Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First home game for the coaching staff

So many questions swirling around this team

Will Dobbs improve over last week or continue to be really bad?

Can the offense score TD's and not settle for FG's?

Collier out on D, will that affect the pass rush?

I have to believe that the Giants will be fired up after last weeks big loss

This could get ugly

With turnovers it could be a close game

Looking for more hard hitting by the D and some sustained drives for the offense

Let's see which young players stand out today

Go Cardinals!

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am still playing the long game here (setting the foundation through the draft in 2024).

That being said, I loved the play of the no name (basically - only 1 "star" in Budda) defense and want to see more of it.

If JG can keep games close with this defense, add a couple of impact players and some better quality next year...we should be in very good shape on that side of the ball in 2024/beyond.

Offense - we are still a LONG way from where we need to be.

Who will be our franchise QB - Kyler or #1 pick?
MHJ would be amazing.
PJJ is going to be a solid pro.

Pretty much everything else needs to be addressed and the jury is still out of Petzing (not sure I trust him with a rookie #1 pick).

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Screw next year chatter, this is a defining moment for this new team and staff.

Are we the same old Cards or not?

The same old Cards would make me wish I wasn’t a fan. Prove to me something about this team and coaching staff is different. GIVE ME HOPE as I need it desperately.

Now get your butts out on our home field and be a tough bunch of footballers…

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I honestly expect us to win today. I think the Giants suck worse than we do and we'll win an ugly game 16-10.

Giants going to draft Caleb Williams. :)
It's scary to think there are a few teams, with decent talent, who could pull off a tank, on the sly...Rams, Giants, Vikings. Rams, though, seem to be playing to win. If Giants lose today, they will probably lose the next 4, based on their schedule.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Screw next year chatter, this is a defining moment for this new team and staff.

Are we the same old Cards or not?

The same old Cards would make me wish I wasn’t a fan. Prove to me something about this team and coaching staff is different. GIVE ME HOPE as I need it desperately.

Now get your butts out on our home field and be a tough bunch of footballers…
They’re not the same old Cards. The old Cards rarely played up to their talent level, often because of lousy coaching. The defense played above their believed talent last week. The problem is, admitted or not, this team is tanking. Almost all reputable talent evaluators believe this to be the weakest roster in the league. They’ll likely steal a game here and there, but the Giants skill players make that unlikely this week.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's scary to think there are a few teams, with decent talent, who could pull off a tank, on the sly...Rams, Giants, Vikings. Rams, though, seem to be playing to win. If Giants lose today, they will probably lose the next 4, based on their schedule.

100%. If the giants lose today, they're done for 2023, and the knives will come out in the big apple. Going to be really, really ugly.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
To the tankers...

If we were really and truly tanking, why would we, at the 11th hour, burn a fifth on Dobbs?

Why wouldn't stay with a cooked McCoy? Or fire the rook out there and save the draft capital?

Because they secretly think Tune (or McCoy) could win more games than Dobbs? Is the deception really going to "Area 51" levels, and they used draft capital to lose games? :) Come on man...

We're not tanking. They tore down the roster for sure, but the intent is to still to try to win as many games as possible.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
To the tankers...

If we were really and truly tanking, why would we, at the 11th hour, burn a fifth on Dobbs?

Why wouldn't stay with a cooked McCoy? Or fire the rook out there and save the draft capital?

Because they secretly think Tune (or McCoy) could win more games than Dobbs? Is the deception really going to "Area 51" levels, and they used draft capital to lose games? :) Come on man...

We're not tanking. They tore down the roster for sure, but the intent is to still to try to win as many games as possible.
Absolutely agree we'll try and win every game - with coaching staff and players giving 100%

I don't think anyone is disputing that

As far as actually winning tho? With this roster?

Fortune would really have to smile upon us, we'd have to get down right lucky

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
but the intent is to still to try to win as many games as possible.

Why though?

How does winning with this roster help us next year?

How do teams rebuild? Through the draft and then FA. Lions, Jaguars, and Bengals are great examples.

Our roster is the worst in the league. You simply can't build a championship team being mediocre (especially starting with this roster and a top paid QB).

I hate to burst your bubble...we are tanking.

If we are not - then I question my own fandom with this organization. And I am 100% :koolaid:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We are going to make Daniel freaking Jones look like a superstar today. Oof!
Mmmmmm ..let's see who's playing OL for the Giants. It's possible they will be worse than what the Cards faced in Washington.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson