Week 5 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 02/05/24-02/11/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's kind of crazy that going 3-5 to end the season somehow froze out a "Monti can't even tank correctly" narrative that's sitting right there.

The goal as expressed by many was to be able to get a MHJ-caliber prospect with "a haul" for trading out of a top QB position. Now the perception at least is "at least we're still in range of this top prospect," even if we don't get the opportunity to accumulate additional capital.

It'll be interesting if we get come of two of the worst years in Cardinals history (we haven't had eight wins over two seasons since 1991-2 under Bugel, which he somehow survived) with an offensive tackle unlikely to start in a Pro Bowl and Rome Odunze (I think Monti would trade out of that spot, FWIW).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kind of crazy that going 3-5 to end the season somehow froze out a "Monti can't even tank correctly" narrative that's sitting right there.

The goal as expressed by many was to be able to get a MHJ-caliber prospect with "a haul" for trading out of a top QB position. Now the perception at least is "at least we're still in range of this top prospect," even if we don't get the opportunity to accumulate additional capital.

It'll be interesting if we get come of two of the worst years in Cardinals history (we haven't had eight wins over two seasons since 1991-2 under Bugel, which he somehow survived) with an offensive tackle unlikely to start in a Pro Bowl and Rome Odunze (I think Monti would trade out of that spot, FWIW).
:mulli:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score

Wild speculation here. First, how do you state that PJJ is "unlikely to start a Pro Bowl" after his rookie season? Equally, speculative is how you project Rome Odunze to the Cards on the basis of Lance Zierlein's mock draft in early February. Glass half empty perspective for sure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wild speculation here. First, how do you state that PJJ is "unlikely to start a Pro Bowl" after his rookie season? Equally, speculative is how you project Rome Odunze to the Cards on the basis of Lance Zierlein's mock draft in early February. Glass half empty perspective for sure.
What else is a message board for?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hopefully teams start thinking Drake Maye is elite because of his Florida A&M film like a few posters here think.

But overall I agree with your post about the "soft tank" Seemed like a half measure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, this pathetic franchise has finally pushed my Dad off the ledge. After owning Cardinals season tickets since the first preseason game in 1988, he’s giving up his tickets after they tried to jam a 25% price increase down his throat after being pretty much an abomination since 2017, especially at home.

This franchise is pathetic.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Welp, this pathetic franchise has finally pushed my Dad off the ledge. After owning Cardinals season tickets since the first preseason game in 1988, he’s giving up his tickets after they tried to jam a 25% price increase down his throat after being pretty much an abomination since 2017, especially at home.

This franchise is pathetic.
They increased prices again, or it wasn't worth it to renew after last season?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My understanding is that there have been wide spread price increases. I never bothered to listen to their new price for me though so I can't personally confirm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure… and there’s a lot of factors that go into this. all I know is they sent notices to renew and there was a 25% kicker to do so again. My dad hasn’t gone since my Mom got lung/heart cancer right before the pandemic and Bro not Ouchie has been selling them, thinking that he’ll go back after her battle is sadly done, but the product on the field and the increases put him over the edge and said he’s done and would never go back.

Which is sad. I had the privilege of going to games for over 30 years. They were a staple of our household. But I get it. Never would have been the same for him to go without my Mom. That said, I think he might regret it one day and it’s a short sighted decision. I just can’t believe they’re pushing price increases again. 25% is nuts for what they’ve made home fans suffer thru for half a decade.

Reaction score
Not sure… and there’s a lot of factors that go into this. all I know is they sent notices to renew and there was a 25% kicker to do so again. My dad hasn’t gone since my Mom got lung/heart cancer right before the pandemic and Bro not Ouchie has been selling them, thinking that he’ll go back after her battle is sadly done, but the product on the field and the increases put him over the edge and said he’s done and would never go back.

Which is sad. I had the privilege of going to games for over 30 years. They were a staple of our household. But I get it. Never would have been the same for him to go without my Mom. That said, I think he might regret it one day and it’s a short sighted decision. I just can’t believe they’re pushing price increases again. 25% is nuts for what they’ve made home fans suffer thru for half a decade.
The team needs to step up imo for season ticket holders like your dad that's been there since day 1 in Az. This is crap that the team does this. That's 36 years of loyalty.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Not sure about other seating areas but for my tix in ROH, it looks like pricing went up by a couple hundred bucks. However, there is also a 9th home game this year, so that may be the difference. I definitely did not see a 25% increase.