Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 6-1-2021 - Game 5

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ll see about Davis. I’m sure it’ll be a game-time decision regardless, so the Suns should prepare. And they can’t let their guard down even if he’s out.

The Suns worst enemy is letting down but with it being game 5 in Phoenix with a large crowd it shouldn't happen.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns worst enemy is letting down but with it being game 5 in Phoenix with a large crowd it shouldn't happen.

Cannot see the Suns letting down against LeBron with the crowd. The 3rd Quarter of game 3 was an aberration.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Booker on Dennis b/c the types of guys he tends to struggle with run a lot off ball (KCP/Caruso/Wes on this team), and he is excellent now on the ball. Dennis tends to stand still when he is off the ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope this is a last second win for the Suns where Lebron plays 40 minutes.

I know what you are saying but I hope a Suns win doesn't come down to this.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope this is a last second win for the Suns where Lebron plays 40 minutes.

Not me. I don't want this to come down to a final shot with the ball in Lebron's hands. No way.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge huge gm tom!!! Hope paul shows up again and ayton continues his tremendous play especially on the boards!!! Finally showing num 1 pick top 3 picks player attitude like luka.... morant etc

Also suns desperately need crowder bridges to hit there outside inside shots play good def

Nervous as heck on tom

We are the valley!!! Rise up

Going to my bro house to have a few drinks bong rips and pizza for gm!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just asking how many more productive seasons can paul play? Should suns draft/trade/fa for a young pg in offseason to grow as a nba pg for when paul leave im worried on that record wise in few yrs

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Just asking how many more productive seasons can paul play? Should suns draft/trade/fa for a young pg in offseason to grow as a nba pg for when paul leave im worried on that record wise in few yrs

Kidd led a championship team in total minutes at 37. Paul’s game will age gracefully but the bigger question is the parts around him continuing to develop.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kidd led a championship team in total minutes at 37. Paul’s game will age gracefully but the bigger question is the parts around him continuing to develop.

I had a lot of doubts about Stix until the last game of the season. If he can continue to develop along with Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges it would be huge. Needless to say re-signing Payne is important.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Davis is out then I expect we'll see more Gasol since he spaces things out for the Lakers better than Drummond. We need to let Ayton continue to guard him or Drummond, don't try putting him on LeBron. Crowder can't box out Gasol, even when he's camped at the 3 point line, and that's why Ayton needs to stay on him.

I'm most afraid of the Suns getting lazy on the glass, thinking it will be easier without Davis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Davis is out then I expect we'll see more Gasol since he spaces things out for the Lakers better than Drummond. We need to let Ayton continue to guard him or Drummond, don't try putting him on LeBron. Crowder can't box out Gasol, even when he's camped at the 3 point line, and that's why Ayton needs to stay on him.

I'm most afraid of the Suns getting lazy on the glass, thinking it will be easier without Davis.

Gasol does most of his damage at the 3-point line. He is not real mobile so if someone keeps him from getting wide open looks the Suns should be okay. Sometimes it's easier said that done.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Game 4 was the biggest game of the series for us so far. Now Game 5 is the biggest. Really need to win this one in front of our fans and take the momentum back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the shot I wish Mikal Bridges could master. See bottom video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the shot I wish Mikal Bridges could master. See bottom video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

he's had that shot at the elbow twice WIDE OPEN and bricked both. Man, it would be great if he and Cam got on a roll tomorrow night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't follow Stephen A. Smith much but he seems to favor the Suns in the series with Anthony Davis hurting.

From By Johnny Soto | May 31, 2021 at 12:42 pm of Arizona Sports:

“With Anthony Davis and that groin injury, obviously is a very sensitive and very tender issue. And as a result of that, I don’t know who’s expecting him to be back,” Smith said. “And meanwhile, CP3 is literally making plays, making signature shots, and then looking into the cameras and saying, ‘I’m back’.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/267...-win-series-vs-lakers/?show=comments#comments

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's had that shot at the elbow twice WIDE OPEN and bricked both. Man, it would be great if he and Cam got on a roll tomorrow night.

Bridges doesn't seem to take his time with that shot. If he did, I think it's money. With those long arms he should be able to get the ball over the defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard