Delusions

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trust me, what I am going rant about is not the only problem and in the scheme of things is probably one of the smaller problems, but I feel like it is a pattern that is related to the bigger problems.

BA said he had no major concerns. Really? Special teams is not a concern?

We are not even asking ST to win us games with turnovers or scores. All we ask is that they just do not hurt us.

Since BA has been here out ST has been garbage. Our ST has consitently put our D in bad positions. We have a punter who is terrible but we are told there is no one else on the planet we can get better than him. So much so that when he gets hurt we left a 55th round pick go to keep him on the roster. Then we have a guy who has been cut by as many teams as Butler go out there and make Butler look like a random high school kicker in comparison. So Butler is awesome, Amos is awesome, ST is awesome, let's not try to do anything to improve it in 3 years. ST didn't single handily lose this game for us but like many games they hurt us instead of helping or just being a net neutral.

We have a backup qb as our insurance policy for a player who could see his last pro snap on any given play who is terrible. We are told there is no one better on the planet that could fill the backup role when it is clear nearly if not all backups on the other 31 teams are better. Was there any doubt that when Palmer left the game that it was over? We should have a backup we feel like we have a chance of winning with if the need arises. But for 3 years we don't upgrade this deficiency just for the purpose of being a number 2, let alone for our future. I see backups doing very well for teams this season in ways we could never hope for so it's not that you can have zero expectations of quality play from a backup.

We are likely going into Thursday with Stanton and you can be sure unless DJ works magic or our D shuts them out and or scores you can bet we are going to be 1 and 5 and our new goal will be getting above 500.

Again these are probably the smaller concerns compared to O and D productivity but if we can't do the small things right in terms of personal how can we do the big things right. How we demand excellency from the players when it is clear management has not been doing there job to put the team in the best situation to win.

I think we can get this together but it's time for shakeups to happen on ST for sure. If we can't even get ST right then why bother with anything else?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I know the team is bad, but they will be 1-4 after they lose on Thursday.

All valid points tho.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA doesn't believe we any major issues. Believes we gave a good effort against the Rams and cut down on our mental mistakes. Just some physical things that need to be corrected.

Unless this is coach speak we are in big trouble. We can't keep doing the same thing.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BA doesn't believe we any major issues. Believes we gave a good effort against the Rams and cut down on our mental mistakes. Just some physical things that need to be corrected.

Unless this is coach speak we are in big trouble. We can't keep doing the same thing.

Its coach speak. Arians knows this team doesn't have what it takes to compete. The weak links have become too weak to support the whole.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know the team is bad, but they will be 1-4 after they lose on Thursday.

Hate to say it, but I must agree. Even if Palmer goes - and he probably won't - Cards will get bludgeoned in Santa Clara on Thursday, then the finger-pointing will start in earnest. Yet another ham & egger opponent QB has looked like a hall of famer, and now Blaine Gabbert is about to look like the second coming of Joe Montana, while Stanton throws balls into the stands and right to Niner DB's. Then what happens? Who knows!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson