Off-Season Trade Candidates

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With an eye on the off-season, started to think what teams outside of us have an even longer path to success thus might consider off loading some talent in exchange for future pick(s). Or who may be looking to trade due to cap restrictions.

I would have loved Montez Sweat from the Commanders.. feel Chicago got an absolute steal, and a franchise building block…but Washington is obviously in a complete rebuild with no road map of success in the near future. Using this as an example of teams/players I am thinking about.

Panthers - Brian Burns and Derrick Brown. Panthers are going nowhere next year, and likely the year after with no #1 pick. I think they are stuck in a position where they need to off-load for draft capital. Both of these players are huge needs for us and absolute studs. I would give our 2025 1st for either player. Far better than any player we could get via draft or free agency at either position. Would the cost be more? Probable in my opinion.

Chargers - $34mm over the cap for next year.. I am in the bucket, that the cap doesn’t mean much as teams manipulate it all the time. However, non-contending teams it doesn’t make much sense to do so. I love Joey Bosa.. but it seems he is injured way too often. Wonder what it would take to pull him away at this point?

Saints - over the cap enormously every off season it seams (projected $74mm). This team isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Wild to see they have $80mm tied up next year alone in Carr/Winston/Hill!!! Ooof! I’d take edge Carl Granderson off their hands. First year being a consistent starter and is providing results (8.5 sacks).. also love his contract for an edge with upside. Prob not a player they are looking to move with such a good contract in place.

Lmk who else you all are thinking as possibilities!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
With an eye on the off-season, started to think what teams outside of us have an even longer path to success thus might consider off loading some talent in exchange for future pick(s). Or who may be looking to trade due to cap restrictions.

I would have loved Montez Sweat from the Commanders.. feel Chicago got an absolute steal, and a franchise building block…but Washington is obviously in a complete rebuild with no road map of success in the near future. Using this as an example of teams/players I am thinking about.

Panthers - Brian Burns and Derrick Brown. Panthers are going nowhere next year, and likely the year after with no #1 pick. I think they are stuck in a position where they need to off-load for draft capital. Both of these players are huge needs for us and absolute studs. I would give our 2025 1st for either player. Far better than any player we could get via draft or free agency at either position. Would the cost be more? Probable in my opinion.

Chargers - $34mm over the cap for next year.. I am in the bucket, that the cap doesn’t mean much as teams manipulate it all the time. However, non-contending teams it doesn’t make much sense to do so. I love Joey Bosa.. but it seems he is injured way too often. Wonder what it would take to pull him away at this point?

Saints - over the cap enormously every off season it seams (projected $74mm). This team isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Wild to see they have $80mm tied up next year alone in Carr/Winston/Hill!!! Ooof! I’d take edge Carl Granderson off their hands. First year being a consistent starter and is providing results (8.5 sacks).. also love his contract for an edge with upside. Prob not a player they are looking to move with such a good contract in place.

Justin Jefferson

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Burns is a FA after the season. Likely candidate for a Franchise tag.
Ya thus a sign and trade similar to what happen to Sweat. I believe an extension was agreed upon before the trade

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty is not Keim who would go after and trade for high ranked players like Carson Palmer and DeAndre Hopkins. We really don't know what his overall plan is for improving the team as they ae very tight lipped. They have a lot of cap space and draft picks. This off season will really show us hopefully their direction. We can only speculate for now. :shrug:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Boy, that sure would be a dream.. can’t imagine them letting him walk. Although KC traded Tyreke, so it can happen!
well im not ure why they would commit all that money to JJ if they do not have a qb.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well im not ure why they would commit all that money to JJ if they do not have a qb.
Ya although I’ll be surprised if they don’t resign Cousins at this point.. Cousins is Cousins, but he’s a top 15 QB and this year showed no signs of decline.

RW3 certainly wouldn’t be an upgrade, so being Kyler appears to be off the market and not in drafting position..any other move would be very surprising to me as there isn’t a better option on the market.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monty is not Keim who would go after and trade for high ranked players like Carson Palmer and DeAndre Hopkins. We really don't know what his overall plan is for improving the team as they ae very tight lipped. They have a lot of cap space and draft picks. This off season will really show us hopefully their direction. We can only speculate for now. :shrug:
Completely agree.. hence the reason why I opened up for speculation. I like our chances at a trade for a key building block vs ability to sign/attract a key free agent as I don’t think MO overpay in FA for a player to come here

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bosa, Mack and Keenan Allen could all get dealt. I think they do a one year bottom out like we’re doing.

The Saints never wanting to rebuilt is a mistake. Imagine hitching your wagon to Derek Carr.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Bosa, Mack and Keenan Allen could all get dealt. I think they do a one year bottom out like we’re doing.

The Saints never wanting to rebuilt is a mistake. Imagine hitching your wagon to Derek Carr.
I'd take Mack in a heartbeat. Also Allen

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t see us trading picks for players. It doesn’t seem like it fits MO’s…m.o. lol. Look at free agents. I don’t think we will sign a “10” but I can see us signing a couple of solid “8’s”.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Focus on players who might be had for a third, like Wr Williams

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Focus on players who might be had for a third, like Wr Williams
I can’t imagine that.. him and Herbert are close, if they dump him for a 3rd pretty sure you’d be pissing off your franchise QB