Oh What a Night

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
While I don't agree with Krang that guards shouldn't be taken only in the 4th round or later, I do agree that those taken earlier than the 4th need to be special enough to start.
I really only think super special guards should go earlier. Almost never in the first round, unless it's Steve Hutchinson, who was one of the few guards worthy of a 1st round pick. And even then, never in the top ten.

People on this board were talking about Beebe, a limited athlete in round two!!! That's crazy. Absolutely poor value.

If the Cardinals had stuck and picked Beebe at their spot, they don't get one of the highest graded CBs. The NFL is a passing league. Players involved in the pass gaming (directly) and stopping the pass are more valuable that players who don't.

I can be okay with taking a guard in round three, just depends on how the board falls. This year, that's where the guards went...Monti read the flow right, just like he read the flow right on CB

The beginning of round three he takes Benson and then quickly Corum goes. Top two runners now gone.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
very interested to see how the corners play this year

last year at this time, it was:

starters: Marco Wilson, Antonio Hamilton
backups: Ketrel Clark-R, Christian Matthew, Chris Boyd (Garret Wilson on PUP)

I think only Antonio and Clark were on the roster by year end.

this year:

starters: Murphy-Bunting, Williams
backups: Starling-Thomas, Clark, Divaad Wilson, Melton-R, Jones-R, Davis-R

you kinda see why they kept drafting corners, regardless of what Monti said
Without a decent pass rush they will struggle.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think there is about an even chance Clark doesn't make the team.

Murphy-Bunting, Melton, Williams, and Jones are virtual locks. Yeah I bet Clark doesn't make it.

I think Clark has a decent shot since they'll carry more than four CBs.

I still think they could use one more veteran.

Steve Nelson?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is about an even chance Clark doesn't make the team.

Murphy-Bunting, Melton, Williams, and Jones are virtual locks. Yeah I bet Clark doesn't make it.
We have found out that you need depth at CB due to injuries

So Clark might be kept for insurance

Better than pulling guys out of the bleachers to play like last year, oof

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We have found out that you need depth at CB due to injuries

So Clark might be kept for insurance

Better than pulling guys out of the bleachers to play like last year, oof
Yeah but he couldn’t beat Starling Thomas out of a job last year; what will have changed?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Yeah but he couldn’t beat Starling Thomas out of a job last year; what will have changed?
So a late round rookie that looked like decent starter material before his play started going down hill would not be good enough to be the 5th or 6th CB on a team?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So a late round rookie that looked like decent starter material before his play started going down hill would not be good enough to be the 5th or 6th CB on a team?
It's a numbers game. The Cardinals probably keep 5 CBs.

Clark might be #5. Pretty telling when a team doesn't hold back from drafting three players at a position.

Clark is competing with Jaden Davis, Thomas, and others for that last spot. I'm not betting on him after he stuck to the bench last year.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It's a numbers game. The Cardinals probably keep 5 CBs.

Clark might be #5. Pretty telling when a team doesn't hold back from drafting three players at a position.

Clark is competing with Jaden Davis, Thomas, and others for that last spot. I'm not betting on him after he stuck to the bench last year.
I'm aware it's a numbers game, but he actually showed some promise early in the season when forced into the starting line-up. He is a late round pick. They usually do not start from day one. The team will keep 6 CBs - no doubt the way the game is evolving. And I'm willing to put a beer on the line next time I'm in AZ for a game that Clark will be on the roster as 4th-6th CB on starting day.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He didn’t look like a decent starter to the coaches who never put him back in the field.

And then drafted a bevy of defensive backs this year. Constantly surprised people still think Kei’Trel Clark’s roster spot is assured. I think he’s +125 to even make the final 53.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
He didn’t look like a decent starter to the coaches who never put him back in the field.

And then drafted a bevy of defensive backs this year. Constantly surprised people still think Kei’Trel Clark’s roster spot is assured. I think he’s +125 to even make the final 53.
Funny way of argumentation. He literally was the starter for 6 games.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Funny way of argumentation. He literally was the starter for 6 games.
What about the other 11? How many defensive snaps did he play?

Jonathan Ledbetter started 12 games last year and will be lucky to make the roster this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm aware it's a numbers game, but he actually showed some promise early in the season when forced into the starting line-up. He is a late round pick. They usually do not start from day one. The team will keep 6 CBs - no doubt the way the game is evolving. And I'm willing to put a beer on the line next time I'm in AZ for a game that Clark will be on the roster as 4th-6th CB on starting day.
He gave up a cumulative 113.1 QB Rating, and that's not considering that he wasn't the one being picked on, that was Marco Wilson.

His first two games of the year were ok, but teams figured out how to attack him and after that point he didn't really do well at all.

I just don't really see an NFL player here.

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What about the other 11? How many defensive snaps did he play?

Jonathan Ledbetter started 12 games last year and will be lucky to make the roster this year.
Ledbetter isn't on a roster, he was injured and is currently rehabbing last I heard.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ledbetter isn't on a roster, he was injured and is currently rehabbing last I heard.
Kevin Strong
Roy Lopez

Any of the personal trainers we pulled out of the neighborhood Equinox and dropped into the defensive line.

Starting or playing snaps in the leagues worst defense is probably a negative indicator for this year.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Strong
Roy Lopez

Any of the personal trainers we pulled out of the neighborhood Equinox and dropped into the defensive line.

Starting or playing snaps in the leagues worst defense is probably a negative indicator for this year.
“We make T Shirts for the bodies of real men.”

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I knew Harry loved Benson because we talked about it during the season a couple of times and Harry had said then he thought Benson might be the best RB in the draft class.
I knew Russ liked him too. Always nice to get confirmation from a guy who’s truly a student of the game.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Without a decent pass rush they will struggle.
maybe

but -- i sure saw plenty of games where the opposing QB hit his back foot on his drop and delivered the ball to an open WR

hard to rush the passer when thats happening

im not saying thats the only issue, but pass rush and coverage work hand in hand.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
maybe

but -- i sure saw plenty of games where the opposing QB hit his back foot on his drop and delivered the ball to an open WR

hard to rush the passer when thats happening

im not saying thats the only issue, but pass rush and coverage work hand in hand.
I wouldn’t write off Ojulari yet. He’ll improve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison