Week 7 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 02/19/24-02/25/24

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ability to Franchise Tag a player officially opened today:

Teams have until March 5th to tag players. Obviously who does and doesn't get tagged will affect who the Cardinals realistically can go after via Free Agency.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have never done multi quote so let's see if this works. It is a bit of both. I am excited to see what players they target because I am curious if we see a scheme adjustment. I don't really expect us to land many so I am more interested in the interest than who we actually sign but hopefully we can do both.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have never done multi quote so let's see if this works. It is a bit of both. I am excited to see what players they target because I am curious if we see a scheme adjustment. I don't really expect us to land many so I am more interested in the interest than who we actually sign but hopefully we can do both.
Didn't work.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Didn't work.
You have to click the "Insert Quotes" button after selecting multiple quotes. The button shows up next to the "Attach files" button.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
People always do this but then don't mention that they have to carry Hump's full cap charge and the relief doesn't come until June 1. What's the point then?

I think it's very likely that the Cards bring Hump's salary down to the minimum/$3 million (would save $12 million on the 2024 cap immediately), let him rehab with the team, and bring him in to see what happens in 2025. The cap impact is exactly the same.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
People always do this but then don't mention that they have to carry Hump's full cap charge and the relief doesn't come until June 1. What's the point then?

I think it's very likely that the Cards bring Hump's salary down to the minimum/$3 million (would save $12 million on the 2024 cap immediately), let him rehab with the team, and bring him in to see what happens in 2025. The cap impact is exactly the same.
I think they could designate him as a post June 1st cut and get instant relief. I believe that you can do that with up to 2 players.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson