Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except our back ups aren't back ups Shane - they're back up back ups - and anytime someone points out any possible bad decisions made by this team we get told we don't understand football - is that an acceptable enough answer?
Have you considered that both answers are true at the same time?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s already said the talent on this team isn’t where it should/could be…. Everyone knew it. Everyone also knows that on any team when you Bring back ups in to play performance drops off. They are the back ups for a reason. Why are you asking questions you clearly already know the answer to?
But Shane this doesn’t take into account nuance. It’s too black and white. For instance, what do you think the drop off is from fotu to bench guy? It’s not the same as from jJ watt to bench guy. It’s increments. And likely small increments with a fotu scenario.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Have you considered that both answers are true at the same time?
Now this is rude, and it's exactly what I was talking about. You two stick up for horrible decisions and chalk it up to everyone else not being able to understand football - and you get so butthurt whenever anyone disagrees with Brit - lol what's up with that? And why must you insinuate others are stupid all the time? Because they disagree?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But Shane this doesn’t take into account nuance. It’s too black and white. For instance, what do you think the drop off is from fotu to bench guy? It’s not the same as from jJ watt to bench guy. It’s increments. And likely small increments with a fotu scenario.
I think the big issue is the last minute scratch of Fotu put the team in a bind. Sure it's not a big drop off but the fatigue of playing more snaps definitely hurt.

Like I said earlier, there were numerous issues for the collapse though. The DL was just one of many issues.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now this is rude, and it's exactly what I was talking about. You two stick up for horrible decisions and chalk it up to everyone else not being able to understand football - and you get so butthurt whenever anyone disagrees with Brit - lol what's up with that? And why must you insinuate others are stupid all the time? Because they disagree?
I don't know why you are being so uncivil. I'm literally saying you are both right.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't know why you are being so uncivil. I'm literally saying you are both right.
No, you're were saying I don't understand football and now you're suggesting I can't even comprehend when I'm being insulted

Think I'm done with this convo bro, go Cards

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the big issue is the last minute scratch of Fotu put the team in a bind. Sure it's not a big drop off but the fatigue of playing more snaps definitely hurt.

Like I said earlier, there were numerous issues for the collapse though. The DL was just one of many issues.

It's a cumulative effect.

DL is gassed (or playing 6th string guys) they aren't creating disruption in the run game or for the pass rush. That gives Jones more time to throw and let's them only keep 5 in pass pro. They can run more routes, we can double less. Jones has the time to pick us off. The DB's get pushed back, box gets lighter, now they can run it easier. So on and so forth.

There's one thing I know for certain. Had we won both games, or one of the games. Many of the same people complaining would still be complaining but about something else. They would be complaining about a "pointless victory" that hurt our draft stock and we were still only going to win a handful of games. Or something else.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
There's one thing I know for certain. Had we won both games, or one of the games. Many of the same people complaining would still be complaining but about something else. They would be complaining about a "pointless victory" that hurt our draft stock and we were still only going to win a handful of games. Or something else.
Name one

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jets. Falcons. Seahawks uniforms are an absolute albatross. Buccaneers uniforms are really bad with the cheesy fonts and ugly pewter.

The reds would look better with some stripes and the Arizona flag coming back.
The Jets home uniforms look fine. They may even look good!
You must be registered for see images attach

Not just no.

I disagreed with this post because the flag would look stupid on the reds. The all-reds look is bad and dumb, and it never should have existed in the first place. They look like a printing error.

The flag on the whites would've looked good.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's a cumulative effect.

DL is gassed (or playing 6th string guys) they aren't creating disruption in the run game or for the pass rush. That gives Jones more time to throw and let's them only keep 5 in pass pro. They can run more routes, we can double less. Jones has the time to pick us off. The DB's get pushed back, box gets lighter, now they can run it easier. So on and so forth.
I agree.
I think we all need some self reflection here. Let's stop these comments and reset. I know after I agreed with you about negative comments on Sunday, I regretted it later. There are a lot of legitimate reasons to be unhappy with this team. Some of us try to understand and explain it away because of reasons (legitimate or not) while others voice their complaints.

Let's all try our best to not say these things because they are meant to flame away at people. Let's flame away on stupid Seahawks fans instead.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Jets home uniforms look fine. They may even look good!
You must be registered for see images attach

I disagreed with this post because the flag would look stupid on the reds. The all-reds look is bad and dumb, and it never should have existed in the first place. They look like a printing error.

The flag on the whites would've looked good.
Eh I think those unis are super ugly.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team is too talent poor to fix with next year's draft. Not one unit on the defense has adequate talent. The WR unit is poor. Oline still has major issues on the interior. QB is a ? RB... how long can Conner last?

I appreciate how hard, and with how much heart, the team played in these first two games. But I don't see a lot of hope to compete next year or the year after. Caleb Williams isn't going to be some kind of Messiah.
Which is exactly why I root for wins. I know this attitude brings scorn and derision from certain factions of the board, but I refuse to change. Been following this team for too long to think any other way.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are not many native people from Arizona. Most people move here from another state and tend to bring their old team allegiances with them. Before the Cardinals moved to Arizona, the majority of locals at the time were Cowboys fans. So most often the Cardinals are the ugly stepchild for many locals. They will only root for the Cardinals when it doesn't affect their favorite team.

The long culture of losing that the Cardinals have had over multiple decades hasn't helped the situation either. For the casual Arizona fan, this team has been difficult to root for much of the time they have been here in Arizona.

It's really a weird situation here in Arizona. There are so many options for entertainment here in Arizona that wasting money to watch a bad team just isn't worth it for may locals.
Exactly. Fan comes from "fanatic" and fanatics don't change their thinking. The loyalties they developed as youths growing up somewhere else stick with them. The vast majority of NFL fans in the valley are like this:

"Sure! I like the Cardinals, I root for them and want them to win. But not against (Fill in favorite football team from where they moved from.)" They might buy Cards gear, they might even get season tickets. But they don't feel obligated to show up every single game when the team sucks. Or, even when the team is good.

Cardinals fanship in the Valley is light years improved from the 90s. When people openly hated on them, on the radio shows even, and openly wanted them to move. Another 30 years, and it will be better than now. Especially if they ever won a Super Bowl.

I gave up my season tickets this year after 29 years. That was in 1994. The years before that, when times were a little leaner, I would go to two or three games a season. I wasn't a more hard core fan the day I got season tickets. I am also not less of a hard core fan because I let them go. I have bought tickets to the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers games for this year through my wife's work offering them.

But, I will admit, I was very happy I was not at the Giants game. First half, I was like "Wow! That would be so much fun to see these Giants fans leave sad!" At the end? "Thank God I don't have to be there for that heartbreak, and the Giants fans rubbing it in!' Been there, done that, God only knows how many times (like Philly, Tampa and SD last year).

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This loss still hurts and im sooooo dreading cowgirls/cowboys gm.... especially there annoying ass fans in cards house :(
With all my heart soul please dont f up the draft cards..... pass on caleb or trade num 1 pick be a card thing to do

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This loss still hurts and im sooooo dreading cowgirls/cowboys gm.... especially there annoying ass fans in cards house :(
With all my heart soul please dont f up the draft cards..... pass on caleb or trade num 1 pick be a card thing to do
Even when their team is bad they are arrogant pricks. But, when they are actually really good? The WORST. They will make the Giants fans seem polite by comparison.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Exactly. Fan comes from "fanatic" and fanatics don't change their thinking. The loyalties they developed as youths growing up somewhere else stick with them. The vast majority of NFL fans in the valley are like this:

"Sure! I like the Cardinals, I root for them and want them to win. But not against (Fill in favorite football team from where they moved from.)" They might buy Cards gear, they might even get season tickets. But they don't feel obligated to show up every single game when the team sucks. Or, even when the team is good.

Cardinals fanship in the Valley is light years improved from the 90s. When people openly hated on them, on the radio shows even, and openly wanted them to move. Another 30 years, and it will be better than now. Especially if they ever won a Super Bowl.

I gave up my season tickets this year after 29 years. That was in 1994. The years before that, when times were a little leaner, I would go to two or three games a season. I wasn't a more hard core fan the day I got season tickets. I am also not less of a hard core fan because I let them go. I have bought tickets to the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers games for this year through my wife's work offering them.

But, I will admit, I was very happy I was not at the Giants game. First half, I was like "Wow! That would be so much fun to see these Giants fans leave sad!" At the end? "Thank God I don't have to be there for that heartbreak, and the Giants fans rubbing it in!' Been there, done that, God only knows how many times (like Philly, Tampa and SD last year).
Similar to you, I purchased Cardinal season tickets in 1995, and did not renew them this season, for many reasons. I grew up in Detroit and have always been a Lions fan, but I also always wanted season tickets. I gradually became a more serious Cardinal fan than Lions fan and really enjoyed the games, even in the worst seasons.

I think because most people in Phoenix are from another city, they never give up their old allegiances. I seriously dispute those on this board who criticize ticket holders who sell their tickets, or root for the visitor. This is expensive entertainment, especially for the lower-level seats we eventually moved down to. It is not an all or nothing investment. There is nothing wrong with recouping part of the investment or sitting next to a fan of the other team, since again, this is just expensive entertainment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to you, I purchased Cardinal season tickets in 1995, and did not renew them this season, for many reasons. I grew up in Detroit and have always been a Lions fan, but I also always wanted season tickets. I gradually became a more serious Cardinal fan than Lions fan and really enjoyed the games, even in the worst seasons.

I think because most people in Phoenix are from another city, they never give up their old allegiances. I seriously dispute those on this board who criticize ticket holders who sell their tickets, or root for the visitor. This is expensive entertainment, especially for the lower-level seats we eventually moved down to. It is not an all or nothing investment. There is nothing wrong with recouping part of the investment or sitting next to a fan of the other team, since again, this is just expensive entertainment.
Yes. My first season tickets, in the lower bowl at SDS, cost me $500. This year, I was being asked to pay over 4K for similar area seats. And increase in price of about 800%. That has gone up way higher than my income over that time! And this is for, IMO (as I have written in other posts), LOWER quality game and fan experience.

Last edited: