Do Suns blow it up?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that is allowed it would give us more options. Having said that just trading Durant is completely pointless. There is no trading Durant and making the team better. We need someone better than Booker to play with Booker.
It’s absolutely not pointless, the point is to get under the 2nd apron so we get some flexibility back.

I’m pretty sure the team would play better without him because we wouldn’t be so worried about getting him his bad quality mid range jumpers and move the ball more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s absolutely not pointless, the point is to get under the 2nd apron so we get some flexibility back.

I’m pretty sure the team would play better without him because we wouldn’t be so worried about getting him his bad quality mid range jumpers and move the ball more.
Just trading Durant is still pointless. Book can't be our #1. If you are ONLY trading Durant that isn't going to happen. You are not getting a #1 type player in return. So, yes, it's pointless. You have to do more than that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just trading Durant is still pointless. Book can't be our #1. If you are ONLY trading Durant that isn't going to happen. You are not getting a #1 type player in return. So, yes, it's pointless. You have to do more than that.
I don't get your logic. Getting under the second apron seems important to me. We're in a 20 foot hole, when we climb out of it then we can deal with whether or not Booker can be a #1 (if he's still with us). We are going to be bad and we are not going to reap the benefits being bad. I guess that's kind of business as usual though considering we have almost nothing to show from our several years of tanking that culminated in drafting DA.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Trading Beal is going to be a challenge but he's no more untradable than Durant is, IMO. If we fire everybody and manage to get good value for Booker and a box of animal crackers for KD, Beal will probably start pushing for a trade. Obviously, we'll have to trade him to a team he approves.
It's a tough spot, as you point out the best way to offload Beal is to trade everyone and lose a bunch of games, but it's going to be tough watching high picks go to someone else.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get your logic. Getting under the second apron seems important to me. We're in a 20 foot hole, when we climb out of it then we can deal with whether or not Booker can be a #1 (if he's still with us). We are going to be bad and we are not going to reap the benefits being bad. I guess that's kind of business as usual though considering we have almost nothing to show from our several years of tanking that culminated in drafting DA.
My logic is what moves make us better. If Durant ends up being your only move and you just tweak the bench we suck even worse. What I am saying is that if trading Durant leads to other moves great. If not? It's completely pointless.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The irony is if Ryan McDonough had been able to complete the rumored trade for Shai, he would have drafted two All-Stars in Booker and Alexander.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is no logical or realistic circumstances where we trade KD and get under the 2nd apron. None. Every post here nowadays is about some fantasy transaction that isn't going to happen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel says he has the full support of Mat Ishbia going into year two.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My logic is what moves make us better. If Durant ends up being your only move and you just tweak the bench we suck even worse. What I am saying is that if trading Durant leads to other moves great. If not? It's completely pointless.
I don't see any path to getting better, at least not enough to make a difference. We could keep the team together, win 45 to 50 games without ever being a real threat to win it all until KD ages out. But if the goal is to win it all, I see no reason to mess around any longer with this group. Recognize it isn't happening any time soon and take our lumps as quickly as possible.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

Yeah... not gonna happen bud

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kiss of death when the coach is asked that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no logical or realistic circumstances where we trade KD and get under the 2nd apron. None. Every post here nowadays is about some fantasy transaction that isn't going to happen.
What? Nobody said it was a single step process. Yes we would have to either dump some traded contracts on a team with cap space or get players on the last year of the contract and let them expire.

If it was the teams priority I guarentee you it could be done within 1 year at the most.

Regardless of how it happens, the point is to start the process asap.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope so, but Vogel must have had some reassurance to say that.
Well, it probably wouldn’t be wise if you are ishiba if confronted to tell him before the game I am going to fire you.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What? Nobody said it was a single step process. Yes we would have to either dump some traded contracts on a team with cap space or get players on the last year of the contract and let them expire.

Regardless of how it happens, the point is to start the process asap.
LOL

Suns fans are certifiably insane.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any path to getting better, at least not enough to make a difference. We could keep the team together, win 45 to 50 games without ever being a real threat to win it all until KD ages out. But if the goal is to win it all, I see no reason to mess around any longer with this group. Recognize it isn't happening any time soon and take our lumps as quickly as possible.
Yeah I think we are saying the same thing but in a different way. I am for blowing it up and using trade pieces while they still have value.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL

Suns fans are certifiably insane.
Are you calling me insane because it won’t happen or because it can’t happen.

Because it absolutely could happen, it just takes it being the teams priority.

Do I think it will happen, unfortunately no.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you calling me insane because it won’t happen or because it can’t happen.

Because it absolutely could happen, it just takes it being the teams priority.

Do I think it will happen, unfortunately no.

Same. It should happen. But it won’t. They’ll do a Hail Mary pass with a new coach next year, but Book/KD are the 2024 version of the Melo/Iverson Nuggets.

Also rans to their very core.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Says the guy who thought Durant would make us better. How has that worked out?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who thought Durant would make us better. How has that worked out?
Dude most of this board thought Durant would make us better as did most of the NBA. Couldn’t resist yourself again to start crap? Typical of you. It’s getting boring man. LOL.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude most of this board thought Durant would make us better. Couldn’t resist yourself again to start crap?

A lot of us didn't think it improved us, especially at the price paid and have been vocal about that well before the trade happened.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort