Week 7 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 02/19/24-02/25/24

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i thought the 98.7 crew gave Mike a softball opening to address and put to bed all that transpired --- not in a point by point rebuttal....

but in a generic "the culture wasnt were it needed to be, i am responsible, we have made changes, we are in better shape now" kinda way and you move on to talking about the team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
On any year deal, even one.

Spotrac has his value at $14.8m per. Kirk signed for the Jags 2 years ago for $18m per with similar stats.

OBJ signed for $15m last year and he hasn't had a season over 537 yards since 2019.

I think it's unrealistic to expect he will get paid less than $15m. Which even last season would see him in WR19 territory.

The only caveat with Brown is him coming off a season mostly playing with Dobbs and whether than might affect his value.
Spotrac is garbage

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The same people who think we can't attract good FAs now seem to think we could last year with a broken QB.

Marry these two competing ideas for me.

Or is the idea that we won't because Monti has some ideological opposition to good players?
I mean the same people (you) who thought we couldn’t attract free agents to a team coming off a 3 win season thinks we can coming off two consecutive crap seasons. Being a fan has its inherent inconsistencies.

Personally I don’t think many posters believe we can’t attract free agents - that was you’re argument last offseason - rather we are skeptical that monti is going to pursue and land them. I think any top flight gm has a shot with even the best free agents.

gmartin

Reaction score
Sure but...how are you adding talent then?

FA is risky but you are signing established NFL players. The risk is that you have to pay these players more. The draft obviously comes with a low financial risk, but it is a crap shoot if these guys will work out.

and the reality is, two or three more offseasons like the last one, and Monti is probably fired. You can't gut your roster and then slow play the building of it. In the NFL you don't have the time to do that.
Hopefully someone tells Monti this:)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean the same people (you) who thought we couldn’t attract free agents to a team coming off a 3 win season thinks we can coming off two consecutive crap seasons. Being a fan has its inherent inconsistencies.

Personally I don’t think many posters believe we can’t attract free agents - that was you’re argument last offseason - rather we are skeptical that monti is going to pursue and land them. I think any top flight gm has a shot with even the best free agents.
This is nuts. Monti won't pursue and land any free agents? Any? Really?

gmartin

Reaction score
Michael Bidwill: "I'm very smart. Many people who are much more successful than I am tell me all the time about the very good and smart decisions I make."
Michael Bidwill: " Robert Craft has had a lot more succcess than me and he was impressed with Monti"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard