Week 12 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 03/25/24-03/31/24

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
take it fwiw.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I could speculate that if the Cardinals trade down to 11 or 12 with Minnesota or Denver and can't or won't trade back up for one of the top three receivers, getting Tee Higgins from the Bengals for #27. He is most definitely an established young player.

In this scenario it is a fallback possibility if they don't end up with MHJ, Odunze, or Nabors.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I could speculate that if the Cardinals trade down to 11 or 12 with Minnesota or Denver and can't or won't trade back up for one of the top three receivers, getting Tee Higgins from the Bengals for #27. He is most definitely an established young player.

In this scenario it is a fallback possibility if they don't end up with MHJ, Odunze, or Nabors.
I don't want Higgins for 27. You should be able to get an equivalent prospect for that pick.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
There are still 3 Free Agents I would really like to see the Cards bring in, and at this point hopefully at a discount.

1. Tyler Boyd - We need a veteran WR. Boyd is a solid #2 on this team and could really help stabalize the WR room no matter how many rookies we bring in. 2 years ~ 16 mil?

2. Calais Campbell- Bring the big guy home. Hes still really productive, so its not a pity signing. We need pass rush and culture, Calais has those things, and since he never really wanted to leave AZ, he might be interested in coming back. 1 year ~ 8 mil?

3. Conner Williams- Now, I don't know why hes still not signed, but he was a top rated Center last year for the Dolphins, and is 26. He is going to be pricey, but we may be able to swoop in and snag him for less than anticipated. He can also play LG...but I would put Williams at OC and move Frohodlt into the open competition for the LG spot. 3 years ~ 30 mil?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are still 3 Free Agents I would really like to see the Cards bring in, and at this point hopefully at a discount.

1. Tyler Boyd - We need a veteran WR. Boyd is a solid #2 on this team and could really help stabalize the WR room no matter how many rookies we bring in. 2 years ~ 16 mil?

2. Calais Campbell- Bring the big guy home. Hes still really productive, so its not a pity signing. We need pass rush and culture, Calais has those things, and since he never really wanted to leave AZ, he might be interested in coming back. 1 year ~ 8 mil?

3. Conner Williams- Now, I don't know why hes still not signed, but he was a top rated Center last year for the Dolphins, and is 26. He is going to be pricey, but we may be able to swoop in and snag him for less than anticipated. He can also play LG...but I would put Williams at OC and move Frohodlt into the open competition for the LG spot. 3 years ~ 30 mil?
I'd be good with both of those and they would both very much help this team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Connor Williams tore his ACL in December and is going to miss a chunk of the season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
just an observation: Chuck Harris is the latest internet / media type to speculate on trading #27 for a player

its some oddly specific speculation and reminds me of similar takes leading up to when they traded for Hollywood in the 22 draft

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
just an observation: Chuck Harris is the latest internet / media type to speculate on trading #27 for a player

its some oddly specific speculation and reminds me of similar takes leading up to when they traded for Hollywood in the 22 draft
given how much they love their draft picks it would be surprising

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I just don't see it.

Monti continually preaches building through the draft and trading high picks for players is a move teams make that are SB challengers.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Brian Thomas says Hello.

Led the FBS with 17 receiving TDs. He played in all 13 games with 12 starts (68-1,177-17.3).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian Thomas says Hello.

Led the FBS with 17 receiving TDs. He played in all 13 games with 12 starts (68-1,177-17.3).

I was big on Thomas back when he was getting late 2nd or early 3rd talk. Lots to like there.

I wonder if he goes as high as people think though. His route tree at LSU was very limited, not sure I've seen him run much more than go and post routes.

I wonder if that might see him drop a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitchell go before him as he also has speed but much better route running.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I just don't see it.

Monti continually preaches building through the draft and trading high picks for players is a move teams make that are SB challengers.
maybe

we know that the parameters of the Hollywood trade were in place well before that draft. Gambo was talking about the Cards maybe trading their pick for a player in the weeks leading up to the draft

I find it odd that more than one person who covers the Cards has mentioned a trade as a possibility -- draft day trades for players just dont happen all that often

I find it very plausible that Mark Dalton is soft guiding his contacts that the trade is a possibility

gmartin

Reaction score
The other thing grinding my gears is trading down to get more picks for next year in a much weaker draft. Big brain stuff right there.
Yea, not to excited about trading this years picks for 25 or 26. With the Cardinals luck any team that trades us their #1 will win the super bowl that year. Look what happened with the Texans