Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-6-2024

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's hard to see better one-on-one defense than Durant played on Giannis.

I did like the double and triple teams the Suns used on Giannis early.

However, I'm not sure if the Suns could have done it the whole game without getting Nurkic and others in foul trouble.
Was listening to a great breakdown on why we lost to the Bucks in the Finals. The analyst said when the Bucks moved Giannis to the five and played small ball, we had no answer for that. It was the traditional lineup of trying to overwhelm us with a big front line we destroyed in games 1 and 2. I thought, this is the same thing we are trying with KD!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was listening to a great breakdown on why we lost to the Bucks in the Finals. The analyst said when the Bucks moved Giannis to the five and played small ball, we had no answer for that. It was the traditional lineup of trying to overwhelm us with a big front line we destroyed in games 1 and 2. I thought, this is the same thing we are trying with KD!

Without Saric backing up Ayton, the Suns were vulnerable inside. This is why I am glad the Suns are strengthening the power forward position and will hopefully add another defensive center with length.

Durant playing the 5 is a tough matchup for most opposing teams, however, if the Suns play the Nuggets, Nurkic will probably get the duty.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that Bol Bol is going to light it up but he has shows flashes after being basically a useless acquisition to start the season. If we can make a small move, Okogie and Bol Bol start being more consistent, we might be OK. I know that's a big IF but it's something.
Bol's defense is a bit of an enigma. He can bother a lot of shots but he gets pushed around. It looks like JJ is going with a larger role for Bol in the second half of the season. KD looks like a father/older brother figure for him. He is the best young prospect we have.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bol's defense is a bit of an enigma. He can bother a lot of shots but he gets pushed around. It looks like JJ is going with a larger role for Bol in the second half of the season. KD looks like a father/older brother figure for him. He is the best young prospect we have.
Forgive my ignorance but who is JJ?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Without Saric backing up Ayton, the Suns were vulnerable inside. This is why I am glad the Suns are strengthening the power forward position and will hopefully add another defensive center with length.

Durant playing the 5 is a tough matchup for most opposing teams, however, if the Suns play the Nuggets, Nurkic will probably get the duty.
Nurkic is able to match up with Jokic as well as anyone in the NBA. But when he goes out for rest, I can see us going with that lineup in spots.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Boohoo about Khrustchev Middleton. Beal had a bad back, rolled ankle, and a broken nose and teams took full advatage of us. Dont get me started on the Paul injuries too when it mattered.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson