Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash is 10 assists away from tying the record with a whole quarter to go :(

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
man jr has really stepped up since the new old ball.

Absolutely. Everybody was ready to write him off and considered D'Antoni crazy for keeping this kid on the court. Look at the numbers he's putting up now.

All I can say for the return of the leather ball is Amen!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Just the fact that he said the composite stuck to his hands and thats why he struggled with it is enough to screw up a young shooters mindset. Hopefully he can keep this up for the rest of the year cause that will be HUGE for the team

HooverDam

Reaction score
With Jumaine Jones, Banks, Burke, Rose and LB in the game, why don't we see Piatkowski? I saw that Marks is in street clothes. Do we have to keep 2 guys in street clothes per game because of the Jalen signing?

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
burke has got to be the worst ive ever seen. sure he can stroke it once a full moon, but hes so slow and clumsy.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Drat. I have DirecTV in Los Angeles, and from about the middle of the second quarter, the signal went all screwy. I'm now hearing the audio of the game, but the picture is stuck on a frozen image of Stephen Colbert. Anyone else having a remotely similar problem?

It was some problem with my TiVo and it fixed itself once I canceled the recording. But it sounds like the end of the second quarter, which I missed, was the best part of the game. Drat, again.

That was brutal, great game Suns!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
burke has got to be the worst ive ever seen. sure he can stroke it once a full moon, but hes so slow and clumsy.

IMO, Burke plays the role of court jester and what's worse, he seems to relish in the role. Please let this be the last year for Pat Burke in a Phoenix uniform.

On a side note, it seemed like Amare really had trouble hanging onto the ball tonight even though he had a good game. I wonder if it is the leather ball or just one of those nights. His hands used to be like velcro. However, Amare was awesome on defense and rebounding.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
IMO, Burke plays the role of court jester and what's worse, he seems to relish in the role. Please let this be the last year for Pat Burke in a Phoenix uniform.

On a side note, it seemed like Amare really had trouble hanging onto the ball tonight even though he had a good game. I wonder if it is the leather ball or just one of those nights. His hands used to be like velcro. However, Amare was awesome on defense and rebounding.

hes been having this problem lately ive noticed. im not sure if its the ball or just a lack of concentration. its gets really annoying when they make nice passes to him and he fumbles it. reminds me of kwame. doh!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Jumaine Jones, Banks, Burke, Rose and LB in the game, why don't we see Piatkowski? I saw that Marks is in street clothes. Do we have to keep 2 guys in street clothes per game because of the Jalen signing?
Yes the Suns have 14 players so 2 must be on the inactive list and it is typically Marks & Pike.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hes been having this problem lately ive noticed. im not sure if its the ball or just a lack of concentration. its gets really annoying when they make nice passes to him and he fumbles it. reminds me of kwame. doh!
I saw an interview with Amare on Suns Insider and Amare was opposed to changing back to the leather ball. He loved the grippy composite ball and the soft rolls and bounces it had around the basket.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread but I saw a part of the New Jersey and Chicago game prior to the Suns game tonight in which Chicago lost. Can someone please explain to me how Chicago is not a better team? Their whole 12 man roster is simply loaded with talent. Perhaps they have too much talent or Skiles is not the coach for this team.

IMO, this team has the talent to play in the Western Conference and be successful. I'm just mystified why this team is not more dominating. I know I would like to grab a couple players off their 12 man roster for the Suns.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread but I saw a part of the New Jersey and Chicago game prior to the Suns game tonight in which Chicago lost. Can someone please explain to me how Chicago is not a better team? Their whole 12 man roster is simply loaded with talent. Perhaps they have too much talent or Skiles is not the coach for this team.

IMO, this team has the talent to play in the Western Conference and be successful. I'm just mystified why this team is not more dominating. I know I would like to grab a couple players off their 12 man roster for the Suns.

Skiles was never a good offensive coach and it really shows on the Bulls. They have a couple of guys who can score (Gordon, Deng, Nocioni & Hinrich), but there usually not in great position to score. They haven't been playing Ty Thomas or Thabo Sefolosa very much lately either. Most of their bench guys are defensive players like PJ Brown, Duhon, Adrian Griffin, and even Khryapa so they struggle when one of the 4 offensive guys has an off night. Tonight both Deng & Hinrich had bad shooting nights (Hinrich got 19pts on 6-20 shooting). Also, the have Ben Wallace in the starting lineup and he's a very limited offensive player. Their top scorers are wing players and they don't have much scoring in the paint from their bigs (which is why they should be giving Ty Thomas more time) and teams will usually struggle when their scoring isn't balanced. I don't know if they'd be in the playoffs in the West, I guess they might battle it out for the 8th seed, but I think that if they mostly played western teams then their record might be sub .500 right now.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started a massive "We want Burke!" chant in the arena. It was good times.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Burke were black would he be so popular in Phoenix?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you also start a "Sit Burke Down" chant after he clanked his shots? :)

LOL everyone just laughs while he plays. He doesn't jeapordize the game (because he isn't in but in the last 3 minutes), does goofy skits to entertain the fans, works his butt off in practice, and is well liked on the team. I don't understand why some people don't like him.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Burke were black would he be so popular in Phoenix?

If he was the exact same guy...yes.

The black guy next to me was shouting "We want Burke" with me. We were laughing our asses off when he is out there jacking up threes. It is just silly fun. He is fat lady singing at the end of the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my row, where I was standing up yelling "We want Burke!"

There was: The black guy next to me. His asian girlfriend. 2 hispanic guys. Several white guys. A couple of uninterested white girls.

A veritible melting pot of people yelling "We want Burke."