Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-6-2024

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expecting a 30 point lead against any team outside of the bottom 5 (which Washington is) is HIGHLY unrealistic, missing players or no. Because that is literally the only way that our starters would have rested in the 4th.

The bucks went nearly 3 minutes in the 4th and scored a total of 3 points and we couldn't put them away. That's how the starters get rest.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody's crowing, but if only 1 game separates us in June from the 3 and 4 seed, for example, we're going to be thankful for this win. To me, that's a good outcome.

For sure we will need every win we can get to try to get home court.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The bucks went nearly 3 minutes in the 4th and scored a total of 3 points and we couldn't put them away. That's how the starters get rest.
Trying to figure out your logic. The Bucks go nearly scoreless in 3 minutes, and you're saying that would have been a good time to rest the starters? Did it occur to you that the reason the Bucks scored that few points is mostly because the starters were in? And 3 minutes is nothing, barely enough to consider "rest". Especially since Book was out for the first several minutes of the 4th quarter.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Trying to figure out your logic. The Bucks go nearly scoreless in 3 minutes, and you're saying that would have been a good time to rest the starters? Did it occur to you that the reason the Bucks scored that few points is mostly because the starters were in? And 3 minutes is nothing, barely enough to consider "rest". Especially since Book was out for the first several minutes of the 4th quarter.
I think he's saying that if the Suns could have ran the score up during that 3 minute drought for Milwaukee that it might have turned into a blowout situation where Doc waives the white flag with bench guys, allowing Phoenix to pull the starters to get some rest.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not why - if you notice even at the very end of the game with a minute left they didn't get in. Bol and Okogie still played.

Very likely means they are getting traded.

I don’t think the health of those guys would have any impact on the potential inclusion in a trade. They are salary fodder, no one is nabbing them because they think it’s an improvement.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No I am saying that when an opponent goes scoreless for 1/4 of a quarter, that is when you build a lead and step on them. Booker played during that stretch.

We just kind of hung down there with them and that is why the starters had to play all game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying that if the Suns could have ran the score up during that 3 minute drought for Milwaukee that it might have turned into a blowout situation where Doc waives the white flag with bench guys, allowing Phoenix to pull the starters to get some rest.

Precisely

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out your logic. The Bucks go nearly scoreless in 3 minutes, and you're saying that would have been a good time to rest the starters?

Did it occur to you that the reason the Bucks scored that few points is mostly because the starters were in? And 3 minutes is nothing, barely enough to consider "rest". Especially since Book was out for the first several minutes of the 4th quarter.

Chap, I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. He’s saying when the Bucks didn’t score for three minutes, we should have been able to blow them off the floor at that moment, which would have ended the game
and allowed our starters to then get more rest.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No I am saying that when an opponent goes scoreless for 1/4 of a quarter, that is when you build a lead and step on them. Booker played during that stretch.

We just kind of hung down there with them and that is why the starters had to play all game.
I don't know, you're putting your whole argument on 3 minutes. Sure it would have been great to put a 10 point cushion on them during that time (or any time actually), but NBA games are fluid and it isn't that simple. Considering heaters, foul trouble, stoppages in play for reveiws/challenges/free throws. Also consider Vogel's coaching in the 4th quarter, which leaves a LOT to desire.

I'll take the W, and look at figuring out the free throw and turnover problem a lot more than the put your foot down on them problem. We figure out the free throw and turnover problems (and rebounding), and you'd likely have gotten your wish.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not putting my whole argument on three minutes. I was explaining an opportunity that great teams should exploit and that stretch was one of the ones that stood out. The others:

Down 2 starters at the start of the game.
Lose their second best player in the 1st
Best player in foul trouble
They shoot poorly (43.3%/32.5%/60%) 60% FT is kind of funny.

Decent teams get the win we got last night so we are certainly decent. I hope there is something coming at the trade deadline because we are a long way from elite.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doc wasn’t waving a flag period, poo he kept his starters in at the end even when the Suns cleared the bench still trying to score! Game wasn’t as close as they made it look with a couple of late scores!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not putting my whole argument on three minutes. I was explaining an opportunity that great teams should exploit and that stretch was one of the ones that stood out. The others:

Down 2 starters at the start of the game.
Lose their second best player in the 1st
Best player in foul trouble
They shoot poorly (43.3%/32.5%/60%) 60% FT is kind of funny.

Decent teams get the win we got last night so we are certainly decent. I hope there is something coming at the trade deadline because we are a long way from elite.
They shot the 3 well or they not even in the game, and then of course the BS Giannis free throw parade as usual on some very questionable calls late! And no one can gaurantee the starters would have shot better than their reserves knocking down threes…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will find it funny if the Bucks just implode under Doc Rivers when they were 33-10 under Griffin
I think it’s becoming pretty clear that Doc’s day as an elite coach has come and gone. That said, everyone buried the Clips when they lost like their first 6 in a row once they got Harden and maybe it’s just a rough adjustment period for Doc and the Bucks.

But I lean to him not moving the needle for them, if anything.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They shot the 3 well or they not even in the game, and then of course the BS Giannis free throw parade as usual on some very questionable calls late! And no one can gaurantee the starters would have shot better than their reserves knocking down threes…

32% is not shooting well from 3.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks shoot 37.7% from 3 on average. 32.5% would represent the 24th best three point shooting team in the league.

Fun stat the Lakers are shooting 30% from 3. That incredibly awful in modern basketball.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
32% is not shooting well from 3.
Maybe not well but their role players knocked down 11 threes, our whole team, stars included only hit 8 which a few of them were late in the game. I meant more to say without them hitting 13 threes they not even in this game. And Giannis and his FT parade of course…

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe not well but their role players knocked down 11 threes, our whole team, stars included only hit 8 which a few of them were late in the game. I meant more to say without them hitting 13 threes they not even in this game. And Giannis and his FT parade of course…

Giannis barely shot over 50% from the FT line, only making 7 of 13. Your reasoning doesn't match reality. Next are you going to say something about how Dame was scoring at will or we couldn't guard Brook Lopez?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was hanging 50 points on us when we lost in the Finals.....

It's hard to see better one-on-one defense than Durant played on Giannis.

I did like the double and triple teams the Suns used on Giannis early.

However, I'm not sure if the Suns could have done it the whole game without getting Nurkic and others in foul trouble.