What a difference a year makes.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? You think Monti's going to Dollar Bill this offseason? I swear, folks were smoking the hopium last year assuring pessimists we'd have tons and tons to spend in FA; flip it a year, and folks are all "we won't be able to sign big money FAs." I could see Pittman maybe getting the tag and Evans maybe wanting to stay in Tampa, but there's no reason we can't land a Higgins.
I think Higgins will be looking for a stratosphere contract. He is paired with Chase so most of the time he isn’t even drawing the #1 cb.
I’m not saying he isn’t good but I think he will be overpaid.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? You think Monti's going to Dollar Bill this offseason? I swear, folks were smoking the hopium last year assuring pessimists we'd have tons and tons to spend in FA; flip it a year, and folks are all "we won't be able to sign big money FAs." I could see Pittman maybe getting the tag and Evans maybe wanting to stay in Tampa, but there's no reason we can't land a Higgins.

PFF has predictions of who will most likely get franchised tagged in their top 100 FA list:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If our big offensive spend is on Hollywood Brown, I don't think people will be happy. He was awful in a contract year. Offer him 8 million on a 1 year deal, and if he goes, who cares? He's not anything near an irreplaceable piece.

It's not my money. But part of building a culture is that people who stick through it and work hard get rewarded. Brown had the least productive season of his career in a contract year and didn't complain and kept trying to get back on the field in a lost season.

It's not my point of view, but you can see how the coaching staff and front office could be interested in slightly overpaying to show the rest of the team what's possible (especially if it doesn't extend you out over a multiple years).

I don't watch the All-22, but isn't it possible that Hollywood was getting open and winning 1:1s but Dobbs and early Kyler didn't see him or were missing him?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If our big offensive spend is on Hollywood Brown, I don't think people will be happy. He was awful in a contract year. Offer him 8 million on a 1 year deal, and if he goes, who cares? He's not anything near an irreplaceable piece.
Yup. Offense had two of its best days the last two games of the season when Hollywood was riding pine. Spending anything more than 8 for 1 seems like we’re just doubling down on what was already a bad trade.

Think of it this way… if we were another team, how we would feel about signing Hollywood Brown to a 10 million plus contract?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's not my money. But part of building a culture is that people who stick through it and work hard get rewarded. Brown had the least productive season of his career in a contract year and didn't complain and kept trying to get back on the field in a lost season.

It's not my point of view, but you can see how the coaching staff and front office could be interested in slightly overpaying to show the rest of the team what's possible (especially if it doesn't extend you out over a multiple years).

I don't watch the All-22, but isn't it possible that Hollywood was getting open and winning 1:1s but Dobbs and early Kyler didn't see him or were missing him?
Yes, position coaches review film. If Brown is retained there is a reason.

I trust the staff until I don’t.

It’s on Monti to determine value for the dollar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards have 13 picks this draft, no?
It seems I found conflicting statements from the rags

• Arizona has a total of 13 draft picks in 2024, six of which are coming in the first three rounds. Heading into the second year of a rebuild with plenty of draft capital and cap space, there's confidence the Cardinals can right the ship sooner rather than later. The Arizona Cardinals are currently slated for the No. 4 pick in the NFL Draft.

As of now, the Cardinals have 11 draft picks in 2024 -- including two first-rounders, one second-rounder and three third-rounders. For those counting at home, that's six in the top 100. The Cardinals got the Houston Texans' 2024 first-rounder (among other picks) in last week's draft when the Texans traded up from No. 12 to the Cardinals' spot at No. 3 to select pass-rusher Will Anderson Jr.

Some of the differences could be time related so I have no clue how many picks we actually hold for the 2024 draft

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

• Arizona has a total of 13 draft picks in 2024, six of which are coming in the first three rounds. Heading into the second year of a rebuild with plenty of draft capital and cap space, there's confidence the Cardinals can right the ship sooner rather than later. The Arizona Cardinals are currently slated for the No. 4 pick in the NFL Draft.

As of now, the Cardinals have 11 draft picks in 2024 -- including two first-rounders, one second-rounder and three third-rounders. For those counting at home, that's six in the top 100. The Cardinals got the Houston Texans' 2024 first-rounder (among other picks) in last week's draft when the Texans traded up from No. 12 to the Cardinals' spot at No. 3 to select pass-rusher Will Anderson Jr.

Some of the differences could be time related so I have no clue how many picks we actually hold for the 2024 draft
I’ve been under the impression we have 11 picks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. We absolutely need to sign a defensive starter, at least one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals currently have 13 picks:

You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No thanks on resigning Brown. I think playing him makes our offensve more predictable.

Though, gotta admit that he did get screwed on some passes. Dobbs missing him badly on what should've been two TDs against the Rams in the first matchup and Kyler missing two, 1 against Houston and the other against Atlanta.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, watching this team the last two games (and at times throughout the season) has been VERY encouraging. Not that we're just a few pieces away, but if we shore up the areas of need, and draft well, we could be poised for great things. For all of the effort the roster as constructed put forth, I have zero issue with a bulk of these dude making up the depth next year. Defensively. bring Kyzir back then supplement that with a solid off-season, and I'm feeling good about the potential.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
last year at this time-- I had 0 expectations. Technically, negative expectations as i was prepared for things to get worse before getting better

i now have expectations.

With a NFC where a 8-8 team going into week 18 had plausible playoff hopes -- there is no reason with a good offseason that this team cant be playing meaningful football games next December
My realistic ceiling next year!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Nope. We absolutely need to sign a defensive starter, at least one.

They're going to have to.

Five of their 11 week one starters are pending free agents or off the team (Ledbetter, Collier, Fotu, Woods, Wilson).

Only three of their week 18 starters are facing free agency (Lopez, Barnes, Hamilton).

Of course, everyone who played on this defense contributed to the worst unit in the NFL.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're going to have to.

Five of their 11 week one starters are pending free agents or off the team (Ledbetter, Collier, Fotu, Woods, Wilson).

Only three of their week 18 starters are facing free agency (Lopez, Barnes, Hamilton).

Of course, everyone who played on this defense contributed to the worst unit in the NFL.
Let me clarify. They need to sign starters that would start on other teams, not just the Cards...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think if they don't sign someone in FA (and FA doesn't look great) then they have to draft one of the top guys.

I think the team will trade for someone too. Maybe more than 1. 11 picks is too much for a single draft, that's a lot of rookie talent to properly handle.

Probably not some huge high pick trade but similar to the 5th's that got Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks, or the 5th that got Shaq Mason.
Man cooper for a 5th was a freaking steal.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
13 includes the projected 4th round compensatory pick and getting back the 7th from Minnesota in the Dobbs trade.
We are not getting the 7th back. He only started 4 games for the Vikings and we needed him to start 5 to get the pick back. Remember, he did not start that Falcons game despite playing the majority of the snaps. Dobbs being demoted to 3rd string emergency QB wasn't just due to performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson