Jurecki: Keim stays as GM for 2019 season (old thread)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dumb, but expected.

He failed in his "Let's give it a last hurrah" Super Bowl seasons, not even getting into the playoffs in those two years and his attempt to rebuild after that was the biggest fiasco the team has ever seen. And yes, when you come into TWO seasons saying you're gunning for a Super Bowl and don't even make the playoffs, THAT'S FAILURE. Go see Mike McCarthy for proof of that.

So, the idea that he's only failed once just doesn't hold water. That's two failures, IMO. Not one. The only ONE thing he ever got accomplished was winning a SINGLE playoff game. That's it. One playoff W in 6 years.

That ain't above average folks.

But is what it is. I just hope he guesses right with the first pick and coach because I have about as much confidence in him as I did Ryan McDonough at this point before last year's Suns off-season.

Bidwill should take Keim's advice given many years ago about players: "Better to cut bait a year too early, than a year too late." Even more so because there's a coaching hire, a buttload of cap space and the highest draft picks we've ever had staring us in the face. You don't give a guy on his "last chance" the ability to make all those decisions, IMO.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jurecki has his sources, but i doubt he is the guy who breaks that news

i think Jurecki was speculating

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keim is officially on the hot seat then for 2019. Let’s hope the pressure causes him to work harder, spend big money on great FA’s, and draft better than ever before knowing his job may be on the line.

If the next coach fails he’ll be done. I say he’d be wise to copy Les Snead (Rams GM) and hire a young offense mind as HC and break the bank on some star FA’s.
Exactly the reason keeping him is disastrous. He’s a lame duck GM. That means he takes the safest route to 8-8 possible, damn the future. It likely means signing aging vets and not swinging for the fence coach. That bum gets to pick ANOTHER coach and use our #1 pick?!?

This is Phoenix Suns Sarver level idiocy. They let McDonough hire koko, draft Ayton, trade future assets, sign ariza, and then fire him. This is the same insanity.

CAN KEIM.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't say that I am surprised but I wish it was otherwise

On some level this would confirm my theory that Bidwill wanted Arians out and a "professional" Coach in

I agree with you. I've said it for months that MB pushed Arians out & it was MB that hired Wilks. Exactly why Keim isn't being fired. MB can't hold SK accountable, at least not yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly the reason keeping him is disastrous. He’s a lame duck GM. That means he takes the safest route to 8-8 possible, damn the future. It likely means signing aging vets and not swinging for the fence coach. That bum gets to pick ANOTHER coach and use our #1 pick?!?

This is Phoenix Suns Sarver level idiocy. They let McDonough hire koko, draft Ayton, trade future assets, sign ariza, and then fire him. This is the same insanity.

CAN KEIM.

SK has only chosen 1 HC, that was Arians.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The final 12 hours of the Wilks regime. I understand waiting until they arrive home to fire Wilks, but I want it ASAP. I assume Fitzgerald’s career decision is s factor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
SK has only chosen 1 HC, that was Arians.
Lots of talk about that but no smoking gun. So I’ll chalk that up to fairy tales. Also, are you a good GM if your owner won’t let you choose a coach? Really? No.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Keim might stay but I'm disappointed. It would be too many changes at one time though.

Main... we JUST went through this with the Suns. Do you really want another lame-duck GM in charge of picking coach, draft, trading pieces and spending a lot of money in FA?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of y’all about that but no smoking gun. So I’ll chalk that up to fairy tales. Also, are you a good GM if your owner won’t let you choose a coach? Really? No.

Call it whatever you want. MB always liked SK, but hated how the BASK relationship evolved. As long as BASK won, MB stomached it. 2 years out of the playoffs & MB was ready to move on to a more civil, intellectual type HC. Out went BA & in came Wilks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk about that but no smoking gun. So I’ll chalk that up to fairy tales. Also, are you a good GM if your owner won’t let you choose a coach? Really? No.

I really wish you could have been in that club level town hall during training camp.

That was Michael repeatedly talking up Wilks professionalism. How he runs an organized ship. How he dresses and carries himself.

It was just an odd thing to point out over and over again. This was my third time doing this and he simply never referred to Arians like this.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Call it whatever you want. MB always liked SK, but hated how the BASK relationship evolved. As long as BASK won, MB stomached it. 2 years out of the playoffs & MB was ready to move on to a more civil, intellectual type HC. Out went BA & in came Wilks.

Help me out here: This sounds like first hand or sourced knowledge. Is it? or is this Mitch-level speculation?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I call it stupid to keep Keim. That’s what I call it.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I really wish you could have been in that club level town hall during training camp.

That was Michael repeatedly talking up Wilks professionalism. How he runs an organized ship. How he dresses and carries himself.

It was just an odd thing to point out over and over again. This was my third time doing this and he simply never referred to Arians like this.

I can’t wait for Wilks to be fired. I also want to see how Bidwill handles admitting his mistake. Needs to happen within 12 hours

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wilks is back?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Mike obviously liked him but it’s an enormous leap from that to mike overruled Keim and Keim didn’t like him. It also ignores the vacation love affair.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike obviously liked him but it’s an enormous leap from that to mike overruled Keim and Keim didn’t like him. It also ignores the vacation love affair.

Correct I didn't make this leap until Arians said he would still be coaching if not for the injuries he had.

This was way before he said anything about the Browns.

It could be completely off base. Of course it could be. But it does seem to be plausible

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He designed a perfect gameplan to get fired. He just needs to execute the gameplan to be fired

LOL last night he was on the Fox Sports show with Calvisi and Wolfley and he literally blamed last weeks loss on the missed extra point.

a 21 point loss on a missed extra point.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
LOL last night he was on the Fox Sports show with Calvisi and Wolfley and he literally blamed last weeks loss on the missed extra point.

a 21 point loss on a missed extra point.

I’ll give Michael B a mulligan on the Wilks hiring because Michael B has done a great job since taking over. But I find Wilks to be deranged and detached from reality. Bidwill cant do this again

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For real, looks like Wilks may be back? Jeebus.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now we can waste the #1 pick on an injury prone "value" pick with questionsble work ethic and high upside!

If you are referring to Bosa, every national pundit associated with the draft has him as the best player in the draft, absolutely no debate. If you want to go BPA, you draft Bosa.