Lions at Cardinals gameday thread 9-27-20

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kyler is NOT calling the plays, the playcalling was stupid all day! Going to Hopkins was a given and then we just go away from it when he was open all day just plain stupid cute coaching trying to do too much!

That last throw was a Murray decision. They needed 9 and he decided he was getting bored and wanted to throw a deep ball.

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
your joking right? A young QB that’s not where he supposed to be?
Look, he should by now read a D and go trough his reads, today showcased that he doesn't. If you go trough your reads, you go with Hopkins instead of Fitz on the third INT and with Fitz instead of Hopkins on the 2nd INT.

A 2nd year QB shouldn't have this kind of rookie mistakes with the grounding.
A 2nd year QB shouldn't have problems to recognize a sure fire first down on a potential game winning drive.

Yes Murray does some things really good better than average joe NFL QB but a 3 TD 5 Int ratio is clearly not what you should see out of your 2nd year starting QB. End of story.

And many proclaimed him MVP so the "where" he should be is at least an above average QB which he was not today.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Your right, but in reality this team still has holes & reasons why it’s going to be tough to compete for a championship at this point.

1)Barely any defensive playmakers
2) suspect DC in Joseph
3) too many penalties
4) Kliff still miss manages situational football
I was talking about the fan reactions. Yeah, our team is not there yet.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This offense is just different when Murray decides to run the ball either by design or scramble. Not near enough of it today

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
kyler is NOT calling the plays, the playcalling was stupid all day! Going to Hopkins was a given and then we just go away from it when he was open all day just plain stupid cute coaching trying to do too much!

Label it as play calling all you want. The 2nd INT was a terrible decision to Fitzgerald (there was almost a 4th INT to Fitzgerald too). I can’t remember what the 3rd INT was at the moment... but we are starting off very similar to last year with not getting interceptions. I wish we got Todd Bowles back. TB Had 6 sacks and 2 INT today. Cleveland played Washington this week and intercepted Haskins 3 times, and I think their defense is inferior to ours.

Joseph’s blitzes rarely work, and when they don’t it’s always a huge gain. I’m sick of it.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Minshew lol ok keep smoking that good stuff... wow not even worth debating an opinion that ignorant...
787 yards vs 786
6 TD vs 4
3 INT vs 5
71.4 vs 64.1
60 vs 187
0 vs 4

Kyler is the better runner yes, but Gardner at the moment comes out atop as the better throwing QB after 3 games.

Kyler has more potential, but Gardner is better at the moment.

And I don't even like it that I have to state that Gardner at the moment looks like the better throwing QB, but from stats and game tape it would seem like it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You want to know what kind of defensive coordinator you have? Look at the end of the half & end of a game. We failed in both situations today & did as well numerous times last season! I was concerned even before today when we faced a quality QB against our defense. Starting MNF our defense & Joseph will probably be exposed for what it is...mediocre.

Liste, I’m not putting all the blame on Joseph but imo this team is not going nowhere with him as the DC.

Yes, the offense & turnovers played their part as well.
defense has played well today

defense ain’t our problem today

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You want to know what kind of defensive coordinator you have? Look at the end of the half & end of a game. We failed in both situations today & did as well numerous times last season! I was concerned even before today when we faced a quality QB against our defense. Starting MNF our defense & Joseph will probably be exposed for what it is...mediocre.

Liste, I’m not putting all the blame on Joseph but imo this team is going nowhere with him as the DC.

Oh played a part?

do me a quick favor look at how many times a team lost the turnover battle by at least 3 and won. I’ll wait.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your right, but in reality this team still has holes & reasons why it’s going to be tough to compete for a championship at this point.

1)Barely any defensive playmakers
2) suspect DC in Joseph
3) too many penalties
4) Kliff still miss manages situational football

Reality no one with any knowledge of NFL football would have ever said this t
787 yards vs 786
6 TD vs 4
3 INT vs 5
71.4 vs 64.1
60 vs 187
0 vs 4

Kyler is the better runner yes, but Gardner at the moment comes out atop as the better throwing QB after 3 games.

Kyler has more potential, but Gardner is better at the moment.

And I don't even like it that I have to state that Gardner at the moment looks like the better throwing QB, but from stats and game tape it would seem like it.

Sure you can have his 3 game stats after Murray had a bad day today lol that’s your argument? The 1-2 Jags QB is better because his 3 game stats are slightly ahead of Kyler after one of if not the worst games as a pro... laughable. Stafford and the Lions have always played the cards tough and they can always pass the ball our defense was a joke today when it mattered, bit just a talent thing our DC is terrible same as he was last year!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Liste, I’m not putting all the blame on Joseph but imo this team is going nowhere with him as the DC.

Kyler was setting the Lions up on our side of the field all game long. They had at least three drives that started in Cardinal territory. VJ’s defense isn’t great, but KM wasn’t doing them any favors

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
At this point Murray is Kaepernick but 6 inches shorter and 2-tenths faster in the 40. That’s it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is what everyone needs to know about Vance as a DC...his schemes and play-calling will never steal you a game. He isn't that level of a coach. It's like today. His defense played well enough but couldn't overcome three turnovers by the offense. He will get the talent that he has to play to their level, but he has never elevated anything.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Next step in our growth as a team is to get rid of him. This will probably be an off-season thing though. I want to win a championship and I don't see VJ being the defense coordinator to bring that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh played a part?

do me a quick favor look at how many times a team lost the turnover battle by at least 3 and won. I’ll wait.
Well, half of the negative turnover battle is that the defense had ZERO, so . . . yeah.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here is what everyone needs to know about Vance as a DC...his schemes and play-calling will never steal you a game. He isn't that level of a coach. It's like today. His defense played well enough but couldn't overcome three turnovers by the offense. He will get the talent that he has to play to their level, but he has never elevated anything.
Well, that’s a failure at the nfl level, no? This is the best of the best. If you can’t elevate them then the nfl isn’t your level.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Man, this board turns quick. We lose by a field goal and we are the worst team ever. If we pull out the win by a field goal, are 3-0 and ready to conquer the world. No minor ebb and flow here. It' all or nothing.
Fan is short for fanatic. Two weeks ago the Cards were world beaters based on the first 3 minutes of the game. There is often no rational thought to the discussions here.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next step in our growth as a team is to get rid of him. This will probably be an off-season thing though. I want to win a championship and I don't see VJ being the defense coordinator to bring that.
Weird. We hire the supposed innovative offensive mind in KK and then keep the bland VJ on the other side. Seems counterintuitive to any new philosophy. But, Keims gotta do Keim.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard