Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-6-2024

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis could have easily fouled out earlier in the game if officiated correctly. The amount of no calls while on defense and the amount of calls he gets while on offense is just stupid.

End of rant.

A win is a win. Bucks are deep, even with Dame and Middleton out. I still feel Crowder is useless and it was a mistake to get rid of Payne. Even with reserves the Bucks are tough. It would have been a blowout if we actually made some free throws and 3pts.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis could have easily fouled out earlier in the game if officiated correctly. The amount of no calls while on defense and the amount of calls he gets while on offense is just stupid.

End of rant.

A win is a win. Bucks are deep, even with Dame and Middleton out. I still feel Crowder is useless and it was a mistake to get rid of Payne. Even with reserves the Bucks are tough. It would have been a blowout if we actually made some free throws and 3pts.
Exactly we shot like hell from 3 and still put up 66 in the second half and beat a team that usually has our number. We have the toughest schedule left of anyone and we lost plenty of games with our guys out that’s life in the NBA! Good win no matter how you look at it, and as someone else said if Giannis is officiated correctly he’s out of the game and it’s a blowout! Instead he gets walked to the line all night on the tickiest tack touches! While KD gets smacked around and raked across the face with NO calls lol joke!

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Funny how every team has a x Suns player on it. Last two years this roster has changed more then ever. I don’t like Crowder, Payne was popcorn and pain

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Giannis alone makes a team competitive. Each night will give you a chance to win. I don't think this is some crap team without Dame.

Fact is though, we're not on the level of the Clippers, Nuggets. I don't see how with our current team, we beat those 2 teams without home court in a playoff setting.

We've definitely steadied into a top 5 offense, top 15 defense type of team with KD/Beal/Booker. If you look at the numbers since Beal came back 6 weeks ago:

#3 in league wins in that period (15)
#4 in the league on offense
#11 in the league on defense

However I don't think we have enough depth and defense to win a title. Those defensive numbers really suprise me. Frank Vogel has gotten a group of pretty mediocre defenders to play effective defense. Our offense is on par with the elite.

Unfortunately this was what we all anticipated. What we also knew is that we don't have enough depth. Each game, we're having to play 2 or 3 players in a 9 man rotation that I feel won't be in the NBA in a year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis alone makes a team competitive. Each night will give you a chance to win. I don't think this is some crap team without Dame.

He's ridiculous, probably the most physically dominant player since Shaq. If he gets any momentum going towards the basket it is either a basket or a foul 90% of the time. He is also a monster on defense. Thank god he is a horrible outside shooter and really inconsistent from the line or he'd be flawless.

The best way to defend him away from the hoop is simply to back away and leave him wide open... which we did a lot.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been mad about this for weeks. A near fully healthy team and an 8 man rotation in February is nonsense.

I will dance when Vogel is fired.
That's not why - if you notice even at the very end of the game with a minute left they didn't get in. Bol and Okogie still played.

Very likely means they are getting traded.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Very happy for the win. 4th qtr effort was there. GA is amazing in 4th.but….please, in future 4th quarters:

-Book, please don’t attempt any 3s. You are too tired to make them. drive, draw contact. Take middies
-Anyone driving in the paint within 6 feet of basket. Just shoot,
dont try a difficult pass to perimeter
-KD, keep doing what you are doing, your shot is gold, but no more stupid TO’s.
-Beal, keep driving to hoop.
-Make your damn free throws

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very happy for the win. 4th qtr effort was there. GA is amazing in 4th.but….please, in future 4th quarters:

-Book, please don’t attempt any 3s. You are too tired to make them. drive, draw contact. Take middies
Solid recommendations…

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This has been pretty frustrating at times, and not only this game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not why - if you notice even at the very end of the game with a minute left they didn't get in. Bol and Okogie still played.

Very likely means they are getting traded.
Maybe. This could also mean that they have fallen out of the rotation based on how they are performing. Bol Bol is playing better than both. Okogie seems to be the hot name included in trade talk and he played.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And add Josh O with only 4 minutes... Keeping them injury free before the trading time?

It's hard to say, but I think the Suns will make at least one move before it's said and done.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He's ridiculous, probably the most physically dominant player since Shaq. If he gets any momentum going towards the basket it is either a basket or a foul 90% of the time. He is also a monster on defense. Thank god he is a horrible outside shooter and really inconsistent from the line or he'd be flawless.

The best way to defend him away from the hoop is simply to back away and leave him wide open... which we did a lot.
Of course that strategy does allow him to get momentum going towards the rim. I'd be curious to see how effective his style of play would have been in like the 90s with far less spacing. He is nearly unstoppable with the current spacing in the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were doing a good job of double and triple teaming Giannis when he took the ball down low, then suddenly they went away from this strategy.

Once Giannis gets a run at the basket, he is almost impossible to stop unless there is a wall between the basket.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kevin Durant is highly supportive of Bol Bol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
When Bol Bol came to help KD on defense last night he stayed big - hands up 10 feet in the air preventing the pass to his previous assignment - KD forced the turn around shot and Bol Bol was right freakin there man - he's a lot quicker than Nurk and a lot bigger than Eubanks - like I said last night - I'm a Boliever

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So winning by 8 against a team missing 3 starters and pissing away a big lead in the 4th is a good outcome?
Yes. It's a W.

Stuff to work on? Yes. But you can't tell me with a straight face a win against the Milwaukee Bucks, who are a good team regardless of who isn't playing, isn't a good outcome.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At home against a team missing 3 starters, I would expect our starters to rest late in the 4th
Expecting a 30 point lead against any team outside of the bottom 5 (which Washington is) is HIGHLY unrealistic, missing players or no. Because that is literally the only way that our starters would have rested in the 4th.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course that strategy does allow him to get momentum going towards the rim. I'd be curious to see how effective his style of play would have been in like the 90s with far less spacing. He is nearly unstoppable with the current spacing in the NBA.
The pistons would have beaten the living crap outta him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. It's a W.

Stuff to work on? Yes. But you can't tell me with a straight face a win against the Milwaukee Bucks, who are a good team regardless of who isn't playing, isn't a good outcome.
Good outcome, of course. But missing dame, brook, and middleton for most of the game - it’s a game we should win handily.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good outcome, of course. But missing dame, brook, and middleton for most of the game - it’s a game we should win handily.
Yeesh… Lopez was out also? It’s good that we won, but if this team really hopes to be a title contender, it shouldn’t struggle as much against a Bucks team that was that depleted.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kicked ass in the 3rd quarter once again - held it down in the 4th due to offensive production but our defense at the end was once again lacking for lack of a better word

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's a W.

I mean it is what it is.

I am glad they won but it's nothing to crow about. It's like beat us with only 1 of the big 3.