Spurs @ Suns - 11-3-10, 7PM - FSAZ

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is encouraging to learn he is putting in additional work, hopefully it comes to fruition and he is able to contribute.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this scenario before, it looks to me their last desperate moves like a fish with a hook at its mouth.

I don't think so. Hedo looks a little slimmer and is obviously trying to avoid a repeat of his year in Toronto. As long as that's the case, management will probably insist on Gentry making it work. Hedo has always been a fairly smart player and the big knock about him on the court is that he sometimes takes plays, quarters, halfs and even nights off. But if he's fully focused on succeeding here I believe they'll find a scenario that works. My biggest concern all along is that it won't happen in time to save the season.

I'd like to see us move him back to the 3 and let him play alongside Warrick. A more traditional lineup of Nash, Richardson, Hedo, Warrick and Lopez gives us a little more size. Or play him in a lineup of Goran, Dudley, Hedo, Frye and Siler where his offense and playmaking would be a real plus.

AFAIC, the only way he gets traded is if another team comes calling and I can't really see that happening unless Orlando does it. I think shopping Hedo at this stage of the game makes Sarver look foolish and I'm not sure he'll allow that. No matter what they do though they're going to need to leave him out there and let the team learn to play together.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
JRich is a valuable commodity and so would Turkoglu if he fit there again.

I disagree about Turkoglu. I think his value, league-wide, is pretty negative. (After all, look at the low return the Raptors got for him.) If the Magic can make it work with him, more power to them, but they aren't going to pay more than market value for the privilege. JRichardson would be the sweetener to get the Magic to take on the burden of Turkoglu's contract.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Gotta find a way to get rid of him without dumping a very valuable contract, reason being I am actually very surprised how well the Suns are doing when their starting lineup is a complete mess with hedo in there at PF. It is quite frankly amazing. Blowing Utah out, actually staying close and competitive with the spurs, NOT getting blown out by 20+ vs the lakers on a back to back and actually keeping it single digit. To me this team has not been terrible when it SHOULD have been terrible and in fact has been pretty good given the circumstances.

This team could be one good trade from being a potential WCF team again, and even if you have a 5% chance of moving on to the Finals you take it IMO never know if the injury god gives the opponent a smashing of the "lose a key starter" hammer (I am not wishing for this just saying these things happen) or of course pulling the unlikely upset is always nice.

I think Warrick could be a good enough PF to put in there as a starter, but I would prefer trading hedo for a strong rebounder and defender PF. I don't see a desperate need for scoring at PF considering we are keeping games close with hedo doing 8 ppg from that position and he can't defend and rebound at all from that position.

Bringing Hedo off the bench doesn't solve anything, Dragic has been great with the ball handling duties and our bench has been fine without Hedo. Most of all though you don't pay someone that kind of money for them to come off the bench and play 20-25 minutes a game. God forbid if we bring him off the bench and he still doesn't contribute much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson