Week 5 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 02/05/24-02/11/24

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude, they have a fan problem, not a price problem.

We were 7-1 with the cheapest season tickets in the league and the stadium was packed with Green Bay fans.

I understand this is a primo opportunity for y'all darksiders to dump on the Org by pretending the economics of running a business don't exist and the Cards should be giving season tickets away, but the reality is your all just exposing yourself again for what you are.

What I know is that people like @Brian in Mesa and the other hardcore fans here that go to all the games will still be at the games. I may have missed it, but they don't seem to be the ones doing all the complaining.
Put your money where your mouth is. But season tickets and give them to cardinals fans. Otherwise get outta here already whining about the fans. These people giving up their season tickets have had it with subpar product. No one should be forced to buy anything from crap producers. At least they’ve doled out the money in the past to support the team. You’ve done nothing of the sort.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Easier to solve. Go back and look at my original post where I said my father is giving up his tickets he’s held since 1988 because ticket price went up 25%.

Or are you calling me and my father liars?

Last year. They haven't gone up this year as Brian just confirmed.
[/QUOTE]
Dude our father’s tickets went up TGIS year. What part of that are you not understanding?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. My Dad’s didn’t go up all that much last year, but this year they surged.

And we’re not talking bad seats. We’re talking 45 yard line, lower Bowl, Cardinals side. 25% markup on four tickets for an entire season…. After being awful at home and in general for half a decade. I think it’s short-sighted on his part, but I sure as hell can’t blame him or anyone else who told the Cards to go pound sand at this point, increase or not.

Ok, so were talking about the same 25% rise announced last year. Sounds like some went up last year, some this year, but not 2 consecutive 25% rises as being discussed.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I mean it's not just the money either, it's the ghastly amounts of time it takes to schlep back and forth to the stadium, and then parking, and then following all the little bullsh!t stadium protocols just to get to your seats, etc.

For people who aren't retired, the Cardinals are asking a lot in terms of time and money to support the team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean it's not just the money either, it's the ghastly amounts of time it takes to schlep back and forth to the stadium, and then parking, and then following all the little bullsh!t stadium protocols just to get to your seats, etc.

For people who aren't retired, the Cardinals are asking a lot in terms of time and money to support the team.
I dropped my tickets last year after 28 seasons. Yes, they went up a lot. But the game day experience has gotten progressively less fun. That was even more of a reason for me.

We are going halfsies with another couple. Hopefully we at least have a funner product that wins more next season. But all the corporate crap and hassle isn't changing.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dropped my tickets last year after 28 seasons. Yes, they went up a lot. But the game day experience has gotten progressively less fun. That was even more of a reason for me.

We are going halfsies with another couple. Hopefully we at least have a funner product that wins more next season. But all the corporate crap and hassle isn't changing.
As bad as Sun devil stadium was, the game day experience was great. Same for practice in Flag. They will never provide an adequate replacement experience. Yes, just my two cents worth…

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Love his comments about Fro.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Love the vibe from Hardy Drive these days. I can't remember a time when the locker room and FO were more unified. More focused on winning.

But, we need to win a minimum of 8 games next year or the players will start to tune JG out, and start to lose faith in MO!

Next year is such a big big year for this franchise!

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love the vibe from Hardy Drive these days. I can't remember a time when the locker room and FO were more unified. More focused on winning.

But, we need to win a minimum of 8 games next year or the players will start to tune JG out, and start to lose faith in MO.

Next year is such a big big year for this franchise.
I’ll add

It’s a big year for the franchise when we have a good year of entertaining football. I’m not sure it‘s tied to a specific win count.

I believe management, coaching, free agency, draft, off season practices, camp, preseason, regular season and this message board all factor into my experience as a fan of the Arizona Cardinals.

Last year was good and I have hope for the upcoming season.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know why he would come back here if he wants out of Philly. Went to temple and born in that area. Only chance for us is if he loves JG.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He shouldn’t cost much. Essentially 1 year left on his deal and he will cost 16 mil approx.

I imagine he wants a trade because he's underpaid and the Eagles can't afford to pay him any more.

He'll turn 30 when the season starts, my guess is he wants to get paid before it's too late.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I imagine he wants a trade because he's underpaid and the Eagles can't afford to pay him any more.

He'll turn 30 when the season starts, my guess is he wants to get paid before it's too late.
I am sure every player heading into the last year of their deal wants to get paid. If Reddick waits around to find a team willing to pay him a top deal, he probably doesn't move on from Philly except for a post June 1 cut.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought he was getting paid? What's he getting paid now?
He will make around 16 mil in 2024 with a cap hit of 21.8 for the Eagles. Eagles trade or cut Reddick pre June 1, they eat 20 mil in dead money and save about 1 mil vs the cap. Post June cut, 5.8 in dead money and save 16 mil against the cap this year. Not a ton of leverage for them.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Basically, this is the Eagles telling Reddick find someone to trade for you because we are making you a post June 1 cut if not.
I think that's a lot of conjecture. Reddick could be asking for a re-up before his 30th birthday and one last bite at the apple after four consecutive double-digit sack seasons. This is the downside of extending guys early/betting on the come with players: when they outperform their contract they want more.

Eagles are in a pickle because they have like $16 million in dead cap money in 2025 on that contract from voided years, and with a couple of system changes, Reddick might not be the centerpiece anymore.

Reddick would likely make more money as a free agent than he would in a trade.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thx, guys. I haven't ever studied all the things involved with contracts, dead cap, etc., etc. I don't understand any of it. I just know that, compared to me, he has made a lot of money. A lot of money. :( :)
I hope he gets what he's looking for. :>).