Week 8 of the Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 02/26/24-03/03/24

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
FWIW Albright suggesting that Pat's trade down with QB hungry team. He thinks it's still likely Cards land MHJ otherwise we go OT.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he's going to get a long term deal. There should be a group of teams that line up to sign him now.

I don't think teams will be averse to giving him a 3 or 4 year deal, but I'm not sure they will be willing to pay him enough for him to want to sign a 3 or 4 year deal.

For a player to lock in the prime of their career long term they want to get paid paid and I don't see anyone giving him $20m per.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Bears are opposite Sweat again. Texans opposite Anderson. Bengals maybe with Hendrickson.

I can see something like 1 year $15m to a team he thinks he can eat at and get 12+ sacks and get paid next year.

Although, after his injury history there is a chance he might settle for security and take $15m per for multiple years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a great watch. Terry Crews is also great and a lot about his NFL career here but mostly about failure, hard work and perseverance.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This guy is a great athlete but incredibly lacking in technique, which is why his numbers aren’t stunning. If you’re okay with waiting 2-3 years to get top range performance he’s an option. Think project.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This guy is a great athlete but incredibly lacking in technique, which is why his numbers aren’t stunning. If you’re okay with waiting 2-3 years to get top range performance he’s an option. Think project.
yeah... but most rookies take some time... but generally they have one move they can show some success with while they get stronger and develop. I dont think we are positioned to get chop anyway...maybe at 27...
but IMO we would be better off with OT at 27...and Trice at 35...Trice has lots to offer and is an Arizona kid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The one caveat is that he produced a ton of pressures. Pressures indicate that he can get there, just needs a little bit of work to finish the job.

Chop has absolutely elite tools.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The one caveat is that he produced a ton of pressures. Pressures indicate that he can get there, just needs a little bit of work to finish the job.

Chop has absolutely elite tools.
Yup...teach him a couple moves and pressures start to become sacks...that half second matters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yup...teach him a couple moves and pressures start to become sacks...that half second matters
He was one of the leaders in pressures, agreed.

Bralen Trice was too, but I'm not as excited about him because he looks more like a guy who doesn't have elite tools so he will always come up just a little short. You can't teach bend and quicks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He was one of the leaders in pressures, agreed.

Bralen Trice was too, but I'm not as excited about him because he looks more like a guy who doesn't have elite tools so he will always come up just a little short. You can't teach bend and quicks.
I like Trice later... But I gotta admit some of it is because he is a local kid.. wouldn't pick him in the first though I don't think...
Still prefer IDL in the first over any of the edge guys.
Johnny Newton was consensus top 20 last summer before he had a tough season....then we find out he played most of the year with a Lis Franc injury... I think lots of teams will move him back into the top 20 with that info.... Increases our odds of getting Murphy

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Trice later... But I gotta admit some of it is because he is a local kid.. wouldn't pick him in the first though I don't think...
Still prefer IDL in the first over any of the edge guys.
Johnny Newton was consensus top 20 last summer before he had a tough season....then we find out he played most of the year with a Lis Franc injury... I think lots of teams will move him back into the top 20 with that info.... Increases our odds of getting Murphy
It's funny because Newton had a decent year, but I think scouts are looking at what he did and they don't think he can replicate what he did against college players vs pro players.

I look at Trice as a candidate for the Cardinals 2nd round pick. He's likely never going to be a double digit sack guy, but I think he has a long career as a sidekick pass rusher.

I watched a pretty thorough takedown of Michael Pennix Jr on YouTube. I don't think I'd touch him after watching that video LOL. It also really strengthened my belief that Odunze is a beast. He bailed out Pennix all year long. So many of Washington' biggest passing plays was Pennix heaving an inaccurate deep shot to Odunze, who bailed out his QB.