Jurecki: Keim stays as GM for 2019 season (old thread)

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Wilks being available at 1230 to media hopefully means the lock to his office changed at 1215 when he's getting the axe in MB's office.

Either that or his packing box with his stuff from his office is on the podium at 1230

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im ok if they keep Wilks. Bolster the O (line and WR). Get players that fit the defensive scheme. See what happens.

I think Wilks was a total mess this year. I can also admit that the deck was stacked against him. His biggest flaw was not using players the right way on D early in the year. He needs to answer for that. Buccanon showed today that he can play. No reason why he should have sat as much as he did.

It they do move on, they better make the right move. No more BS. Better be a near lock HC and the off-season plan better result in a major improvement.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THAT’S WHEN YOU DO THIS! New GM gets to hire his coach, use a #1 pick, use all that cap space. All without worrying about getting to 8-8 next year because he has a clean slate.

Main... we JUST went through this with the Suns. Do you really want another lame-duck GM in charge of picking coach, draft, trading pieces and spending a lot of money in FA?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, I'm disappointed Keim is staying but I will not be surprised if he stays.

Actually he should have been gone in early July.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, I'm disappointed Keim is staying but I will not be surprised if he stays.

Actually he should have been gone in early July.

ah. gotcha.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jim Caldwell, Mike Munchak, Todd Bowles, Freddie Kitchens in that order

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct I didn't make this leap until Arians said he would still be coaching if not for the injuries he had.

This was way before he said anything about the Browns.

It could be completely off base. Of course it could be. But it does seem to be plausible
Wait I thought we were talking about who hired wilks. When did Arians come into the convo?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im ok if they keep Wilks. Bolster the O (line and WR). Get players that fit the defensive scheme. See what happens.

I think Wilks was a total mess this year. I can also admit that the deck was stacked against him. His biggest flaw was not using players the right way on D early in the year. He needs to answer for that. Buccanon showed today that he can play. No reason why he should have sat as much as he did.

It they do move on, they better make the right move. No more BS. Better be a near lock HC and the off-season plan better result in a major improvement.
Yo as, I have a business proposition for you . . . you’ll love it. Trust me.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The only reason I would want Keim to stay around is to see how badly he can screw up the #1 overall pick this year. I can hear it now.

With the first pick in the draft from Northwest Southern College of Mississippi in Alabama State University punter Kayon O'Listiclese.

Keim: "We are going to play him at middle linebacker, he has amazing talents, just needs to learn the pro game. We more upside than Nick Bosa, and a pure athlete that jumps off the page. This one time my, I am told, he made a tackle on a fast guy, that is a rare type talent"

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I'm not. Wilks did not accomplish one thing that he set out to do when he took the job. If the deck was stacked against him, he had a hand in the stacking which almost makes it worse.

I do agree that they need to get the next HC right.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Lol you’re ok if we keep Wilks??

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For real, looks like Wilks may be back? Jeebus.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did Bidwill let Sarver run the Cards the past couple of days?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mike obviously liked him but it’s an enormous leap from that to mike overruled Keim and Keim didn’t like him. It also ignores the vacation love affair.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Could be that Keim was lukewarm on Wilks but Michael was in love with him. Would you put the veto on your boss in that situation?

Wilks was clearly undersupported by personnel on both sides of the ball, but unless you think that Keim forced McCoy on Wilks, the offensive coaching staff is absolutely unforgivable. The best interim OC they had on staff was an intern two years ago.

I'm not. Wilks did not accomplish one thing that he set out to do when he took the job. If the deck was stacked against him, he had a hand in the stacking which almost makes it worse.

I do agree that they need to get the next HC right.

Yes. This is 100% true. If you fail at every one of the goals you set out for yourself, you deserve to go.

I wonder if Wilks is resigning.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I can tolerate bringing Keim back on a short leash. Under no circumstance will I back a move to retain Wilks.

If you’re a Wilks supporter, please provide one redeeming quality that shows he can succeed. I’m not being a dick, I genuinely want to know.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need the announcement that Wilks is fired. Needs to come now

If Keim stays I hope Wilks does as well. I find it unlikely Keim turns things around enough to not get canned a year from now and I wouldn't want a new GM either stuck with the guy Keim hired or fire a coach after 1 year in back to back seasons.

Team needs a house cleaning. I'd prefer they commit to it this year but if not do it next year. Just don't ride the fence and compound the same decisions that put the team in it's current state.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
THAT’S WHEN YOU DO THIS! New GM gets to hire his coach, use a #1 pick, use all that cap space. All without worrying about getting to 8-8 next year because he has a clean slate.

It really does not make any sense to keep Keim. It especially doesn't make sense to keep him if he isn't trusted to make the coaching hires.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison