Jurecki: Keim stays as GM for 2019 season (old thread)

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This just isn't factual. Keim built some good likes with Veldheer, Iupati, Sendlein, and Massie.

How did I forget that version of the Cardinals Hogs lol. Trash olines dude get outta here, How long have the Cardinals have had a trash ass Oline? They made Warner and Plamer retire come on now, your post isn't factual.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he had Reddick above Mahommes. The Chiefs just swooped in and stole him from under Keim's nose. If anything, he should be held accountable for thinking he would fall to us in that draft.

My biggest complaint is that Keim has allowed that to happen more than once. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's entirely on Keim, but it should be. My fear is that our front office dysfunctionality (including MB) didn't allow Keim to act. We lost out on Shazier, Dupree, and Watson in similar fashion. Forget everything else, these actions would be the reason that Keim is on the hot seat or worse.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Keim and Bidwill got very hard sniffing their own farts and benefitting from Arians.

yes. Time honored certainty about success: amongst the three of them, each one told themselves that *THEY* were the real brains behind the operation, and the other two were replaceable.

You definitely don't get that impression from Mark Lebovich's book.

not familiar -- what did he say in a nutshell?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
yes. Time honored certainty about success: amongst the three of them, each one told themselves that *THEY* were the real brains behind the operation, and the other two were replaceable.

not familiar -- what did he say in a nutshell?

I'm only halfway through, but it's about the functioning of the Membership — the 32 owners and how Roger Goddell works with them through a variety of crises. (
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
)

I'm maybe halfway through, and he's been behind the scenes at a few owners meetings. He definitely talks to Mike Davis, Jerry Jones (apparently he gets blacked in the back of Jerry's bus later in the book), Bob Kraft, Arthur Blank, and a bunch of the other more visible owners. Apparently Paul Allen never game to owners meetings, and Martha Ford didn't either.

"Bidwill" doesn't even appear in the index.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's plenty of talent on this team:
O: Rosen, David Johnson, Christian Kirk, Fitz
D: Jones, Peterson, Baker, Peters

We just didn't have enough guys at WR, CB and LB to fill out the roster early in the season. The situation at WR was just unforgivable.

Now count who Keim is responsible for adding.

Keim had Abdalluh over DJ on his board. Kirk fell and was a no brainier at 2, Fitz was here already, Zero Olineman,

Keim can't go a disliy his GMing a ton

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keim is coming off a quality draft in 2018. He has been a solid GM in Free Agency. He'd be snatched up immediately by another team if let go. I don't see how we can do better, so he gets another swing.
The fact that you “don’t see how we can do better” means you think 1 playoff win in 6 years is the ceiling for this franchise. Sad state of your low expectations.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Keim needs to be gone too. The lack of talent on this team is a direct reflection on his ability to do his job, not to mention the DUI last offseason.

Keim doesn't "need" to be gone. This season is a demerit on his resume, but people who were paying attention knew that 2018 was going to be a transition year for a while. In that transition year, Keim drafted likely four starters on offense for 2019 and got a head start on free agency with Cooper and Swearinger. Along with noted talent already on the roster, the Cardinals can and should be .500 or better next season.

Wilks needed to be replaced as he has no redeeming qualities as a coach and depreciated the talent on the roster. You can replace him with anyone. Far more difficult to replace a 2x Executive of the Year with measurable success in the past.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Keim doesn't "need" to be gone. This season is a demerit on his resume, but people who were paying attention knew that 2018 was going to be a transition year for a while. In that transition year, Keim drafted likely four starters on offense for 2019 and got a head start on free agency with Cooper and Swearinger. Along with noted talent already on the roster, the Cardinals can and should be .500 or better next season.

Wilks needed to be replaced as he has no redeeming qualities as a coach and depreciated the talent on the roster. You can replace him with anyone. Far more difficult to replace a 2x Executive of the Year with measurable success in the past.

2x executive of the year still hasn't figured out how to assemble an offensive line. Palmer got the sht kicked out of him and so has/will Rosen.

TJ

Reaction score
2x executive of the year still hasn't figured out how to assemble an offensive line. Palmer got the sht kicked out of him and so has/will Rosen.
So who are you going to replace him with? I'm not married to the idea of keeping Keim, but you can do A LOT worse than Keim as GM. Keim will get one more year to retool the line and other positions or he's gone.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
So who are you going to replace him with? I'm not married to the idea of keeping Keim, but you can do A LOT worse than Keim as GM. Keim will get one more year to retool the line and other positions or he's gone.

Are you sure you didn't just defend why we should keep him?

TJ

Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't just defend why we should keep him?
I'm defending the decision to keep Keim over Wilks, because Bidwill was never going to fire both coming off of fresh contracts, despite what fans wanted/believed. That doesnt consider coordinators and position coaches who'll be canned, as well.

Given the circumstances, Bidwill made the right move. Plus, Bidwill is going to need to budget money to pay off Wilks along with getting a quality HC to replace him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's plenty of talent on this team:
O: Rosen, David Johnson, Christian Kirk, Fitz
D: Jones, Peterson, Baker, Peters

We just didn't have enough guys at WR, CB and LB to fill out the roster early in the season. The situation at WR was just unforgivable.
You named 8 players on a 53 man roster. I don’t think “plenty” is an appropriately descriptive word to use there. Some nice highend or potentially high end talent, yes. Talent throughout? Ehhhh

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's a positive and a negative to retaining him.

Positive: Was there a better option out there to replace him with now? Most likely not, but maybe Ozzie Newsome looks to get back into a GM position after next year after taking a reduced role to stay in BAL.

Negative: If ARZ finishes below .500 next year, then Keim has to go but the problem is that there will be a new coaching regime next year and if Keim is axed then the staff has to go too and that means a fourth OC for Rosen and yet another new system to learn.

I think Keim goes after McCarthy as he is probably the most established and decorated offensive coach on the market this year. It will be interesting what the new DC does, stay at 4-3 or return to 3-4? Whatever the scheme, Keim needs to get the right players to fit the new scheme instead of hoping guys can transition into those roles. He has plenty of cap room to bring in guys, hopefully he is not looking for basement bargain guys who come cheap either because they are always injured or over the hill. The holes on the team are obvious, (LB's, OL, WR & #2 CB), not sufficiently addressing these areas is going to seal his fate next year.

One thing is for sure, if we don't finish above .500 next year because of a busted draft and FA, Keim has to go, no more chances. Especially if he hires a proven coach and an upgraded coaching staff.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is what I know...

Josh Rosen
Mike Glennon
David Johnson
Jermaine Gresham
Ricky Seals-Jones
Christian Kirk
Chad Williams
Trent Sherfield
Pharoah Cooper
DJ Humphries
Mason Cole
Justin Pugh
Korey Cunningham
Joseph Barksdale
John Wetzel
Chandler Jones
Markus Golden
Bronson Mayowa
Corey Peters
Rodney Gunter
Olsen Pierre
Robert Nkemdiche
Haason Reddick
Deone Bucannon
Josh Bynes
Patrick Peterson
Budda Baker
DJ Swearinger
Antoine Bethea
Zane Gonzalez
Andy Lee
Our LS
Zeke Turner

These guys all are good enough to be on a 53 man, NFL roster. Are they all starters, no. But they all can fill roles.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You named 8 players on a 53 man roster. I don’t think “plenty” is an appropriately descriptive word to use there. Some nice highend or potentially high end talent, yes. Talent throughout? Ehhhh

The comment I was replying to said "Lack of Talent on the team." This isn't the Cards in Dave McGinnis's last year. I think the Cards in the past did a good job of having a deep team but no top-level talent.

Now, I think we have as much top-level talent as anyone in the NFL, but the "Belly of the team" got neglected or the risks we placed there (Iupati, Humphries, etc.) just didn't pan out.

There are plenty of fine depth players that fill out the roster. I apologize for not naming the top 20-30 players on the roster I'm fine with coming back next year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The comment I was replying to said "Lack of Talent on the team." This isn't the Cards in Dave McGinnis's last year. I think the Cards in the past did a good job of having a deep team but no top-level talent.

Now, I think we have as much top-level talent as anyone in the NFL, but the "Belly of the team" got neglected or the risks we placed there (Iupati, Humphries, etc.) just didn't pan out.

There are plenty of fine depth players that fill out the roster. I apologize for not naming the top 20-30 players on the roster I'm fine with coming back next year.
I got ya.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It would of been earth shattering to see the GM fired too just because of the logistics but it probably would of been the right move if you thought you could land a very high quality GM.

Personally I don't know that we have the horsepower to do this but if you can't do it when you have the number one pick and the cap room we do, you will never be able to do it.

It just didn't line up because of the re-upping of Kiem and not letting him go when they had the chance for cause.

Ok so now that it's Kiem, someone at least make sure to hire some OL talent evaluation into the organization cause organizationally we simply suck at this and we're never going anywhere until this is corrected.

I think we can make Kiem work at GM he has pluses but for the love of all that is holy please recognize your weaknesses and do something to address the OL. Please don't let Kiem just ego this one out or we will be doomed to yet more futulity.

Kiem is not that bad but he needs more than just being put on notice he needs to be evaluated and he needs to shore up defiient areas without just mouthing platitudes like it's on me.

Yes a lot of it is on you, however if you got overruled for the coaching staff then that's on Michael but both of you need to do some honest soul searching and fix whatever is broken.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great. Lame duck GM getting to pick new coach, use #1 pick when his first round picks have sucked, and gobble up all the cap space. Yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success. In no universe ever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm defending the decision to keep Keim over Wilks, because Bidwill was never going to fire both coming off of fresh contracts, despite what fans wanted/believed. That doesnt consider coordinators and position coaches who'll be canned, as well.

Given the circumstances, Bidwill made the right move. Plus, Bidwill is going to need to budget money to pay off Wilks along with getting a quality HC to replace him.
Short term decision with long term repercussions. This is the epitome of penny wise and pound foolish.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did any GMs get fired today along with the coaches?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

TJ

Reaction score
Here is what I know...

Josh Rosen
Mike Glennon
David Johnson
Jermaine Gresham
Ricky Seals-Jones
Christian Kirk
Chad Williams
Trent Sherfield
Pharoah Cooper
DJ Humphries
Mason Cole
Justin Pugh
Korey Cunningham
Joseph Barksdale
John Wetzel
Chandler Jones
Markus Golden
Bronson Mayowa
Corey Peters
Rodney Gunter
Olsen Pierre
Robert Nkemdiche
Haason Reddick
Deone Bucannon
Josh Bynes
Patrick Peterson
Budda Baker
DJ Swearinger
Antoine Bethea
Zane Gonzalez
Andy Lee
Our LS
Zeke Turner

These guys all are good enough to be on a 53 man, NFL roster. Are they all starters, no. But they all can fill roles.

That is the foundation for a playoff roster. Obviously, more needs to be added, but it's not like we're starting a franchise from scratch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard