Jurecki: Keim stays as GM for 2019 season (old thread)

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The only reason I would want Keim to stay around is to see how badly he can screw up the #1 overall pick this year. I can hear it now.

With the first pick in the draft from Northwest Southern College of Mississippi in Alabama State University punter Kayon O'Listiclese.

Keim: "We are going to play him at middle linebacker, he has amazing talents, just needs to learn the pro game. We more upside than Nick Bosa, and a pure athlete that jumps off the page. This one time my, I am told, he made a tackle on a fast guy, that is a rare type talent"

You forgot to throw in the part where one of the assistants drove out to the middle of nowhere, in Timbuktu, to have him workout on a Sunday and he blew him away with his athletic prowess. The next JJ Watt!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If Keim stays I hope Wilks does as well. I find it unlikely Keim turns things around enough to not get canned a year from now and I wouldn't want a new GM either stuck with the guy Keim hired or fire a coach after 1 year in back to back seasons.

Team needs a house cleaning. I'd prefer they commit to it this year but if not do it next year. Just don't ride the fence and compound the same decisions that put the team in it's current state.

I agree with this post. If you keep SK might as well keep SW too. I don't want to see Josh Rosen have three head coaches in three years or 4 years, not good for his development. IMO

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Could be that Keim was lukewarm on Wilks but Michael was in love with him. Would you put the veto on your boss in that situation?

Wilks was clearly undersupported by personnel on both sides of the ball, but unless you think that Keim forced McCoy on Wilks, the offensive coaching staff is absolutely unforgivable. The best interim OC they had on staff was an intern two years ago.

Yes. This is 100% true. If you fail at every one of the goals you set out for yourself, you deserve to go.

I wonder if Wilks is resigning.

1. At the end of 17 games, it looked to me that McCoy had better prepared/production from Rosen than Leftwich. May be it was that game tape on Rosen made him look bad in the later half. It never made sense why Jason Michael the tight ends coach never got to call plays.

2. Wilks resigning would make the entire NFL go b-a-n-a-n-a-s

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1. At the end of 17 games, it looked to me that McCoy had better prepared/production from Rosen than Leftwich. May be it was that game tape on Rosen made him look bad in the later half. It never made sense why Jason Michael the tight ends coach never got to call plays.

2. Wilks resigning would make the entire NFL go b-a-n-a-n-a-s
Did you know we only have 6 defensive coaches + Holcomb and Wilks. How is that even possible? We have 8 offensive coaches plus Leftwich.

The Rams have 10 offensive coaches and 7 defensive coaches. Hm.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did you know we only have 6 defensive coaches + Holcomb and Wilks. How is that even possible? We have 8 offensive coaches plus Leftwich.

The Rams have 10 offensive coaches and 7 defensive coaches. Hm.

interesting. But you failed to count Wilks Thor DB hammer as extra coaches that can create plays like these in week 17

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this post. If you keep SK might as well keep SW too. I don't want to see Josh Rosen have three head coaches in three years or 4 years, not good for his development. IMO

so, if you believe SW is a horrific coach and should be fired, do you think it's a mistake not to fire SK at this point?

I mean, you want to talk about 3 or 4 head coaches in 4 years will do to a QB, well, let me tell you something 2 straight years of POUNDING AND AWFULNESS will destroy him too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't remotely fathom the thought of another year under Wilks. I followed the Game thread every week because it was too painful to watch live. It's hard to believe that some on this board could possibly stomach another year of this. God Bless you. I could care less if Keim stays or goes, but Wilks ABSOLUTLEY, POSITIVELY, has to go.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
consider this nearly official:

Cards just announced a 11am presser with Keim and Mike B

feels like the odds of Mike B turning to Keim during the presser and saying "you're fired" are low

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Keim is coming off a quality draft in 2018. He has been a solid GM in Free Agency. He'd be snatched up immediately by another team if let go. I don't see how we can do better, so he gets another swing.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Keim is coming off a quality draft in 2018. He has been a solid GM in Free Agency. He'd be snatched up immediately by another team if let go. I don't see how we can do better, so he gets another swing.

Personally, I would have waited until after NYE, to be safe. ;)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
keim should be gone too. i think he's MORE responsible for this garbage footfall team than wilks was. he didn't supply the personnel for wilks to run his defense, and why would a coach change HIS defense for a team? a good GM woulda sniffed that out in the interview process. i actually feel a little bad for wilks, got caught in the middle of something ugly

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's NYE tonight, Keim seems to have kept his position...hopefully he doesn't go out and get blitzed without a designated driver...

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He should be fired for his inability to build a O line and for having Reddick above Mahommes and Watson on his board. Too much loyalty, being shown.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
He should be fired for his inability to build a O line and for having Reddick above Mahommes and Watson on his board. Too much loyalty, being shown.

I don't think he had Reddick above Mahommes. The Chiefs just swooped in and stole him from under Keim's nose. If anything, he should be held accountable for thinking he would fall to us in that draft.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I really wish you could have been in that club level town hall during training camp.

That was Michael repeatedly talking up Wilks professionalism. How he runs an organized ship. How he dresses and carries himself.

It was just an odd thing to point out over and over again. This was my third time doing this and he simply never referred to Arians like this.
Yet the town drunk keeps his job.

Bidwill is a trust fund putz who doesn't know what true professionalism even is.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yet the town drunk keeps his job.

Bidwill is a trust fund putz who doesn't know what true professionalism even is.

Keim and Bidwill got very hard sniffing their own farts and benefitting from Arians. I think that Michael thought he'd earned his place among the NFL ownership's elite. You definitely don't get that impression from Mark Lebovich's book.

I think that Bidwill felt that he wasn't getting the same praise as Arians was getting and wanted to make a hire that would fit in more with the organizations on like Hard Knocks are — with dumb motivational sayings on the walls and such.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LOL Most of the responses refer to firing Keim also...

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think he had Reddick above Mahommes. The Chiefs just swooped in and stole him from under Keim's nose. If anything, he should be held accountable for thinking he would fall to us in that draft.

No he 100 PCT had Reddick above Mahommes and talked about the board Reddick was like 2 or 3 on the board .Their was tons of info out there on this, it's a fact. Also getting out worked to have thise guys taken above you is anothrr, giant sign of poor GMing.

Keim is good at prove it deals, Trades and Late Rders

He sucks at Early Rdsz getting cute in the draft and cannot build an Oline. Not to mention the DUI

Firing Will and keeping Keim is a lateral move

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No he 100 PCT had Reddick above Mahommes and talked about the board Reddick was like 2 or 3 on the board .Their was tons of info out there on this, it's a fact. Also getting out worked to have thise guys taken above you is anothrr, giant sign of poor GMing.

Keim is good at prove it deals, Trades and Late Rders

He sucks at Early Rdsz getting cute in the draft and cannot build an Oline. Not to mention the DUI

Firing Will and keeping Keim is a lateral move

This just isn't factual. Keim built some good likes with Veldheer, Iupati, Sendlein, and Massie.

Arizona_Steve

Veteran
Reaction score
Keim needs to be gone too. The lack of talent on this team is a direct reflection on his ability to do his job, not to mention the DUI last offseason.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Keim needs to be gone too. The lack of talent on this team is a direct reflection on his ability to do his job, not to mention the DUI last offseason.

There's plenty of talent on this team:
O: Rosen, David Johnson, Christian Kirk, Fitz
D: Jones, Peterson, Baker, Peters

We just didn't have enough guys at WR, CB and LB to fill out the roster early in the season. The situation at WR was just unforgivable.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regardless of steps that are taken by a front office, actions have consequences for better or worse.

Luck plays into it. So does the "magic" that comes into evaluating and developing talent.

For whatever reason, the Cards have been quietly been restocking their roster with a bunch of ordinary athletes with one or two glaring flaws - (i.e. a step too slow, a second too stupid, ten pounds too small).

You can get lucky with that approach and pull a Budda B or Tyrann M out of your butt. Or you can wind up with guys like Buccanon, Reddick or our entire OL that wasn't good enough to live up to expectations.

We desperately need a "Draft whisperer" (& I don't think SK is that guy - not enough hits/too many misses). & remember: it's a competitive sport, and teams in our division like Seattle and the Rams are drafting circles around us).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson