The Next Step For Murray

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Caleb is going to be a surefire superstar bandwagon has cleared out quickly!
Hard to play for a team that has such a poor defense you’re always chasing them on the scoreboard. He’s has the tools to succeed. The coaching matchup will be important. He’s not a good match for today’s Pats.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hard to play for a team that has such a poor defense you’re always chasing them on the scoreboard.
I'm more concerned about his splits good vs. bad teams.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Is there a situation where the Cards draft Maye or Williams and just keep Kyler for 2024 and then dump him to help with the cap savings?
Most evaluators see that as unlikely. There is some advantage to keeping Murray then done a post 6/1 release in 2025. The problem is Maye would seem to fit the offense best, but he would get much from watching a disgruntled Murray play. I can’t imagine you could put Murray on the bench.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most evaluators see that as unlikely. There is some advantage to keeping Murray then done a post 6/1 release in 2025. The problem is Maye would seem to fit the offense best, but he would get much from watching a disgruntled Murray play. I can’t imagine you could put Murray on the bench.
Harry, how does the qb class in 2025 look?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Of course it depends on who comes out. Ewers, Texas has a great arm and may not come out because of his injury. Sanders’ dad will probably want him to stay a year. Beck from Georgia has looked good lately. I don’t like Allar, PSU, but some do. McCord, OSU figures to emerge. The dark horse is Thompson at Oregon. He’s been buried behind Nix. However, this year’s class could well be historic. It may not match the 1983 class, but it will be very good; numerous eventual starters. If a team wants a QB this is the year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of course it depends on who comes out. Ewers, Texas has a great arm and may not come out because of his injury. Sanders’ dad will probably want him to stay a year. Beck from Georgia has looked good lately. I don’t like Allar, PSU, but some do. McCord, OSU figures to emerge. The dark horse is Thompson at Oregon. He’s been buried behind Nix. However, this year’s class could well be historic. It may not match the 1983 class, but it will be very good; numerous eventual starters. If a team wants a QB this is the year.
I just hope Franklin doesn't ruin Allar. He looked great early and, like all Franklin QBs, looks worse as the season goes on. The guy is a horrible coach.

Reactions: PJ1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Harry.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I just hope Franklin doesn't ruin Allar. He looked great early and, like all Franklin QBs, looks worse as the season goes on. The guy is a horrible coach.
I think the stats were he only completed 2 passes of 20 yards or more in the first 6 games. Admittedly they didn’t try many. I’m just not sure he’s an NFL level passer. I do agree the offensive coaching there is atrocious.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the stats were he only completed 2 passes of 20 yards or more in the first 6 games. Admittedly they didn’t try many. I’m just not sure he’s an NFL level passer. I do agree the offensive coaching there is atrocious.
He might not be. Only attempting a few was 100 percent on Franklin. He's such an atrocious game planner and play caller. Good thing he can't eff up offensive linemen!