Giants at the Cardinals gameday thread 9-17-23

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If they wear blue (or fill-in-the-blank other team's colors) for one game and red for all the rest then they are an opposing fan, IMHO. Especially when they call that one team "their REAL team." Get out of here with that hot garbage. (them, not you)
Again, if they aren’t sitting there, who is? A cardinals fan who already isn’t buying those seats? Nope it’s an opposing fan. Some fans do cheer for multiple teams. At least your angry guy when they show up in red. I hope.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought only Watkins left the game injured? Did another defensive linemen get hurt mid game?

If you are talking about the preceding week, that is a roster management issue. If your active roster can't handle one player going down during a game because it impacts your snap counts for that position, you should carry more players.

And when your having to give significant snaps to your 5th and 6th DL how does that normally work out performance wise?

Are you suggesting we could elevate those guys and expect the same level of performance?

The options were, ride the better but gassed guys or play the worse less gassed guys. The end result is the same. A decline in 2nd half performance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lack of understanding how seasons tickets works is disturbing. If anyone that was going to sell their season tickets no longer bought season tickets guess what would happen? Opposing fans would buy them. It’s not like magically some cardinal fans would appear that weren’t getting the option to buy them before becasue of season ticket holders.

As for BIMs anger about those that wear red for 16 games and blue for one - I get it - but at least they’re wearing red for those other 16 games. Know who would be sitting in those seats if it wasn’t them? Opposing fans.

There are only 65,000 Cardinals fans in a state with over 7m people?

I don't know how it works there, but here there is normally a waiting list of fans wanting season tickets and when someone gives one up another takes their place.

Any fan that buys a season ticket should go to games. Like @Brian in Mesa and others do. Come rain or shine. Fans have a role to play in winning and those that complain they don't go because the product isn't good enough are contributing to that product not being good enough. They also ruin the experience for committed fans like Brian because they have to suffer being surrounded by opposing fans all the time. Sometimes being a minority in their own stadium.

It's BS anyway, it's nothing to do with the product. Even when we were 7-0 in 2021 and playing a crucial home game the fans sold out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And when your having to give significant snaps to your 5th and 6th DL how does that normally work out performance wise?

Are you suggesting we could elevate those guys and expect the same level of performance?

The options were, ride the better but gassed guys or play the worse less gassed guys. The end result is the same. A decline in 2nd half performance.
Ok. So, not a valid excuse. Teams have to deal with these types of issues multiple times per year. The Cardinals are no different. Not an excuse to give up a 21 point lead in the second half to a bad Giants team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don't know how it works there, but here there is normally a waiting list of fans wanting season tickets and when someone gives one up another takes their place.

Any fan that buys a season ticket should go to games. Like @Brian in Mesa and others do. Come rain or shine. Fans have a role to play in winning and those that complain they don't go because the product isn't good enough are contributing to that product not being good enough. They also ruin the experience for committed fans like Brian because they have to suffer being surrounded by opposing fans all the time. Sometimes being a minority in their own stadium.

It's BS anyway, it's nothing to do with the product. Even when we were 7-0 in 2021 and playing a crucial home game the fans sold out.
I’m going to end my side of this conversation with these thoughts and you can do with them what you will:

No, there isn’t a waitlist. Not for many many pro sports teams in the US. In many pro cities there are massive competition for entertainment dollars (up to four professional teams, golf, cinema, etc). The bad teams that may have such a waitlist are rare, but do exist (like the commanders, though pre-Snyder they were good; or the browns).

And blaming the fans for the product on the field is just lame. Good teams win on the road. How in the world do they overcome playing in front of opposing fans? The only thing that fans can control is noise level. In the scheme of things that matter most to winning and losing that’s likely #99 on a list of 1-100. Daves can provide data that shows that home field advantage really doesn’t play a role in games any longer, so the argument that the fans impact the level of play falls pretty flat.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m going to end my side of this conversation with these thoughts and you can do with them what you will:

No, there isn’t a waitlist. Not for many many pro sports teams in the US. In many pro cities there are massive competition for entertainment dollars (up to four professional teams, golf, cinema, etc). The bad teams that may have such a waitlist are rare, but do exist (like the commanders, though pre-Snyder they were good; or the browns).

And blaming the fans for the product on the field is just lame. Good teams win on the road. How in the world do they overcome playing in front of opposing fans? The only thing that fans can control is noise level. In the scheme of things that matter most to winning and losing that’s likely #99 on a list of 1-100. Daves can provide data that shows that home field advantage really doesn’t play a role in games any longer, so the argument that the fans impact the level of play falls pretty flat.
I think it's hard for someone in the UK to understand America unless they've lived here for a while. We have like 11 or 12 states larger than the UK. That means there are a lot more nature activities to do. And the population means may more leisure activities as well.

Arizona is FILLED with transplants. I know other places like LA have the same issue, but all of those transplants means they brought loyalties with them. I am moving to Charlotte next year and I bet natives will be annoyed that I am not a Panthers fan.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Are you suggesting there's a lack of talent on this infallible football team?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are not many native people from Arizona. Most people move here from another state and tend to bring their old team allegiances with them. Before the Cardinals moved to Arizona, the majority of locals at the time were Cowboys fans. So most often the Cardinals are the ugly stepchild for many locals. They will only root for the Cardinals when it doesn't affect their favorite team.

The long culture of losing that the Cardinals have had over multiple decades hasn't helped the situation either. For the casual Arizona fan, this team has been difficult to root for much of the time they have been here in Arizona.

It's really a weird situation here in Arizona. There are so many options for entertainment here in Arizona that wasting money to watch a bad team just isn't worth it for may locals.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting there's a lack of talent on this infallible football team?
He’s already said the talent on this team isn’t where it should/could be…. Everyone knew it. Everyone also knows that on any team when you Bring back ups in to play performance drops off. They are the back ups for a reason. Why are you asking questions you clearly already know the answer to?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s already said the talent on this team isn’t where it should/could be…. Everyone knew it. Everyone also knows that on any team when you Bring back ups in to play performance drops off. They are the back ups for a reason. Why are you asking questions you clearly already know the answer to?
I think he was joking?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Except our back ups aren't back ups Shane - they're back up back ups - and anytime someone points out any possible bad decisions made by this team we get told we don't understand football - is that an acceptable enough answer?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except our back ups aren't back ups Shane - they're back up back ups - and anytime someone points out any possible bad decisions made by this team we get told we don't understand football - is that an acceptable enough answer?
Again everybody knows this team is talent deficient including you. Including Brit. Everybody also knows back ups don’t play as good as first line guys no matter what level they are on any team. So no really don’t see the point other than you just stirring the pot.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's trying to be rude to @BritCard.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Again everybody knows this team is talent deficient including you. Including Brit. Everybody also knows back ups don’t play as good as first line guys no matter what level they are on any team. So no really don’t see the point other than you just stirring the pot.
It's all good my man, I put the spoon away and grabbed the bong. But (there's always a but) I still contend that some of starters are back ups, and I think some of our back ups are actually practice squad level. I think this is where Brit and I differ - but I'm gonna hit this bong and keep it moving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson