Suns @ Spurs Monday game thread 3-25-2024

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Again, this sounds crazy but this team missing the play-in all together is actually a realistic scenario.

Houston is sitting outside the play-in right now as the 11th seed at 35-35, but they've won 8 in a row. I think the Suns could possibly and legitimately go 0-10 to finish 42-40. Houston has 11 games left. Going 8-3 to finish could get them in.
It’s a very real possibility.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.png
    IMG_0075.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 2

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns deserve the loss. The defensive letdown and inability with Bol and Eubanks on court killed their momentum, and dug up a big hole together with TOs and lack of ball movement in late game again. KD was also involved in a couple lack of cover communications. RO should have been put in for either Allen or Gordon in late 4th, who couldn't hit anything all game long. Collins flops and sets moving screens without our players selling them to refs. Eubanks again caught for stupid clear moving scren, and was often out of position on D. Individual bad D is always contagious.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
when were losing and they pan on vogel he looks worried - not like concerned but frightened - like I hope they don't find the body in my car out in the parking lot scared

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
There is a real possibility the Suns lose 11 straight to finish the season.
That is a real possibility at this point,,,,the easy teams to beat are all behind us now.

Once again, too many turnovers which resulted in easy buckets for the Spurs. Terrible passing. The Sun's defensive paint was a open-house for the Spur's layup drills.

What pissed me off was Drew fouling and then waving his finger
for a challenge. WTH, he knew he fouled on that play and wasted a challenge because Vogel believed him. Drew plays like a total dumb-ass at times.

This game goes down as a pathetic, embarrassing loss.
Suns falling fast to the dark abyss...

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
how can you get that out coached - i mean everybody beats the spurs - pops just sat back and had a couple days - thought about our weaknesses and said hey big fella - how about you sit this one out so i can chess this checker playing hack with nothing but pawns - because im the freakin master

and now he gets to have that master talk with wemby - like if i can beat the suns with that roster imagine what i can do with you

but back to vogel - its painstakingly bad - coaches wait for him to make his subs and they counter - then the game resumes - this hurts my brain - not literally painful but it's like a pressure that starts in the temples pushing inwards creating like a light squeezing sensation? haven't really felt that since the ex-wife

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the video from that YouTube guy who routinely calls out Vogel's idiocy. His head may literally explode "Scanners" style while analyzing tonight's clown show.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nor their two pathetic leaders on the court.
are you saying you couldn't beat a wembyless spurs with kd and book? and our bench > theirs? because that is one pepsi challenge id love to take - i would've called a play while reminding them we only need 2 pts as a backup plan

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you saying you couldn't beat a wembyless spurs with kd and book? and our bench > theirs? because that is one pepsi challenge id love to take - i would've called a play while reminding them we only need 2 pts as a backup plan

We supposedly have two of the best shot makers in the entire league and you want the coach to stop play to let Popovich devise a defense?

They both missed wide open game winners. Against the most pathetic team in the league. And should KD and Booker need to be reminded they only need 2 points? They’re supposed to be elite players. The best of the best. It’s just as much on those two dogs as it is Vogel.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We supposedly have two of the best shot makers in the entire league and you want the coach to stop play to let Popovich devise a defense?

They both missed wide open game winners. Against the most pathetic team in the league. And should KD and Booker need to be reminded they only need 2 points? They’re supposed to be elite players. The best of the best. It’s just as much on those two dogs as it is Vogel.
can't argue with any of that - both went hero ball with bad shot selection - and instead of me arguing that's their natural killer instinct id argue this game shouldn't have been this close especially with book and kd's performance

again - i get it - and they both choked on the shot and they both didn't look for anyone streaking but i didn't see anyone streaking - just fully clothed men standing and watching - its what we do

this game was lost from the tip - pops told them we were soft - 2 of the past 3 games told them we were soft and our play told them we were soft - once nurk was gone it was driving practice for the spurs - and what did vogel do? he kept playing allen and gordon who both had bad nights - even tho book and kd were providing plenty offense

our max players lost the game at the end - and we should trust them - no doubt - but why was this even a game?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
can't argue with any of that - both went hero ball with bad shot selection - and instead of me arguing that's their natural killer instinct id argue this game shouldn't have been this close especially with book and kd's performance

again - i get it - and they both choked on the shot and they both didn't look for anyone streaking but i didn't see anyone streaking - just fully clothed men standing and watching - its what we do

this game was lost from the tip - pops told them we were soft - 2 of the past 3 games told them we were soft and our play told them we were soft - once nurk was gone it was driving practice for the spurs - and what did vogel do? he kept playing allen and gordon who both had bad nights - even tho book and kd were providing plenty offense

our max players lost the game at the end - and we should trust them - no doubt - but why was this even a game?
Because no one else could hit a damn shot and instead of playing some of the bench Vogels ******** rides guys who are playing terrible!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If we’re not contenders going forward does it really make sense to triple the luxury tax penalty by re-signing Grayson? He’s still just a role player who can be invisible at times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we’re not contenders going forward does it really make sense to triple the luxury tax penalty by re-signing Grayson? He’s still just a role player who can be invisible at times.
I’ve thought about this more than a couple times this season. Maybe it’s just to have a tradeable contract so that Isiah Thomas can triple down and make another bad trade in the future?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’ve thought about this more than a couple times this season. Maybe it’s just to have a tradeable contract so that Isiah Thomas can triple down and make another bad trade in the future?

Maybe they give it another run with a new coach if it’s still stale by next deadline…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they give it another run with a new coach if it’s still stale by next deadline…

That is what I expect to happen.

I also would not be at all surprised if Durant tries to force a trade this summer. I am certain that if we're still floundering at New Years next year that he will start rattling his sabre.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson