Spurs @ Suns - 11-3-10, 7PM - FSAZ

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice fast break alleyoop dunk from Nash to JRich. :)

Suns up 106-103 with 3:29 left in the 4th quarter.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Looking good! Normally I'd expect to go down in some weird way against the Spurs. But after last season, I just expect the Suns to come out on top.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nash is struggling with his shot. He's trying NOT to shoot but we're starting the old; 'everyone stand around and watch Steve dribble' strategy.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You idiots...don't allow Jefferson to shoot the 3 from that spot. :rolleyes:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice meltdown by the Suns offense late in the game again. :(

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horrible shot selection after the timeout. :rolleyes:

And we couldn't even foul the Spurs. :rolleyes:

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Disappointing. The last possessions were horrible and the Suns couldn't hit a shot.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Horrible shot selection after the timeout. :rolleyes:

And we couldn't even foul the Spurs. :rolleyes:

Not really it was a designed play to JRich and he was wide open, he just missed the shot.

2nd one wasn't the gratest idea but it looked like he was fouled.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh well, good game. Night all.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns lose 112-110. :(

Nash and horrible defense cost us this game. :(

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dragic should have closed out the game. Nash was over dribbling, missing shots, and causing turnovers. Dragic seemed to be running the pick and roll more effectively than Nash because the Spurs had to honor his outside shot as well as his ability to finish at the rim.

One thing that got me ticked off was Duncan's late block on Warrick. He did his patented push down on Warrick's hip with his off hand. He always did this to Stoudemire. It hinders the jump of the offensive player while boosting his own jump. It's so subtle and done with his off hand that the refs never call it.

I bet Eric (elindholm) is eating his words about Splitter. The guy looks like a sure-fire All Star.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Dare I say Nash is starting to finally look old...?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I bet Eric (elindholm) is eating his words about Splitter. The guy looks like a sure-fire All Star.

Good heavens, you must be joking.

However, even if you are -- and you must be; the more I think about it, the more I'm sure you must be -- someone isn't. So no, I'm not even close to eating my words. Splitter has very good footwork around the basket, but he's unathletic, too small to be a C, and nowhere near diverse enough in his offensive game to be a PF. He had two shots rejected (including one by Childress) and got away with one clear travel and another borderline one. All to post a whopping 7 and 3.

The most telling play involving Splitter tonight was when he had Frye alone in the post and didn't score. I immediately thought, "Wow, Splitter is the only big in the league who can't score on Frye at will."

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Start Hakim Warrick before its TOO friggin late.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lopez looked like the voo doo dude yall rock on here. If you doubt Nash, thats crazy. We have started a season with the deck stacked way against us. I am ok with our start, maybe even impressed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic should have closed out the game. Nash was over dribbling, missing shots, and causing turnovers. Dragic seemed to be running the pick and roll more effectively than Nash because the Spurs had to honor his outside shot as well as his ability to finish at the rim.

I was thinking this as well because Nash was clearly having an off game. However, if the Suns did not want to remove Nash perhaps they could have played Dragic with him at guard and slid JRich to SF. Anyway, Nash having an off game is not the Suns problem. He cannot carry the Suns my himself. Lopez seems to have regressed. Also Turkoglu and Frye are not carrying their weight.

Vellasco

Reaction score
There is no place for Hedo in this roster. Both for 1st and 2nd unit, both at SF or PF position, he is completely useless and your cap space eater. Lon Boby should find a way to solve this absurd situation before 1st trade deadline. There were several clubs willing to get him last summer. It seems Its better to part away for both parties asap.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was thinking this as well because Nash was clearly having an off game. However, if the Suns did not want to remove Nash perhaps they could have played Dragic with him at guard and slid JRich to SF. Anyway, Nash having an off game is not the Suns problem. He cannot carry the Suns my himself. Lopez seems to have regressed. Also Turkoglu and Frye are not carrying their weight.

Lopez and Nash miss Amare.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard