What Did You Expect from this Season?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want/wanted Drake Maye. That is all I wanted from this season.
Chopper, are you really on the Maye train? I literally have heard no buzz on this dude since the start of the season. Admittedly, I don't watch NC football, but I just haven't heard his name mentioned much as a must-have target.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought that we could win 2 games this season. The victory over Dallas absolutely tickled me, but in the same breath I don't know how they did it. I did think they could beat Houston and get lucky somewhere else along the way. Maybe they can beat the Bears, but am not holding my breath.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper, are you really on the Maye train? I literally have heard no buzz on this dude since the start of the season. Admittedly, I don't watch NC football, but I just haven't heard his name mentioned much as a must-have target.
Yes. I think he is the best QB in the draft. I feel his game translates to the NFL. I love his size and athleticism. He is not perfect, but I don't need him to be. He is/was the dream for me.

and to be fair, I have felt this way prior to the season, and nothing I have seen this year has changed that.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two top 5 picks in the 2024 draft.

I had said 2-15 record with both eyes open. I got exactly what I expected except the Texans really put the screws to me.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expected us to not be competitive at all. Full tank mode for sure.

How did we beat the Cowboys with this team?

The defense has actually played much better than expected for most of the season with mostly back-ups.

Was it all worth it? We will know more in 2024.
Every year we run into a couple of teams that just beats themselves…

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When I look at Drake Maye I see Daniel Jones, is that off base?
I think so. I see a more polished collegiate version of Josh Allen. Please keep in mind, Allen had to refine his skills in the NFL just like Maye will have to.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I expected the majority of our games to go like the Rams game, so they've beaten my expectations. The Rams game still does sting.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the people trashing Gannon and monti are clownin, these dudes deserve a pass in my book for the first 2 years given the garbage team they inherited

We have played better than I certainly expected. Someone else said it and it is so true, this season feels better if the Texans were dog doodoo as well and we have two top 5 picks. We are not a franchise born under a lucky star unfortunately.

To beat a dead horse- this year really comes down to Kyler and the direction he takes. Needless to say- I’ve not been impressed with him and I did expect him to be better and at least elevate this team which he has yet to deliver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson