Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-17-23

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simple they not really trying to win lol… multiple games we have marched eighth down the field and scored now with first drive looking great mixing it up under center etc. we score then go totally away from it to shotgun and start playing around. More evaluation going on than trying to win imho…
Also what is with complete lack of play action passes with that running game?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s both. These WRs aren’t helping much.

Yesterday Hollywood barely played, so Wilson was picking up CB1 coverage most of the game. So that didn't help.

Do we have the best WR's in the league? Nope. Do we have WR's that are better than what Kyler is giving them? Yes we do.

Both Hollywood and Wilson had over 90 yards each with Josh Dobbs in the first Niners game.

Kyler can't throw on time and in rhythm. Nearly every pass I recall yesterday was to a wide open guy that was schemed open. Especially McBride. There were a couple of throws where McBride saved Kylers ass on throws that were off target that were easy throws. The only pass I recall that wasn't wide open was the TD to Higgings and that was still pretty open.

Basically, unless either outside receiver can get wide ass open against the best cornerbacks the opposition have they have no chance. Kyler isn't going to find you on a back shoulder throw or an out route that requires timing, or the other 90% of passes that WR's rely on that require timing and accurate ball placement.

Being successful at WR isn't about beating your man by 3 yards so Kyler can find you wide open. It's running routes that require your QB to deliver the ball on time and in the right place because the offense has the advantage in knowing where the ball is going. And Kyler simply isn't, or can't or doesn't trust himself to do that.

Maybe it's a result of lack of practice and not having an offseason to build trust, but he's played with Hollywood for years and there has been little evidence of Kyler being able to do this in previous seasons.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yesterday Hollywood barely played, so Wilson was picking up CB1 coverage most of the game. So that didn't help.

Do we have the best WR's in the league? Nope. Do we have WR's that are better than what Kyler is giving them? Yes we do.

Both Hollywood and Wilson had over 90 yards each with Josh Dobbs in the first Niners game.

Kyler can't throw on time and in rhythm. Nearly every pass I recall yesterday was to a wide open guy that was schemed open. Especially McBride. There were a couple of throws where McBride saved Kylers ass on throws that were off target that were easy throws. The only pass I recall that wasn't wide open was the TD to Higgings and that was still pretty open.

Basically, unless either outside receiver can get wide ass open against the best cornerbacks the opposition have they have no chance. Kyler isn't going to find you on a back shoulder throw or an out route that requires timing, or the other 90% of passes that WR's rely on that require timing and accurate ball placement.

Being successful at WR isn't about beating your man by 3 yards so Kyler can find you wide open. It's running routes that require your QB to deliver the ball on time and in the right place because the offense has the advantage in knowing where the ball is going. And Kyler simply isn't, or can't or doesn't trust himself to do that.

Maybe it's a result of lack of practice and not having an offseason to build trust, but he's played with Hollywood for years and there has been little evidence of Kyler being able to do this in previous seasons.
This. All of this. Especially the bolded, which is his biggest problem.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

It’s the accuracy.

And our receivers are god awful. There’s countless metrics out there showing our receivers are among the worst in the league at separation.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Anyone who thinks our receivers are playing at an acceptable level has Kyler Derangement Syndrome.

Kyler's splits with/without Hopkins do not paint a pretty picture.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could just tell we were going to come away with zero relying on K1 in the red zone vs Prater anywhere on the field.
Okay, but it is still 2 TDs v TD and FG to tie. I have not been happy with many of his 4th down and extra point decisions this year. But that one was a no brainier. Every single NFL coach would have done it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks our receivers are playing at an acceptable level has Kyler Derangement Syndrome.

Kyler's splits with/without Hopkins do not paint a pretty picture.
KYler has had zero chemistry with every WR not named Hopkins in his entire career. Some of that blame falls on Kyler (though of course not all of it)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Maybe I am in my feelings right now and not remembering his connections with Brown and Kirk. Fair points.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Maybe I am in my feelings right now and not remembering his connections with Brown and Kirk. Fair points.
That’s the really disturbing part of Kyler right now. If Dobbs could find those guys in the first half of the season, what does it say about Kyler who’s making them seem like complete and utter ghosts?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson