Suns @ Cavaliers, Monday 3-11-24

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meh! A much needed win against a very injured team. It could have easily gone the other way.
Ill take it but I'm gonna need to see more.

Ill stop beating the we need a PG drum cause even I'm getting sick of saying it lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Meh! A much needed win against a very injured team. It could have easily gone the other way.

Ill stop beating the we need a PG drum cause even I'm getting sick of saying it lol
It's too late to get one now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cavs were shooting 60% in the first half, and we dropped them to 47.6 for the game. in theory our defense got better in the second half.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Sophie needs to be on commentary during more games, especially when Annie is the color commentator. Annie is so dry and dull while Sophie is much more engaging. I hope Sophie makes it to Boston and/or Eddie is calling that game.

jajaja

Annie called KD, Garnet, it was funny. Sophie was back in the 'studio' calling the game yesterday, i don't think she'll make this one?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering how worthless the bench was this game it's a fortunate win.

In both the Celtics game and yesterday's game yes, they need to step up. Wtf is up with Gordon, he comes out saying he wanted more offensive touches in the beginning of the season, then goes to pass on a lot of three's, now to just outright sucking.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In both the Celtics game and yesterday's game yes, they need to step up. Wtf is up with Gordon, he comes out saying he wanted more offensive touches in the beginning of the season, then goes to pass on a lot of three's, now to just outright sucking.
IDK if he's in a shooting slump, but we need scoring from him. I hope he figures it out by playoff time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve grown to hate this too. Sometimes we get it, but there are too many where it seems he could just grab it but he slaps it instead, and it’s not infrequent that it starts a break for the other team. Really I just think eubanks sucks.

I grow frustrated with his backtaps, somewhat. But he's just so undersized and jumping from a standstill, he's still able to get up there and at least give us a chance at another possession. But about half the time he's just out of position as well, I'm not sure if it because of the rotations when we are small or what.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I grow frustrated with his backtaps, somewhat. But he's just so undersized and jumping from a standstill, he's still able to get up there and at least give us a chance at another possession. But about half the time he's just out of position as well, I'm not sure if it because of the rotations when we are small or what.

Nurk does back taps as well but his are more of a necessity because he's surrounded by opponents and can't secure the ball on his own. I wonder if Eubanks just sees Nurk do them and copies him without realizing why Nurkic does them. That seems to be all Eubanks does though and he doesn't have good aim like Nurkic. Big Nurk is really good at swatting it out to someone in a Suns jersey while Eubanks just swats.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Nurk does back taps as well but his are more of a necessity because he's surrounded by opponents and can't secure the ball on his own. I wonder if Eubanks just sees Nurk do them and copies him without realizing why Nurkic does them. That seems to be all Eubanks does though and he doesn't have good aim like Nurkic. Big Nurk is really good at swatting it out to someone in a Suns jersey while Eubanks just swats.
Totally agree. We really are not giving enough credit to how well Nurkic has played for us this year. I heard on ESPN Radio the other day, that statistically he is having one of his best years with us. Totally happy with him and don't miss Ayton at all. That being said, next season, we definitely should be shopping for a back up to him, and/or eventual replacement.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It could have been more of bad shooting by Cavs than good defense by us.
Did you watch the game? The first half was atrocious, but our defense was really good in the second half. I hate that people simply can't give credit where credit is due -- like the negative will always outweigh the positive.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Drew started doing them regularly against Denver, which we won, so my guess here is that he thinks that works, but it hasn't really worked all that much since that Denver game. Now we see them all the time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Also interesting thing I heard is that Nurk is Muslim, so he is observing Ramadan, so he hadn't eaten or drank anything all day before the game. Explains why he sat out the final parts of the game, he was probably a bit dehydrated.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
They kind of started hack-a-Nurk with Nurk's FT shooting tonight. Besides, we were having around a 6 pts lead, their main weapon would be PnR with Garland, and Nurk is more vulnerable there than Eubanks.
Eubanks was terrible in every facet at the end. He didn't guard anyone and gave up multiple offensive rebounds. Our lead vanished with him on the court.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Cleveland definitely seemed prepared for them as the game went on.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We’ve been an injured team all season don’t we deserve some breaks? Plus the so called very injured team just beat Boston as well, maybe just maybe the Cavs are a good team huh, like their record indicates. And some have been saying they playing better without Mitchell hogging the ball.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Eubanks was terrible in every facet at the end. He didn't guard anyone and gave up multiple offensive rebounds. Our lead vanished with him on the court.
This is usually true, but not yesterday. Eubanks was a +5 in 18 minutes (compared to Nurks' -3 in 29 mins), and if you look at the game flow (https://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20240311&game=PHOCLE) it was Nurk out on the floor when Phx loses the lead in the early 4th.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is usually true, but not yesterday. Eubanks was a +5 in 18 minutes (compared to Nurks' -3 in 29 mins), and if you look at the game flow (https://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20240311&game=PHOCLE) it was Nurk out on the floor when Phx loses the lead in the early 4th.
I was speaking to Eubanks on the floor at the end of the game, not the entirety of the game. He was particularly useless in the last 4-5 minutes, essentially guarding nobody and giving up multiple offense rebounds to Cleveland. He may have been the better player earlier in the game, but I was quite surprised to see him out there at the end.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Also interesting thing I heard is that Nurk is Muslim, so he is observing Ramadan, so he hadn't eaten or drank anything all day before the game. Explains why he sat out the final parts of the game, he was probably a bit dehydrated.
Similar fasting reasons is why Biyombo passed out during a game. I find it interesting too as I have gotten into fasting for health and weight loss reasons this year. I've even done as long as a 48 hour fast.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I was speaking to Eubanks on the floor at the end of the game, not the entirety of the game. He was particularly useless in the last 4-5 minutes, essentially guarding nobody and giving up multiple offense rebounds to Cleveland. He may have been the better player earlier in the game, but I was quite surprised to see him out there at the end.
Yeah, maybe that's fair. I'd have to rewatch to confirm, but my recollection was he actually did ok. Eubanks is more mobile than Nurk and was able to show harder on those pick and rolls with Darius and recover a bit quicker. Him and KD really helped to cool Garland off after that insane start.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? The first half was atrocious, but our defense was really good in the second half. I hate that people simply can't give credit where credit is due -- like the negative will always outweigh the positive.
I get that. They were missing their main scorer, and guys had to play different roles scoring. Sometimes they can't keep up the pace all game long. Just saying. Same thing happens to us when one of our main guys is out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Similar fasting reasons is why Biyombo passed out during a game. I find it interesting too as I have gotten into fasting for health and weight loss reasons this year. I've even done as long as a 48 hour fast.
I watched the post game, and Vogel said it was a strategic move. Nurkic was OK.