Yosuoh Nijman
Justin Jones
Sebastian Joseph-Day
Dj Wonnum
Dorance Armstrong
Cody Barton
Jeff Okudah
Chidobe Awuzie

No one would likely love it, but that is about the amount of actual NFL players the Cardinals need on their roster right now. It would bolster the roster, show that Monti wants to attack the mid range, mid length FA market, and then would put the onus on him to add premier talent in the draft.

Dude I do not need to see Hollywood Brown in a Cardinals uniform again.

Peoples-Jones doesn't do much for me but if Petzing signs off on him I guess.

Love Noah Fant as an immediate contributor and hedge on Higgins.

Love Wonnum or Armstrong; I don't know if both are going to be feasable.

Love Awuzie.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a fallacy. It presents a world where there are only top end FA signings and bottom end FA signings. In reality, there is a whole group of players in between.

Let's look at 2022.

James Conner - 3yrs, 21 mil. Good signing.
Cordarelle Paterson - 2yrs, 10.5 mil, Good signing.
Marcus Williams - 5yrs, 70 mil. Good signing.
Jordan Phillips - 1yr, 5mil. good signing.
ted Karras - 3ys, 18mil. good signing.
Alex Cappa - 4yrs, 40 mil. good signing.
BJ Hill - 3ys, 30 mil. Good signing.
Malik hooker - 2yrs, 8 mil. good signing.
Alex Anzalone - 1yrs, 2.25 mil. Good.
DeVondre Campbell - 5yrs, 50 mil. Good.
Maliek Collins - 2yrs, 17 mil. Good.
Zay Jones - 3rs, 21 mil. good.
Foye Oluokun - 3ys, 45 mil. good.
Justin Reid. good
Greald Everett. Good.
Brian Allen. good.
Notebloom. good.
Mostert. Good.
Conner Williams. Good.
harrison Phillips. good.
Jordan Hicks. good.

That is just going through Arizona to Minnesota. There are so many options to add talent, even if it isn't one of the 8 largest contracts. The risk is only what you make it.
Great post. Compelling and rich. Haha.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Love Awuzie.
I think there is a pretty high chance the Cardinals bring Hollywood back. Hopefully it will be as a #2/#3.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is a good list and a realistic one, though I think we sign a few scrubs too LOL
Agree and this list may be a bit overpriced as a group, but this is the volume of established NFL talent the Cardinals need to add this offseason. Middle range NFL FAs who have starting experience and decent production.

You can't head into your season with Garrett Williams as your #2 CB. It is questionable if you should have Clark as your #4. The Cardinals need to add 4 actual starting caliber defensive lineman. Ojulari, Collins and Gardeck can't be default starters. Your 2nd best WR can't be Michael Wilson or an equivalent. Your #2 TE can't be Elijah Higgins.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree and this list may be a bit overpriced as a group, but this is the volume of established NFL talent the Cardinals need to add this offseason. Middle range NFL FAs who have starting experience and decent production.

You can't head into your season with Garrett Williams as your #2 CB. It is questionable if you should have Clark as your #4. The Cardinals need to add 4 actual starting caliber defensive lineman. Ojulari, Collins and Gardeck can't be default starters. Your 2nd best WR can't be Michael Wilson or an equivalent. Your #2 TE can't be Elijah Higgins.
Great googly moogly this franchise has had a talent deficit for so long at the same flipping positions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Love Awuzie.
I am pretty sure I undersold the need at WR and DL but was just trying to put something down as an example.

There are some pairings I really like.

I like adding Awuzie and Okudah as a mix. Maybe Okudah figures it out, and maybe Williams or a draft pick beats him out but that is two NFL quality players.

Wonnum, Armstrong, and Huff are guys who might not get the deals they deserve which makes them interesting to me. Huff seems like a similar option as Reddick was if Gannon and Rallis liked that match. Maybe he can do more than he was doing for the Jets in terms of snaps.

I really like Fant and Risner. Risner is not great in the run game but he can pass block on the inside which I am ok with on a one year deal or so. They probably have to sign an OT unless they do like one of the guys they juggled around last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you trying to foist it on others, it seems like.

This team isn’t going to improve much by adding more Josh Woodses to the roster. You attacking posters assuming criticism that hasn’t been made yet of actions that haven’t been taken is wild.

I'm trying to foist it on others? Did you skip reading this board the last month?

You just posted yourself yesterday that you expect FA to be underwhelming.

What's wild is this selective memory you seem to have.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do, also, but there's literally nothing I've seen Hollywood Brown do in red that Rondale Moore and/or Greg Dortch can do for what will be 20% of the cost. He's not it.
I get it, but I can't see them leaving FA with Michael Wilson as their #1 WR or KJ Osborn or Josh Reynolds.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a fallacy. It presents a world where there are only top end FA signings and bottom end FA signings. In reality, there is a whole group of players in between.

Let's look at 2022.

James Conner - 3yrs, 21 mil. Good signing.
Cordarelle Paterson - 2yrs, 10.5 mil, Good signing.
Marcus Williams - 5yrs, 70 mil. Good signing.
Jordan Phillips - 1yr, 5mil. good signing.
ted Karras - 3ys, 18mil. good signing.
Alex Cappa - 4yrs, 40 mil. good signing.
BJ Hill - 3ys, 30 mil. Good signing.
Malik hooker - 2yrs, 8 mil. good signing.
Alex Anzalone - 1yrs, 2.25 mil. Good.
DeVondre Campbell - 5yrs, 50 mil. Good.
Maliek Collins - 2yrs, 17 mil. Good.
Zay Jones - 3rs, 21 mil. good.
Foye Oluokun - 3ys, 45 mil. good.
Justin Reid. good
Greald Everett. Good.
Brian Allen. good.
Notebloom. good.
Mostert. Good.
Conner Williams. Good.
harrison Phillips. good.
Jordan Hicks. good.

That is just going through Arizona to Minnesota. There are so many options to add talent, even if it isn't one of the 8 largest contracts. The risk is only what you make it.

I didn't pretend there wasn't a whole lot of other FA's. That's why I said "Big name moves" in my post.

Big name moves should be the best representation of free agency right? By definition, the market has decided these are the best players, yet they show an alarming bust rate. I wouldn't imagine the bust rate gets any better with less talented players, just less painful.

Now, your list is cherry picked to prove your point, but I'm going to confidently guess that for all those you listed that you consider good (and some of those are dubious) there are 5 times as many guys that were not. And I think most people here would not consider anyone on that list a "top FA signing", which is what people are asking for.

Your original post, that I was replying to, suggested that FA was really only a financial risk, but it's as much a talent risk as the draft. Players that were good for one team suck balls for another all the time.

At least with the draft you are getting young, malleable guys that you have done hours of work on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I were a GM, I'd be looking for the Conner type signings all day.

What I mean is productive veterans who aren't necessarily stars. I'd take swings at stars only if I was close to a Super Bowl or if they were young.

The irony being all the people now wanting more of the same completely destroyed Keim for Conners deal.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do we need to resign Hollywood with the #4 pick and 3 great WR's available?

Makes no sense. Hollywood is not a bad player, but he's not great and a complete waste of money if we are drafting a #1.

MHJ, Wilson, Rondale, Dortch, McBride is not really enhanced by adding Brown for $15m+ per.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm trying to foist it on others? Did you skip reading this board the last month?

You just posted yourself yesterday that you expect FA to be underwhelming.

What's wild is this selective memory you seem to have.

Yes. But that's not the assertion I'm disputing right now. No one is saying that Monti doesn't want to sign good players but you.

I get it, but I can't see them leaving FA with Michael Wilson as their #1 WR or KJ Osborn or Josh Reynolds.

I don't expect they think like that.

The irony being all the people now wanting more of the same completely destroyed Keim for Conners deal.

Conner's first deal was great. The second one remains very bad. No one was waiting to pay James Conner $7 million per year two years ago. If we hadn't paid James Conner last year the results would likely be very similar.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I didn't pretend there wasn't a whole lot of other FA's. That's why I said "Big name moves" in my post.

Big name moves should be the best representation of free agency right? By definition, the market has decided these are the best players, yet they show an alarming bust rate. I wouldn't imagine the bust rate gets any better with less talented players, just less painful.

Now, your list is cherry picked to prove your point, but I'm going to confidently guess that for all those you listed that you consider good (and some of those are dubious) there are 5 times as many guys that were not. And I think most people here would not consider anyone on that list a "top FA signing", which is what people are asking for.

Your original post, that I was replying to, suggested that FA was really only a financial risk, but it's as much a talent risk as the draft. Players that were good for one team suck balls for another all the time.

At least with the draft you are getting young, malleable guys that you have done hours of work on.
There is so much wrong in here.

No one is demanding or expecting "big name moves" so I don't understand who you are commenting to.

My list wasn't cherry picked...I literally went down team by team. I highlighted good signings just like you highlighted high dollar signings. Did I list some random guy for 1yr at 3 mil who didn't work out? No. Why would I? That is not impactful nor detrimental.

FA is a financial risk. Jordan Phillips was a terrible signing for AZ and then a good signing for Buffalo. The player and his talent didn't change. His contract and expectations did. Jordan Hicks was cut by AZ but was a good signing for Minnesota. Same thing. Overpriced in his final year in AZ and yet still a valuable NFL player. The talent is the talent. You even admit this when you say a player was good for one team and bad for another. The player is the same player. It is the contract, role and expectations that have changed (coaching as well).

I also laugh at your last statement. So many more risks with college players than NFL FAs. The difference is they just don't cost that much.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why do we need to resign Hollywood with the #4 pick and 3 great WR's available?

Makes no sense. Hollywood is not a bad player, but he's not great and a complete waste of money if we are drafting a #1.

MHJ, Wilson, Rondale, Dortch, McBride is not really enhanced by adding Brown for $15m+ per.
Yes, paying Brown 15 mil + on a multi year deal would be a mistake. Where have you seen that being projected?