounding, and occasionally but not consistently hits a few shots in a row.

I bet James Jones already has his eye on someone like that on the end of the Wizards/Hornets/Jazz bench that he can trade Bol plus a future second round pick for.

Yuta Watanabe, and KBD have been huge disappointments.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yuta last night in garbage time…ugh. Just shoot the ball man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd settle for a competent backup point guard. I'm not sure why Theo Maledon doesn't get a look, not that I expect him to be the answer.

Jordan Goodwin has disappointed and Saban Lee is not ready to play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Yuta has entered the realm of "unplayable". Even garbage time seems to be too much to ask of him. Damn, a random fan would be less disappointing.

The Suns may have overestimated Yuta based on his play last season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score