OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure...I don't want either!
Harry, doesn’t like the idea of Davis either. But if Brown demands 12-13m we should look somewhere else.
Davis is young, big, fast and is a big play threat. That being said haven’t seen what he would command in salary.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Harry, doesn’t like the idea of Davis either. But if Brown demands 12-13m we should look somewhere else.
Davis is young, big, fast and is a big play threat. That being said haven’t seen what he would command in salary.
Gabe Davis is definitely a higher-risk proposition than Hollywood Brown. The offense is funky, but there were five games where he had zero receptions last season and seven when he had three or fewer targets.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gabe Davis is definitely a higher-risk proposition than Hollywood Brown. The offense is funky, but there were five games where he had zero receptions last season and seven when he had three or fewer targets.
My bet says Brown signs with us for 2-3 years for about 11m per year with some incentives.
EDIT: This is not what I want, just the feeling I get.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

My wife is a UCF alum and we are huge Davis fans and will always root for him. However I believe that the price he will demand will be too steep for the amount of risk that he brings. As you mentioned he can disappear for long stretches.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if that is the case. I think he wants to reset his value next year and go 20M million after that.
You might be right. However, he’s expressed wanting to return. Also when a player signs a 1 year deal he is taking a risk. 30m in the bank or 10m in the bank and a maybe.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My wife is a UCF alum and we are huge Davis fans and will always root for him. However I believe that the price he will demand will be too steep for the amount of risk that he brings. As you mentioned he can disappear for long stretches.

I don't know how steep a price he'll demand. He has a good amount of TDs, but he's never been a volume guy. Maybe he gets the Kirk deal three years later.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how steep a price he'll demand. He has a good amount of TDs, but he's never been a volume guy. Maybe he gets the Kirk deal three years later.
Then that is too much. I would turn to Tyler Boyd or maybe even Josh Reynolds, DJ Chark or Noah Brown.
All that being said I think we will keep Brown. But I’d rather add size.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While I agree as I am not a huge believer in Brown, I don't think you can enter the draft with a WR room of Dortch, Wilson, Moore, and Pascal. And I don't think adding an eight mil WR (Juju, Russell Gage) changes that. I just personally feel many people aren't understanding about what the WR market league wide looks like. 10 mil doesn't get you very far.

This FA class has four WRs at the top. 15 mil +. Pittman, Ridley, Evans and Higgins.

Brown is in the next tier with Gabe Davis. Somewhere between 8-12 mil.

Then you have your vets like Boyd, Odell, Samuel with your younger but unproven guys like Chark, Osborn, and Mooney.

As I have said, I don't believe the Cardinals will land one of the top 4, and I don't believe they will head into the draft with just adding a player from the bottom group. That leaves re-signing Brown on a one year deal or signing Davis. I think they go Brown.
We have no clear #1 receiver. I would be happy with that as a start. Having one works wonders.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have no clear #1 receiver. I would be happy with that as a start. Having one works wonders.
That is fair. I have two questions.

1- Do you think that can land one of Higgins, Ridley, Evans or Pittman?

2 - Are you ok using FA dollars for a "clear #1 receiver" when heading into a draft with one of the better WR classes available?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being from upstate NY, practically my entire family are Bills fans. They would LOVE to dispose themselves of Davis. Apparently, he‘s the king of running the wrong routes, and creates more problems than he solves. Other than his ideal size, I don’t see him fitting what MOJG aspire to.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being from upstate NY, practically my entire family are Bills fans. They would LOVE to dispose themselves of Davis. Apparently, he‘s the king of running the wrong routes, and creates more problems than he solves. Other than his ideal size, I don’t see him fitting what MOJG aspire to.
Are you prepared for the snow that's coming?

Hope all is well for you and your family :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you prepared for the snow that's coming?

Hope all is well for you and your family :)
I was born and raised in Syracuse, but moved to MD after college. And now live in York, PA. But all 7 of my sisters & their families still live in Syracuse. I definitely don’t miss those winters, but my wife, kids, and grandkids LOVE going back to visit!!

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I’m convinced. I’m out on Davis.