Spurs @ Suns - 11-3-10, 7PM - FSAZ

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs (2-1) at Suns (1-2)

This should be an interesting game. I am sure the Spurs have something to say to the Suns after last years playoffs. I am just curios if this game still has the emotional impact anymore? This is not the same team and many feel the Spurs are past their prime.

Will this game still have the same impact for you? Thoughts?

Just some higlights:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/Blog/PaulCoro/105982

By Paul Coro

The Suns own the Spurs. That sounds odd and entirely untrue. But if you ignore roster makeovers, the results would argue that they do. The Suns are the only with a winning all-time record against the Spurs (EDIT: besides the Lakers).

Just one thing, the guy who averaged 32.7 points and 11.3 rebounds against San Antonio during last year's regular season is not around any longer.

* This is another one of those games that makes the point of who would you rather have Turkoglu guarding -- a small forward or a power forward? He could get obliterated on the boards tonight

* Splitter, a 7-foot Brazilian center who was the Spanish League MVP, made his NBA debut Monday night after missing time with a calf strain. He gives the Spurs another guy who will provide blue-collar effort with skills and could ultimately start alongside Duncan.

* Gentry on the Spurs: "They're the same ol' Spurs. They're going to grab and hold and execute. You're going to have to get back with Tony Parker. Ginobili will be great. Tim is as solid as ever. You have to play extremely well to beat them. That's going to be the case any time you play a team Pop is coaching."

* Nash had his third highest head-to-head scoring average against the Spurs with 20.3 points per game. Only his averages against Sacramento (24.0) and (22.3) were better.

* The arena might have a playoff look to it tonight. The Suns are handing out 15,000 "KIA Tip-off Rally Towels."

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This should be an interesting game. I am sure the Spurs have something to say to the Suns after last years playoffs. I am just curios if this game still has the emotional impact anymore? This is not the same team and many feel the Spurs are past their prime.

Will this game still have the same impact for you? Thoughts?
I think the recent history between the Suns and Spurs still makes is more special to beat them than most other teams, even though it's waning.

Most excludes the Lakers, of course.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm more interested in seeing the team take positive steps forward, regardless of the opponent. Although beating the Spurs again would be sweet. ;)

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Improvement in team cohesion is what i am looking for tonight. Nash assist is still down- the fact that Parker is averaging more dimes than Nash right now says a lot about the on-court chemistry on this team.
Hopefully some adjustments will be made, like starting Warrick and moving Turks to the second unit. I trust that Nash and Gentry will eventually come up with something that works, Question will be; will it be good enough?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Counting the playoffs, the Suns have beaten the Spurs five straight times.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
whats going with atdhe? the video/audio is off..I see suns are on offense and i hear chants of defense!! :-/

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horrible shooting from teh Suns...only 29% so far. :rolleyes:

Nice airball by Frye. :rolleyes:

Suns tied at 17 with 2:44 left in the 1st quarter.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 turnovers by Spurs in 1st quarter and the Suns not taking advantage!!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 23-22 after the 1st quarter. Suns shooting 30% with 2/7 3 pointers, Spurs 46% with 1/5 3 pointers. :rolleyes:

Suns have committed 3 turnovers, Spurs 8.

Suns have 5 offensive rebounds, Spurs 4.

Suns have hit 6/6 free throws, Spurs have hit 2/2 free throws.

Just ugly basketball.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
lol Spurs fans are thinking; "MAN I HATE that Dragic dude!"

OT: WOW Nike please retire this commercial. Nobody cares what Lebron does...

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only freaking soft Fry's is tougher, the second unit would be awesome

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
WOW that was freaking sick Goran!

Dragic to Warrick is the new Nash to Amare (lol jk)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard