Cardinals at Eagles gameday thread 12-31-23

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking promising going into Philly

They need a win here and we are struggling and that's the nice way of putting it

Oline is going to get tested today

Still not sure if KM is playing

If not it's Tune time and it could get ugly

Defense has to key on Hurts running or he will have a field day

Secondary has been really tested with the Dline having so many backups playing and getting very little pressure

Can we force turnovers and get some points off them?

Go Cardinals!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals at Eagles

QB Kyler Murray (illness) is listed as questionable, but the Cardinals believe he will play. They will play without DT Leki Fotu (hand), DE Jonathan Ledbetter (knee), and LB Trevor Nowaske (not injury related - travel). LB Owen Pappoe (ankle), CB Bobby Price (quadricep), and CB Garrett Williams (knee) are also in the questionable group.

CB Darius Slay (knee) remains out for the Eagles. LB Zach Cunningham (knee) and TE Albert Okwuegbunam (hamstring) are their questionable players.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are following this novel, the Eagles are going to completely befuddle Murray. Kyler will have some highlight plays but just as many underwhelming ones.
We’ll compete for 1/2 the game, wear down and then add some irrelevant stats in the 4 th quarter.

We will carry on next week on why Kyler sucks and should leave and why Kyler doesn’t have a decent wr.

Eagles-27
Cards 18

Wash, rinse, repeat.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think this game will be much closer than many are predicting. Eagles could pull away, late, but this might go down to the wire.

Eagles defense has given up just 4 fewer TDs than Cards defense (48-44).

Eagles passing defense is ranked 27th, to 12th for Cards.

Rushing defense is the Eagles strong suit, however we've watched the Cards run against pretty much everyone...even against better defenses than the Eagles.

Eagles are 30th in red zone defense...and the Cards usually have no problem getting inside the opponents 20. Cards are 24th in RZ defense.

Both teams suck at 3rd down defense...30th and 32nd, respectively.

Eagles also are a -7 turnover ratio, to the Cards -1.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well well well, I checked my local broadcast and low and below the Philly/Cards game appears.

Thank you Dallas for playing last night. Thank you Kansas City for being a late game.

I get to watch a game on a local broadcast, priceless…

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think this game will be much closer than many are predicting. Eagles could pull away, late, but this might go down to the wire.

Eagles defense has given up just 4 fewer TDs than Cards defense (48-44).

Eagles passing defense is ranked 27th, to 12th for Cards.

Rushing defense is the Eagles strong suit, however we've watched the Cards run against pretty much everyone...even against better defenses than the Eagles.

Eagles are 30th in red zone defense...and the Cards usually have no problem getting inside the opponents 20. Cards are 24th in RZ defense.

Both teams suck at 3rd down defense...30th and 32nd, respectively.

Eagles also are a -7 turnover ratio, to the Cards -1.

I heard a crazy stat that Cardinals are #1 in RZ offense since Kyler got back? That doesn't sound right.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Healthy scratch.

Remember when Thomas and Sanders were part of the new uniform unveiling? Good times.
I don't know if the added weight affected his play or he doesnt fit the scheme
Really disappointed year, i did expect him being a contributor this year, invisibile
Likely a next cut at this point....

Last edited:

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals will have a great td scoring drive early, a bunch of 3 and outs mixed in with a couple Prater 55 to 60 yard fgs, and a touchdown pass from Murray to McBride late when the game is out of reach. And the announcing team will say, “For a 3 win team, they play hard and don’t quit!”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe there is still any part of me that is excited for these games, yet… here I am… in my Cardinals shirt, looking forward to watching a total pounding, with my Dad… for some reason.